Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should children be able to acquire 18+ years of child support from their parents in adulthood?
Yes 10 25.00%
No 30 75.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 05:47 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I am not wrong. I got his original question, but pointed out the law, which is that both parents are responsible for support and the state itself has a right to get back support even without the custodial parent's consent. In fact, the state adds interest to back support, so there is a monetary incentive for them to seek the support on their own. Watch out, because they can and WILL collect at some point.
I don't care if you pointed out law. Show us law where, in the answer you provide, where the a custodial parent NEVER went back to court and then AFTER the "adult child" has been gone, the child went back to court to get their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 05:50 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Good, you admit you are wrong.
I never said that. Your reading comprehension and my poor wording does not mean I am wrong. The support is owed until the child reaches the age of majority or has graduated from high school, whichever comes later. If your kid turns 18 in October but doesn't graduate until May, you have to pay through May.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I don't care if you pointed out law. Show us law where, in the answer you provide, where the a custodial parent NEVER went back to court and then AFTER the "adult child" has been gone, the child went back to court to get their money.
The original question is wrong. The adult child does not have the right to go for back child support. That money belongs to the custodial parent. I suppose there could be cases of adult children going for support when the custodial parent has already died, but i have never seen it. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened though.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I never said that. Your reading comprehension and my poor wording does not mean I am wrong. The support is owed until the child reaches the age of majority or has graduated from high school, whichever comes later. If your kid turns 18 in October but doesn't graduate until May, you have to pay through May.

Hahhahahahha, wording IS everything which is why you are wrong with the OPs initial question.

And because I have proven you wrong, does not mean you are correct....

You are wrong, and you are adding what you feel is necessary to the OP's question to make a nonexistent point that has ZERO to do with what the OP has asked.

You may be correct on what you added to the OP's question, other than that you are completely 100% wrong to the OP's original question, no matter how you spin it.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
The original question is wrong. The adult child does not have the right to go for back child support. That money belongs to the custodial parent. I suppose there could be cases of adult children going for support when the custodial parent has already died, but i have never seen it. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened though.
How the hell is the original question wrong?

Did you write it?

If the custodial parent never goes back to court, how can the child sue to get the back pay?

Now you are just making crap up.....

Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Hahhahahahha, wording IS everything which is why you are wrong with the OPs initial question.

And because I have proven you wrong, does not mean you are correct....

You are wrong, and you are adding what you feel is necessary to the OP's question to make a nonexistent point that has ZERO to do with what the OP has asked.

You may be correct on what you added to the OP's question, other than that you are completely 100% wrong to the OP's original question, no matter how you spin it.
I am not obligated to answer his exact question, especially since it isn't correct in the first place. But go ahead and ignore my posts if you want. I have a right to insert my opinion and the law to the thread, even if it wasn't exactly what the OP asked.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I am not obligated to answer his exact question, especially since it isn't correct in the first place. But go ahead and ignore my posts if you want. I have a right to insert my opinion and the law to the thread, even if it wasn't exactly what the OP asked.
Yes you are....

I'm keeping this quote, and for every time you answer a question that I disagree (true or not) with you (and I will, just because) I'm going to post this, and I better not get any complaints......

Old 03-21-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
How the hell is the original question wrong?

Did you write it?

If the custodial parent never goes back to court, how can the child sue to get the back pay?

Now you are just making crap up.....
It's like talking to a wall. I have explained it. The child does not have the right to go for back child support because it belongs to the custodial parent, though I theorized that an adult child could go for back support if the custodial parent is dead. It would be his or her inheritance I suppose. Like I said, I don't know if that has ever happened though.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:03 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
I have seen back child support given to the mother after kid turned 18 yes I have- but you know the systems still pro men- and their mess- re children and wives

Old 03-21-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Yes you are....

I'm keeping this quote, and for every time you answer a question that I disagree (true or not) with you (and I will, just because) I'm going to post this, and I better not get any complaints......
I would never complain or hold people accountable to answer the exact question when that person has answered the question, even if it doesn't fit into the box the OP set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies