Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 AM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times

Advertisements

Love your question. My guess is that he's doing things, or going to extremes, beyond any "normal" candidate:

1. There's an insufferable arrogance of his barging in with absolutely no political experience, especially as his track record as a businessman hasn't been that good.

2. Although all politicians make inflated claims, his constant declarations that he's the best would grate on any sane person.

3. I may consider other politician deplorable or blind in their attitudes, but Trump displays a level of ignorance that probably even outdoes Sarah Palin's.

4. Other politicians propose policies that are, at heart, mean-spirited, but Trump's personal attacks are beyond anything I can recall, and have no basic in any political facts; they're usually personal insults.

I think most candidates are pretty clear in their agendas; they just use a conventional veneer in their language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 10:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And then he follows up his ridicule of a man who withstood five years of torture as a "loser" by emphasizing that if he was president, he would use torture without a second thought, stating his intention to reinstate techniques that are "so much worse" and "so much stronger" than waterboarding, because "torture works."

This statement alone should disqualify Trump from the presidency, as it goes against not only the Geneva Conventions, but against everything this country is supposed to stand for. Americans were outraged by Abu Ghraib, and Trump is telling us he would re-institute that, and worse, if he had the chance. And the Trumpettes cheer.
Not to mention killing innocent family members of terrorist suspects.

There are even mafias that refuse to do that on principle, supposedly.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 03-31-2016 at 11:20 AM..

Old 03-31-2016, 10:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Not to mention killing innocent family members of terrorist suspects.

There are even mafias that refuse to do that on principle.
You've been watching to many movies.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:12 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
let me first say I am not a Trump voter. I voted for Cruz because I live in Texas. I would have voted for Rubio in FL or Kashic in OH.

That being said, there are some shots at Trump that I agree with and some that aren't valid.

I don't like Trump because one of my big issues with Obama is his willingness to go beyond the limits of the constitution and act on his own. I think Trump will do the same thing. That's a big issue for me.

Now on some of the unfair hits....

Someone said they didn't like his comments about John McCain. Well I am a veteran of Desert Storm. I get to speak from that voice. Trump said what he said after McCain insulted everyone that went to a Trump Rally.... There were a lot of vets there.

Trump gave back a bit better than McCain dished out but Trump didn't start it and that isn't a valid argument.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:26 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't recall the other candidates blatantly disrespecting veterans the way Drumpf did.
I haven`t seen any other candidates mocking the handicapped either. How can these people not see the difference between Trump and real human beings?

Old 03-31-2016, 11:30 AM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
My 67 year old husband is a life long Republican, Vet, and former New Yorker. He voted for Rubio. Both of us have heard Trump for decades living in NY.

My husband just shakes his head at what Trumps says. Trump says what he thinks and feels? He speaks perhaps not as a politician would, but as a powerful in charge businessman? Can a Political Candidate afford to do that? Worse, can a sitting President of the USA afford to speak the way Trump does to the heads of state of foreign countries? Alienate our Allies as Trump has, and continues, to alienate half of the population of the USA; women. Once you say something you cannot erase it. Keep clarifying every statement you make?

I get the impression that the country is starting to feel anybody BUT Trump vote.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:35 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
It's not that people rip on him so much, he had it coming. But the fact that people aren't JUST AS angry over the other politicians, who are just as slimy and corrupt. I'm not voting for the man, but Trump wears his emotions on his sleeve. I am more worried, however, by the politicians who hide their agendas in their underpants.

They are, it's just that the media runs with Trump 24/7 so he's getting all the attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Free speech is only Free if you agree with the liberal lunatic left.

You got your bash in on liberals. Congrats.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I haven`t seen any other candidates mocking the handicapped either. How can these people not see the difference between Trump and real human beings?
Or talking about women "bleeding from everywhere..."
And yet he gets away with it.

It's mind-boggling.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:41 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Regarding Trumps comments about John McCain, let's be clear on a couple things.

John McCain's War Record:

On October 26, 1967, McCain was flying his twenty-third mission, part of a twenty-plane strike force against the Yen Phu thermal power plant in central Hanoi that previously had almost always been off-limits to U.S. raids due to the possibility of collateral damage. Arriving just before noon, McCain dove from 9,000 to 4,000 feet on his approach; as he neared the target, warning systems in McCain's A-4E Skyhawk alerted him that he was being tracked by enemy fire-control radar. Like other U.S. pilots in similar situations, he did not break off the bombing run, and he held his dive until he released his bombs at about 3,500 feet (1,000 m). As he started to pull up, the Skyhawk's wing was blown off by a Soviet-made SA-2 anti-aircraft missile fired by the North Vietnamese Air Defense Command's 61st Battalion, commanded by Captain Nguyen Lan and with fire control officer Lieutenant Nguyen Xuan Dai. (McCain was later awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for this day, while Nguyen Xuan Dai was awarded the title Hero of the People's Armed Forces.Decades later, Soviet Army Lieutenant Yuri Trushechkin claimed that he had been the missile guidance officer who had shot McCain down.

In March 1968, McCain was put into solitary confinement, where he remained for two years. Unknown to the POWs, in April 1968, Jack McCain was named Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Command (CINCPAC) effective in July, stationed in Honolulu and commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater. In mid-June, Major Bai, commander of the North Vietnamese prison camp system, offered McCain a chance to return home early. The North Vietnamese wanted to score a worldwide propaganda coup by appearing merciful, and also wanted to show other POWs that members of the elite like McCain were willing to be treated preferentially. McCain turned down the offer of release, due to the POWs' "first in, first out" interpretation of the U.S. Code of Conduct: he would only accept the offer if every man captured before him was released as well. McCain's refusal to be released was remarked upon by North Vietnamese senior negotiator Lê Đức Thọ to U.S. envoy Averell Harriman, during the ongoing Paris Peace Talks. Enraged by his declining of the offer, Bai and his assistant told McCain that things would get very bad for him.

In late August 1968, a program of vigorous torture methods began on McCain. The North Vietnamese used rope bindings to put him into prolonged, painful positions and severely beat him every two hours, all while he was suffering from dysentery. His right leg was reinjured, his ribs were cracked, some teeth were broken at the gumline, and his left arm was re-fractured.

Donald Trump's war record:

A few weeks after his 22nd birthday, Donald Trump received a notice from the federal government. On July 9, 1968, his local draft board had scrawled a “1A” beside his name in its handwritten ledger, classifying him as available for unrestricted military service.

For the previous four years, Trump had avoided the draft — and the possibility of being sent to fight in the Vietnam War — by obtaining four separate deferments so he could study at Fordham University and the University of Pennsylvania. With his diploma in hand and his college days over, he was suddenly vulnerable to conscription.

Trump’s exposure to the draft, however, didn’t last long. Two months later, on Sept. 17, 1968, he reported for an armed forces physical examination and was medically disqualified, according to the ledger from his local Selective Service System draft board in Jamaica, N.Y., now in the custody of the National Archives.

The ledger does not detail why Trump failed the exam — the Selective Service destroyed all medical records and individual files after the draft ended in 1973 and the military converted to an all-volunteer force.

In recent days, Trump, a Republican presidential candidate, and his campaign have said that he received the medical deferment because he had bone spurs in his feet. But rather than clear up all questions about why he did not serve in the military during the Vietnam era, they have given shifting accounts that are at odds with the few remaining documents in his Selective Service file.

Trump has given limited information about the nature of his medical ailment from 1968 that left him classified as “1-Y,” or unqualified for duty except in the case of a national emergency.

On Saturday, during a campaign stop in Iowa, Trump said he had a bone spur in his foot but couldn’t recall which one.

Pressed for details, he told reporters to research his draft records. “You’ll have to look it up,” he said. Later that day, his campaign issued a statement saying he had bone spurs in both of his heels.

For Trump to condescend a decorated war hero like McCain while proving himself to be a yellow-bellied coward is enough to to not only deserve the criticism that is constantly heaped on him, but also shows beyond a doubt that he has no business acting as Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces. I honestly cannot fathom how people could be so daft as to be duped by this shyster.

I agree......but quite a few people think the U.S. Military is a symbol of what is wrong in the world.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
Oh look, another bash Trump thread by Trump deniers.
Go to a bash Hitlery thread. Just two mouse clicks away.

Personally I think they both suck. Need a Webb/ Kasich or Kasich/ Webb independent run. I think it would win.

I can't think of another Prez election where the two likely nominees had such an unfavorable rating with the public. Trump was about the only major Republican candidate who will certainly get beat by Hitlery. His protectionist crap would start a worldwide recession if congress supported him. If they pointed a gun to my head and forced me to vote for someone I label Hitlery or Trump it would be a tough decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies