Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 10:57 PM

32,877 posts, read 12,147,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said i personally choose not to have children because i knew i would be a better uncle than i would a father.
One of the reasons for me as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 11:15 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,949,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

It's pretty apparent from his first paragraph that the OP has Mommy issues which has colored his view on having children.

I love how a feminist woman who was raped would NEVER be said to "just have man issues," but a child-free man like me who was beaten and neglected by his mother can be written off as having "mommy issues."

Yep, because moms are such awesome people: Breaking the Science: 71% of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers; 60% of Victims are Boys

Bovines are bovines. Simple as that. If said bovine is one of the "good ones" that don't abuse their kids, at least said fat piece of filth can pay her own way.

And yes, I am anti-mom and have a general dislike of women who reproduce. And no, I will not apologize. Those crazy hamster brained imbeciles do not deserve anything but my scorn and spare me, SPARE ME the "not all moms" argument.

If feminist can roll their eyes at "not all men" and black lives matter buffoons get a pass for snickering at "all lives matter," than I can get away with vomiting at anyone who suggests that "loving mothers" do exist. I don't like bovines, never did and never will. I just happened to learn the truth about those things from the ape that pushed me out.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:21 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,295,230 times
While I've made many, mistakes, far and away the best decision I ever made was NOT having children. I'm not exaggerating at all in stating that I would sooner put a shotgun in my mouth than enter into the 20+ year responsibility of becoming a parent.

It's not that I don't like kids, I actually do, it's just too much responsibility, stress, and expense. Why make myself miserable for the sake of replicating my genes? I don't understand the appeal of having children; it baffles me.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Apparently, I'm a bovine. In the spirit of this thread only, I'll refer to childless people as jackasses or donkeys.

As a bovine, I'll have to say, some time in the past, I had the choice to live life as a donkey, but alas, the donkey life was not for me. I'm a bovine. I had this inner urge to find my own bull and have my own calves. We make our own fun playing cow games. I don't stand at the fence gazing into some donkey's yard filled with weed thinking "Hay! I want some of that to smoke." Neither do I get my jollies drinking at the trough with donkeys. I pretty much hang out with my herd. If life throws some clover my way, I amble over and eat some because I'm in my own field and it's one of the perks. As I stand around chewing my cud, I think about how lucky I am to have my own field and and my own herd. I also think about how unfortunate it is that the donkey is standing alone over in his field with no clover and no one to eat it with.

Donkeys and such do breed. I believe you are referring to mules, which are quite intelligent.

And I read your post the way a rape victim would read the post by a man being a rapist apologist. You don't impress me. Now go back to beating your children (you know you do) and blaming society for your issues.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Exactly, you are dependent on someone-else's kids to attend to your old age needs. Kids/the next generation are indispensable to society and society should support that through tax breaks and free education (taxpayer funded education is in most state constitutions).
I will not live past 70. If I get to 71, time to cash in my chips myself.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Waking up at 1pm, smoking some pot and going to a bar and sitting by yourself.
Yes, and I am AN INTROVERT. I very easily get fed up with the company of humans and hence I often prefer to be alone. If I had a child I would be forced to spend almost every single day with another human being...

No bovine or father can ever really be an introvert. It's just me and my cat most days and I like it like that.

Quote:
Do you envy the homeless because they don't have bills?
They have no bills but lack the comforts of a home. Hence, no envy.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:09 AM

30,148 posts, read 23,535,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Great stuff

Me too . . . I didn't ask for it, my Son was an "UH Oh, wTf?!?!?"
I was much like the OP.
Drink every night, smoke dope, do all the stuff people in their early 20's do, excessively.
After talking myself out of jumping off the nearest bridge, it was time to grow up, learn responsibility. I was a single Dad, so two people had to grow up. In the end, I became a better person. If there was no "uh oh" moment, I would probably be like the people I feel sorry for now . . . Almost 60 years old and still hanging out in bars and acting like its 1980. No thanks . . .
Not all people who don't have kids hang out at bars and smoke dope. Give me a break.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:25 AM

32,877 posts, read 12,147,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I have no issue with paying taxes to support the disabled and the elderly but I still have to question where are their parents?
In the case of the elderly, their parents are probably dead.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:20 AM

316 posts, read 213,289 times
A few things without having read all these comments:
There's difference between child -free and childless.
Childless/ child-free people are not less empathetic.
We aren't always lonely chewing clover in our own field. Parents can be lonely people.
Kids aren't guaranteed to be there for you in old age. Visit your local nursing home. Having kids to be there for you in your old age is shallow.
Kids don't pay for your social security.
I am glad your kids fulfill you and you are happy being a parent spending $$ for college trips etc on them but dont think for one second a child-free/ childless person is never fulfilled.
Kids don't make a family.
Too many people have kids without thinking because it's seen as normal progression..It's why so many kids end up in foster care, abused neglected. I've read insulting comments toward child-free as the other way. The OP has every right in the world to speak their mind. And I would much rather common sense be used in such decisions.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:16 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,509,014 times
My fiancé and I are DINKS (Dual incomes, no kids) by choice and wouldn't have it any other way. The freedom to pick up and go when we please. The 4 vacations a year. The spontaneous wknd getaways. The ability to make dinner plans last minute without worrying about a sitter. Most importantly.....the financial freedom to do what we want rather than having to constantly worry about childcare costs.

Now I'm not knocking those with children. All I'm saying is that children don't fit into our lifestyle and we prefer it this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies