Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:55 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Common sense and guns usually don't go hand in hand. One of the many reasons for anyone wanting to own a gun should go through an extensive gun safety course before being allowed to carry.
The first sentence is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, even from an anti-gun pacifist. While I agree people should get training, it should NOT be mandatory. The vast majority of defensive uses of firearms against criminals intent upon lethal force are by completely untrained people. And to suggest people who own and carry firearms don't have common sense is insulting and unnecessary. I happen to think people who go around unarmed are ignorant and stupid, but I don't go around saying so and insulting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 05:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
What a friggin moron, it is people like her that gives gun owners who are responsible a bad name. People like her should not even own a gun. Common sense should have told her, not to keep it in a purse.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:04 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
55 accidental gun deaths a day. Lots of them involve small children.
Yeah, well 412 people died from falling off ladders in 2000.

And about 55 people a day were killed walking across the street.

Not to mention about 100 per day from hospital foul ups - so therefore using these statistics Doctors are more dangerous to your health than guns.

Most Common Causes of Death Due to Injury in the US

Old 03-21-2016, 05:06 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Hold on....clears throat...

This is what a responsible gun owner do, this is why we need more laws...

If you don't know my stance, please go look before responding, this was sarcasm.....

Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The first sentence is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, even from an anti-gun pacifist. While I agree people should get training, it should NOT be mandatory. The vast majority of defensive uses of firearms against criminals intent upon lethal force are by completely untrained people. And to suggest people who own and carry firearms don't have common sense is insulting and unnecessary. I happen to think people who go around unarmed are ignorant and stupid, but I don't go around saying so and insulting them.
I never said anything about mandatory, nor am I an anti-gun pacifist. I except that morons are free to get a gun without training and leave themselves open to such horrible accidents.

But yeah, any moron thinking of buying a gun should take a gun safety class first to properly educate themselves to prevent something stupid from happening.

Granted I left the house today without a gun on me and have yet to be shot or killed or anything else that might go wrong that you seem to fear.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Just another consciences gun owner exercising her 2nd amendment rights...

Old 03-21-2016, 05:25 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Just another consciences gun owner exercising her 2nd amendment rights...
Someone should have taught that kid proper gun safety !

Old 03-21-2016, 05:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Common sense and guns usually don't go hand in hand. One of the many reasons for anyone wanting to own a gun should go through an extensive gun safety course before being allowed to carry.
You're determined to prove that you know absolutely NOTHING about guns, gun laws or gun owners, aren't you? Typical anti gun nut. There are 350,000,000 guns in the US, 5-10 MILLION more every year, at least 80 MILLION gun owners, if common sense wasn't the rule there would be far more accidents and deaths than there are. To anyone not blinded by fear and determined to push an agenda it's obvious that gun owners are some of the safest and most responsible people in the country.

TVs falling kill more children every year than guns do, so obviously common sense and TV ownership don't go hand in hand, right? That's the standard you want to use.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:47 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You're determined to prove that you know absolutely NOTHING about guns, gun laws or gun owners, aren't you? Typical anti gun nut. There are 350,000,000 guns in the US, 5-10 MILLION more every year, at least 80 MILLION gun owners, if common sense wasn't the rule there would be far more accidents and deaths than there are. To anyone not blinded by fear and determined to push an agenda it's obvious that gun owners are some of the safest and most responsible people in the country.

TVs falling kill more children every year than guns do, so obviously common sense and TV ownership don't go hand in hand, right? That's the standard you want to use.
You make a lot of assumptions, a lot of false assumptions. You are reading what you want to read rather than what I am actually writing because I said nothing about what you are commenting on.

Also, no, I am not an anti gun nut because I am fully supportive of the 2nd Amendment and my right to own a gun.

Though your post does touch on one thing, there is a lot of dumb people in this country and any one of those idiots can buy a gun with zero safety training.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
A 2-year-old boy who found a handgun inside his mother’s purse and accidentally shot himself in the abdomen is expected to survive, a DeKalb County police spokesman said Monday afternoon.

Helpful of the writer to make clear the 2-year-old's intentions in the shooting incident...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies