Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I brought it up because Stokely Carmichael's ghost -- I mean "Desert Detroiter" -- felt free to insert himself into the thread. But I'm glad you haven't read all the posts. You can apologize later.
LOL.... you brought it up because you were just trying to pile onto "dumb-o-crats" not expecting anyone to actual call you on your ignorance.

Again... you brought up Detroit in a derogatory manner and now you are back tracking in the face of someone more knowledgeable than you.

Quote:
if you had the slightest knowledge of history, you would be aware that even the Russians knew that Castro was deranged and took the boomy things away from him.
....ok. So why are we still using Cold War dogma against a weak country?

Quote:
I am, however, nothing if not magnanimous. When the Castros apologize for their threats against the United States, when they permit their own people to access the Internet, to travel overseas, and to enjoy free speech, our government should permit them a ten-year probationary period. At the end of that time, we might consider re-establishing consulate-level contact. But only if Fidel and Raul are cold meat.
... so you base it on the level of your butt hurt-ness.

Just so we are clear.... Cuba poses no national security threat or is a major economic competitor.... You just got upset because someone threatened the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 09:24 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You just got upset because someone threatened the US.
And you didn't. And -- you ignore the conditions under which the Cuban people suffer, owing solely to the Castros.

Which is the difference between us. Just so we are clear.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
And you didn't. And -- you ignore the conditions under which the Cuban people suffer, owing solely to the Castros.

Which is the difference between us. Just so we are clear.
And not trading or allow traveling with Cuba in the 21st century will help the people of Cuba how......

Old 03-18-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
And not trading or allow traveling with Cuba in the 21st century will help the people of Cuba how......
People from all over the world travel and trade with Cuba all the time. If the Cuban people would have been "helped" by market access, it would have happened long ago. The American capitulation engineered by Obama accomplishes nothing except further enriching corporations like ConAgra and legitimizing the Castros and their Stalinist gerontocracy.

Someday you need to learn that despots can -- and must -- be resisted. And that includes elected ones.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:03 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Move China or Wahabbiville within 90 miles of our coastline. Install a sociopathic dictator who foams at the mouth for hours about his hatred for America as their ruler. Arm him with nukes.

Getting the idea?
Our government attempted to assassinate him multiple times after he came into power, so that may explain the hatred.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
People from all over the world travel and trade with Cuba all the time.
Quantify this claim.

Quote:
If the Cuban people would have been "helped" by market access, it would have happened long ago.
Based on what?

Quote:
The American capitulation engineered by Obama accomplishes nothing except further enriching corporations like ConAgra and legitimizing the Castros and their Stalinist gerontocracy.
Cold War is over brah.

Quote:
Someday you need to learn that despots can -- and must -- be resisted. And that includes elected ones.
Kay?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Our government attempted to assassinate him multiple times after he came into power, so that may explain the hatred.
He deserved assassination. After all, he wanted to destroy the United States with nuclear weapons.

Details,details, eh?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Quantify this claim.

Based on what?

Cold War is over brah.

Kay?
Oh, for cripes sake, Google is your (only?) friend. Take your jejeune quiz and stick it in a Cuba Libre. You are obviously out of substantive arguments -- and in the embarrassing position of defending a totalitarian regime, to boot. You'll waste no more of my time tonight.

The rest is crickets.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 03-18-2016 at 10:47 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Take your jejeune quiz and stick it in a Cuba Libre. You are obviously out of substantive arguments -- and in the embarrassing position of defending a totalitarian regime, to boot.
So then you can't back up your claims? Yes or no?

This thread hasn't gone according to plan eh comrade?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your nation?

If you are speaking of the United States, you can thank you fellow dems for most everything you say....

Don't like it, prove me wrong, by votes, in CONGRESS, if you can I'll apologize to you here in this very thread........
Don't like what? And prove you wrong about what? Stay on the topic.

What in my post was inaccurate?

Oh yeah...nothing. And that's what YOU don't like. Don't worry about what I like.

BTW...I'm not interested in your apologies. I already know that you're sorry.
Quote:
Aw, somebody got chitlin juice on their Che shirt. Nothing "haughty" about hating people who operate a fascist dictatorship. And who wanted to nuke us. Just because our President is a limp-dicked punk is no reason for us to follow his lead.

You dig the garbage pile, go play in it. It'll remind you of Detroit.
So you couldn't address my points, could ya?

I knew you'd come up lame.

Fascist dictatorship? Your country has installed and financed fascist dictatorships all over the world. They only dislike those governments when they lose control of them.

We don't hate Castro. We hate that we couldn't BUY Castro. You're just too obtuse to understand the distinction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies