Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:19 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Ignorance is also blaming Mrs. Obama for a program that was in the works well before she and her husband ever set foot in the White House and having no idea that the program had full bipartisan support in the Senate.
She is perpetuating the ignorance as are you. Feeding your children is your responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 12:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
She is perpetuating the ignorance as are you. Feeding your children is your responsibility.
The phrase you're looking for is "perpetuating irresponsibility." Ignorance is a lack of knowledge or information. A person who takes advantage of a program benefiting children of low-income families is not lacking knowledge or information. Finding such a program offensive is something else entirely. BTW, I never indicated whether or not I supported the Heathy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. I simply shared the facts about its origin and who administers it. Hint: not Mrs. Obama.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:29 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The phrase you're looking for is "perpetuating irresponsibility." Ignorance is a lack of knowledge or information. A person who takes advantage of a program benefiting children of low-income families is not lacking knowledge or information. Finding such a program offensive is something else entirely. BTW, I never indicated whether or not I supported the Heathy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. I simply shared the facts about its origin and who administers it. Hint: not Mrs. Obama.
No I'm correct. It's ignorance of the constitution which does not authorize schemes to feed school children

Old 04-25-2016, 04:47 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Thought this might have been a legitimate story until I read it, I then read the "about" section on the publishing site and read this "The Washington Free Beacon is a privately owned, for-profit online newspaper". Seems to be just another conservative online rag with no journalism legitimacy.

Reading the opinions of main stream media on Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wa...on_Free_Beacon The New York Times described the Free Beacon's reporting as "gleeful evisceration."[7] However, its tactics have also led to attacks from media critics and watchdog groups. The Atlantic's Conor Friedersdorf called the Free Beacon's stated mission "decadent and unethical."[8] Media Matters for America founder David Brock sent a letter to news organizations in 2014 saying, "If credible media outlets regard the unethical practices of The Free Beacon as valid, all of journalism will be debased."

Sort of like reading about an alien baby being born in the Enquirer....

Old 04-25-2016, 04:56 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Feds to Fine Schools For Not Following Obama

Now that some schools have backed out of Michelle's program, they're now going to threaten fines to enforce her draconian rules.

Obama, punishing Americans to the best of his ability since 2009.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:39 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yet just a couple of days ago, she responded to a child's question by saying that pizza and fries were her favorite foods--and hands down!

So much for arugula.
Maybe she puts arugula on her pizza next to the anchovies.

In the grocery store checkout, I picked up a National Inquirer (or one of the similar rags). It said Mrs. Obama was going to have some "work" done to reduce the size of her butt (showed some unflattering rear view pictures), and that she'd already had some done to "tuck" her tummy. Don't know if it's true or not, nor do I care. Just something I read in passing. If it is true, it does seem a bit hypocritical, though.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Maybe she puts arugula on her pizza next to the anchovies.

In the grocery store checkout, I picked up a National Inquirer (or one of the similar rags). It said Mrs. Obama was going to have some "work" done to reduce the size of her butt (showed some unflattering rear view pictures), and that she'd already had some done to "tuck" her tummy. Don't know if it's true or not, nor do I care. Just something I read in passing. If it is true, it does seem a bit hypocritical, though.
National Enquirer? Seriously? Wow.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:03 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
FWIW, there are many thing about O that pizz me off. I did vote for him the first time, but his early on appointments verified he is just one more politician standing up for the status quo.

I am neither defending O or his wife. Don't give a durn about either. I am on my broom defending feeding kids nutritious meals. As we all should.

Where did this program originate?

I agree with you crone, we SHOULD be fussy about what our children eat. I don't let my son have soda and I strictly limit the candy. I also watch the fried stuff and processed food. Michelle Obama, had very good intentions with the school lunch program. It's not only the calories that you have to watch its the chemicals that are put into food. I'm not a fan of Bloomberg, but when he wanted to regulate the size of a soda I thought it was a good thing. We need more regulation on food, especially childrens'. For those that say "we should be able to eat what we want and feed our children what we want" my argument is look at how fat Americans are compared to the rest of the world. Also, look at the numbers of childhood obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:06 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Feds to Fine Schools For Not Following Obama

Now that some schools have backed out of Michelle's program, they're now going to threaten fines to enforce her draconian rules.
Sounds like a Supreme Court lawsuit... the Federal Government cannot force states to accept Medicaid expansion... they also cannot force schools to serve lunch based on their standards or be penalized... seems pretty simple...

Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I agree with you crone, we SHOULD be fussy about what our children eat. I don't let my son have soda and I strictly limit the candy. I also watch the fried stuff and processed food. Michelle Obama, had very good intentions with the school lunch program. It's not only the calories that you have to watch its the chemicals that are put into food. I'm not a fan of Bloomberg, but when he wanted to regulate the size of a soda I thought it was a good thing. We need more regulation on food, especially childrens'. For those that say "we should be able to eat what we want and feed our children what we want" my argument is look at how fat Americans are compared to the rest of the world. Also, look at the numbers of childhood obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
All those childhood ailments are from BAD PARENTING! Stop giving them everything they want, all the electronic devices all the crap food and MAKE them go outside and play, you know burn those calories. Feed them proper meals and stop being lazy. It's the parent's fault, not everyone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies