Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 05:21 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
We are in the age where everyone complains about everything. And it's really sad.
Really, it seems like one long whinging whine has become the new language of the U.S.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:35 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Lol, I'll remember this next time anyone tries to give liberals any grief over being oversensitive.
yep, score 10 thousand to one....in favor of liberal sensitivity.... give em hell!

yoga, meditation promotes the self, rather than God as the center.

That is the church's position and that is where the parents got their ideas.

Liberals pioneered the oversensitivity issue to a point where their concerns have become pathological. the schools have accepted the role of being the official social justice portals. Namaste, is the liberals suffering a 'verp' and it doesn't taste good the 2nd time its swallowed.

When peanut butter and jelly and the american flag on a T-shirt are declared offensive, the game is out of reach of the conservatives, even being a player.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:57 AM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Default Stop and think

Mindfulness?
De-stressing?
For six year olds?
How about Barney and Sesame Street and soccer at recess?
Fuzzy-headed liberal teachers need to leave their personal problems at home.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:55 AM

799 posts, read 708,242 times
A good first step. Now if we could just get the fake eco-religion banned. That would really rock the propagandists..errr....educational world wouldn't it?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:11 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
What does the Buddha have to do with yoga.
Did this person say they had anything to do with each other? It's like saying we should ban "Christianity and Islam".

Wait, what do they have to do with each other?

Anyway, while I'm an agnostic and liberal, I think the parents in this case are justified. We are talking about Hindu religious traditions here, regardless of how watered down and hippyfied they have been in the west. If you can't pray in school, how much different is meditation and chanting Hindu mantras?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:37 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Indeed. Which is why I cited the slippery slope for folks who only see things through narrow, ideological lenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Did this person say they had anything to do with each other? It's like saying we should ban "Christianity and Islam".

Wait, what do they have to do with each other?

Anyway, while I'm an agnostic and liberal, I think the parents in this case are justified. We are talking about Hindu religious traditions here, regardless of how watered down and hippyfied they have been in the west. If you can't pray in school, how much different is meditation and chanting Hindu mantras?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:42 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Indeed. Which is why I cited the slippery slope for folks who only see things through narrow, ideological lenses.

Buddhism and Hinduism in their watered down hippy states are "cool", "Hip", "alternative"...MAAAAAAAAAN. New age is cool.

Islam is tolerated because the people are brown and "oppressed", and right wing nut jobs hate Islam..it can't be all that bad if Sean Hannity hates it. .

Meanwhile all the things leftists hate about Christianity are magnified 100 times in Islam..sexism, homophobia, etc ad infinitum. I'm with Bill Maher on this one.

Christianity is so closed minded and un cool, MAAAAAAAAAANNNN. .

While I'm a leftist myself, the hypocrisy in this instance is pretty blatant.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:33 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Namaste is more associated as a Hindu greeting. At least that was my experience from a recent trip to India. Sensitive? Not when seen in context.

This conflict has to be seen in the context of the ACLU's and Atheist's constant legal actions against what are viewed as Christian 'practices', school prayer, displays of the 10 Commandments, and so forth. Separation of Church and state includes all religions. So, when invoked, it becomes a slippery slope.
Hindi/Sanskrit not Hindu...500 million Hindus who do not speak Hindi do not even give a hit about that word..They have their own languages..

Old 03-25-2016, 09:37 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,181 times
These pc, anti-yoga mom's could really use some yoga and mindfulness training. Ironic.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
yep, score 10 thousand to one....in favor of liberal sensitivity.... give em hell!

yoga, meditation promotes the self, rather than God as the center.

That is the church's position and that is where the parents got their ideas.

Liberals pioneered the oversensitivity issue to a point where their concerns have become pathological. the schools have accepted the role of being the official social justice portals. Namaste, is the liberals suffering a 'verp' and it doesn't taste good the 2nd time its swallowed.

When peanut butter and jelly and the american flag on a T-shirt are declared offensive, the game is out of reach of the conservatives, even being a player.
There are a bunch of more examples. You think this is the first place 'Christian parents' have thrown a hissy fit about something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies