Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 02:29 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times

Advertisements

In the Netherlands a teacher tweeted that half his class was cheering when they learned about the Brussels attacks (muslim teenagers) and how difficult it is to teach and witnessing this and not able to say anything.

Shortly after the tweet he was called out of the class room by 3 police officers who told him not to tweet something like this as it can cause hate and issues. The teacher tweeted the entire ordeal and shared it with his full name on Facebook.

The PC is sick and it is helping the terrorist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
By why only build a wall along the border with Mexico? What about the border we share with Canada? No wall along the Canadian border would be like "like leaving the doors and windows of your house open at night".
Built a wall there too. The more wall around the border the better but only in places where it is needed.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:30 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
No WALL...is like leaving the doors and windows of your house open at night!
And visa over-stays is like leaving your front door open.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:42 PM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahhh, the paranoia of some people....I have been sleeping with unlocked doors and windows all 75 years my life...I'm still here and so is my stuff.
Lucky you. I've been burglarized 3 times in 20 years. Twice by illegals and once by a druggie, anchor kid. Thankfully they were all caught but now my place has to look like a fortress.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:53 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,246,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In the Netherlands a teacher tweeted that half his class was cheering when they learned about the Brussels attacks (muslim teenagers) and how difficult it is to teach and witnessing this and not able to say anything.

Shortly after the tweet he was called out of the class room by 3 police officers who told him not to tweet something like this as it can cause hate and issues. The teacher tweeted the entire ordeal and shared it with his full name on Facebook.
I don't believe you.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I don't believe you.
https://www.facebook.com/nlvaderland...type=3&theater

If can't understand itch don't worry as I basically already translated it in a previous post.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:24 PM

6,605 posts, read 4,986,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
The wall between Mexico and Guatemala is 577 miles in length, mostly through jungle areas. But it has only 125 men as guards... not nearly enough to actually do the job. Fix the manpower situation and the wall will do its job. It worked great on the border between San Diego and Tijuana. i know that because I lived 2 miles from the border there. That fence worked.
The point is a wall is literally stone age technology, i don't have a problem securing the border but a wall is a feel good waste of money. The most conservative estimates are in 12B+, it seems to me that they could put it out to bid and companies will come up with better solutions than a wall, for a fraction of the cost you could sling fiber across the border, build a self healing mesh that would allow you to place sensors, pressure plates etc.n

Old 03-22-2016, 08:46 PM

22,629 posts, read 24,486,042 times
I would say that putting a contiguous wall around the USA is not a logical or effective tactic.

Sure, we need to implement a strategy that stops as many as possible from illegally entering the USA. But remember, almost half of the people in the USA illegally, came here legally. The visa entry/exit tracking program should be refined, fully-implemented and enforced. People here illegally should not be able to do much of anything...work, government-bennies, licenses, etc, etc.

The many things that need to be done to severely limit illegals in the USA....will NEVER happen.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:02 PM

14,651 posts, read 14,572,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

The PC is sick and it is helping the terrorist!
That's the difference between Western Europe and the US. Countries like the Netherlands are great because of their openness as a society, but it's starting to bite them in the ass because as they welcome all people (Jews, Muslims, gays, etc), they open the door to those who are intolerant. It's also why terrorist groups, who may hate the US more, will attack European countries because they are less militant than we are.
These countries are going to have to reevaluate themselves, and decide whether they want to remain tolerant of intolerance. Same goes for liberals in the US (something Bill Maher has ranted about for awhile now)...if you don't defend free speech, tolerance and the rights of women and excuse it as "we have to respect their culture/religion", are you truly a progressive?

Old 03-22-2016, 09:18 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're sincere in your "security" theory, and it's not a racist diatribe.

When are you starting the wall along the 3000+ miles of Canadian border, and if not, why not?

When we start having millions of illegal aliens flooding our northern border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies