Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 08:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
No, elections are about maintaining the democratic base with a perpetual welfare class that gets promised free stuff every election cycle so long as they vote democrat.

They are about playing the race card and creating divisions instead of empowering minorities.

They are about pandering to illegal immigrants and spitting in the faces of all those in the past and present who have waited in line, played by the rules and came here legally.

They are about political correctness replacing common sense and creating an environment where everyone is supposed to walk on eggshells to not offend the perpetually offended.

They are about liberal run universities being co-opted by social justice warriors who demand safe spaces and freak out if someone writes the name of a presidential candidate they don't like in chalk.

They are about opening the door wide open to muslim immigrants who can't be properly vetted, even after seeing what is happening currently in Europe with their very liberal immigration polices.

That's a very poorly presented little screed, if you could call it that. More like regurgitated Limbaugh lunacy.

On a scale of 10, it gets a 2.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 08:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
I honestly think DiCaprio and his ilk think that the climate advocacy they do offsets the carbon they burn
That they are doing more good by preaching the climate gospel to as many people who will listen by the use of their celebrity status. I happen to think that is complete arrogance and hubris though and he would have a bigger impact if he walked the walk more like Ed Begley Jr has been doing for years.
DiCaprio & "his ilk" educate the ignorants who thumb their nose at science. That's more admirable in my book than the ignorants who deny deny deny & refuse to do anything whatsoever to help make the planet a better place. Education, it's a good thing.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:21 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If the shoe fits...

You can complete the thought.

Plenty is still less than a majority.

A Deep Dive Into Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center

BTW, I'm a white male. And a senior citizen. I was a Republican for a long time. The bogus invasion of Iraq woke me up, though. Now I vote against Republicans and will continue to do so until they separate themselves from the angry ignorant religious right.

So you've never defended democrats like the Clinton's, Albright, Biden, etc.?

Your memory only seems to start in Jan. Of 2001...

Old 04-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
DiCaprio & "his ilk" educate the ignorants who thumb their nose at science. That's more admirable in my book than the ignorants who deny deny deny & refuse to do anything whatsoever to help make the planet a better place. Education, it's a good thing.

You're learning from a GED student? How much are you learning? Is he teaching you science? Are you learning how to accept and thrive under white privilege?

Lol

Old 04-04-2016, 09:25 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
That's a very poorly presented little screed, if you could call it that. More like regurgitated Limbaugh lunacy.

On a scale of 10, it gets a 2.

Sorry but I've never listened to Limbaugh and I'm not a right-winger.
Fun fact: just because someone is anti-liberal, it does not automatically follow that they are conservative.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:26 AM

Default Why would any white male adult be a liberal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So you've never defended democrats like the Clinton's, Albright, Biden, etc.?
Don't take my word on it.

Do a search.

Quote:
Your memory only seems to start in Jan. Of 2001...
Two things...

1) Why are your trying to make this thread about me? Even though my sparkling wit is fascinating.

2) Are your misconceptions always this wrong?

Old 04-04-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Sorry but I've never listened to Limbaugh and I'm not a right-winger.
Good for you.

No need for sorrow.

Quote:
Fun fact: just because someone is anti-liberal, it does not automatically follow that they are conservative.

And someone who opposes the GOP's tight embrace of the radically ignorant religious right isn't necessarily a liberal.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

DiCaprio is "educating" people in science, lol?
Thanks for the most ridiculous post of the day and a good laugh

DiCaprio can't get over that chinook! | Columnists | Opinion | Edmonton Sun
DiCaprio's Oscar speech cringe-worthy for some advocates of climate-change action - Calgary - CBC News

Old 04-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
And someone who opposes the GOP's tight embrace of the radically ignorant religious right isn't necessarily a liberal.
Fair enough.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Don't take my word on it.

Do a search.

Two things...

1) Why are your trying to make this thread about me? Even though my sparkling wit is fascinating.

2) Are your misconceptions always this wrong?

Those are important facts considering your claim of switching parties because of the "Iraq War" and republicans.

Trust me, the thread isn't about you nor would I try to make it about you. That's a pretty common behavioral flaw of authoritarians, though. They always think everything is about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies