Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 03:28 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

.02 from me

I think SOME (NOT ALL) liberals hate on white men is that they think the success that a white man achieves isn't his to own. Example, white privilege.

This country is divided by class, not much by race. The media’s preferred description of the average Republican voter has often been “the angry white male.” This was simplistic and meant to be pejorative.

According to this article,

We are conditioned by the media to be obsessed with race, when class is an increasingly important divider. (No one ever earnestly says on a cable-TV show that we need to have “a conversation about class in America.”)

The class divide among whites shows up again and again on questions about the fairness of the country.

Behind the ‘angry’ voters: the crisis of America’s working class | New York Post

I can understand why white working class males feel left out. Even in the military, media constantly tells the public, who joins the military? poor, women and minority? They want to make you believe that even if solid middle or upper middle class white guys join the military, they join as officers. Fact is military is full of enlisted white country boys who just want a good future.

I'd say white working class males anger is middle class' anger. Nothing more, nothing less.

add

Globalization is an experimental process that produces a host of political problems because the process of “creative destruction” continually upsets the status quo. Incentives matter: if people can get rich by creating wealth, we are better off for it. However, if they can get rich by redistributing wealth, we are worse off for it.

I am not suggesting globalization is a bad thing, but increasing globalization creates “winner-take-all” markets for cultural outputs. Not a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 03:44 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well guess what: we aren't all that happy with what white males have done with their votes either. So the feeling is mutual. Too bad.

Blacks and females have joined forces to take what white males have earned? Gimme a break. If someone takes anything from you, then it's your fault for being too soft to keep it. No one is taking a damn thing from me if i earned it. If you can't hold onto what's yours, that's your problem.

And immigration policies? LMAO...don't make me laugh.

We've got all of these illegal immigrants because WHITE MALES in corporate America and their political hacks in Washington wanted them here for the cheap labor. Who do you think recruited these people? Blacks? Women? Asians? Indians? Gimme a break. If white males didn't want them here, they'd have never been here.

White males are not a majority, so what we do with our votes is more symbolic than relevant.

Women are the voting majority and they are joined at the political hip with blacks to form a super-majority.

As for wealthy white males, working-class white males have little in common with the 0.01% who want to slash wages by bringing in millions of low-wage workers.

What is taken from me is taken before I ever see it, so there is no opportunity to keep it.

FTR, your defense of the reining Kleptocracy is expected, short-sighted and duly noted.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:05 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
I was a Republican for many years, until I realized I was actively supporting everything that I didn't like about this country: bigotry, inequality, erosion of civil rights, the weakening of unions, a lopsided economy, and far too much religion in politics.

The Democratic Party might not be perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than the Republicians.
(At least until we can develop a functioning multiparty system in the US )

Old 04-01-2016, 04:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Why would any white male adult be a liberal?

Because the sad alternative would be joining the hypocrites who claim to favor less government interference in our lives and less government spending yet continually vote for more government interference in our lives and to spend like drunken sailors whenever it suits their agenda.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:13 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
Liberal ideology is supported by many white men but the Demoncrap party was abducted by white male hating mob of minorities and Feministas that wants to destroy the white male and is engaged actively in that pursuit....that pretty much is why I've changed from a Democrat to Republican/Libertarian.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:18 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
Oh, I don't know ... maybe because they have brains and use them ...

Old 04-01-2016, 05:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:

Low T?

Old 04-01-2016, 06:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:

Regression to childhood by vacating reason and individual responsibility.

Winston Churhill was right.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:17 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Well, this adult white liberal upper middle class male knows without a shadow of a doubt that the Democratic party is better for my interests and the world's than the other option.

I am not informed by candidate speeches or media talking heads. I am informed by non-partisan, scientific sources, world travel, personal experience, and the Christian and Constitutional belief that all men are created equal.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:28 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:

I think it's basically the concept of white guilt or the self loathing that affects liberals.
It's the same dynamic that Bernie Sanders let the women from Black Lives Matter rush the stage and when he was asked if "all lives matter" or "black lives matter" at one of his rallies, the he said black lives matter.

They are ashamed of themselves for the skin color and race and their "white privilege" or perhaps even "male privilege" compared to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies