Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:19 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Hey, don't change the subject, this is all about hating white Christian, Conservative, gun owners.
Most of them are Mormon fanatics.

So yeah - you're wrong again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 04:36 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
Remember, it's the GOVERNMENT estimating the cost, a private contractor could probably fix every thing for a couple of thousand dollars. But when you're using $250 hammers and $1000 saws the costs can add up pretty quickly. And why did law enforcement cost that much, weren't those officers already on the payroll ?

Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
When the occupation first began and they were calling on fellow "patriots" to come and join them, many responses they received were variations of, I would love to come but I have to wait for my disability check to arrive first, or I'll be there as soon as the government deposits my Social Security check into my bank account. Basically, yeah, I'll come help you overthrow the government right after I get my government welfare.
LOL ... now that's funny! Thanks!

Old 03-30-2016, 05:48 PM

497 posts, read 428,189 times
Another leader of the so called 'Patriot Movement' appears to have troubles practicing what he preaches:
Idaho patriot group leader filed bankruptcy after Malheur visit | Idaho Statesman
Quote:
Brandon Curtiss racked up debt of $235,000 after last declaring bankruptcy in 2009

Much of it was because of credit card bills and other consumer debt

He owes $68,549 to a Portland couple who had them manage their rentals; they have not “seen a dime”
Seems that Mr Curtiss is seeking the protection of the evil federal government to protect him from his creditors for the third time. Maybe he should be working in Idaho as opposed to spending his time camped out in Oregon.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Another one out of money, glad the state isn't defending him.

Quote:
Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer, facing criminal investigation and possible action against his police certificate, Tuesday moved to set up a legal defense fund.
Such a fund, which requires state approval, would allow Palmer to take contributions for attorneys and other costs.
Palmer is the target of 10 complaints filed with the state Department of Public Safety Standards and Training. They accuse Palmer of violating standards for police officers in his dealings with self-described militia members. One complaint said his conduct put the safety of his rural county in jeopardy.
During the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Palmer gained adulation from some in the self-described militia and patriot movement for declaring that authorities would have to concede to some of the demands of the armed militants. Palmer also twice met with militants while the occupation was under way and was scheduled to speak at a John Day community meeting where occupation leader Ammon Bundy and others were to appear.

Oregon standoff: Grant County sheriff facing investigation pursues legal defense fund | OregonLive.com

Old 03-31-2016, 09:34 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The wheels grind slowly, but exceedingly fine...

Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Let's do the same for any BLM rioters that destroy property and then maybe this can be taken seriously.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:47 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Let's do the same for any BLM rioters that destroy property and then maybe this can be taken seriously.
Some BLM protestors were arrested, it was quite different. I don't believe they took over government buildings and vehicles with guns and desecrated indian burial grounds but there was a cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies