Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 03:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
It is long past time for the muslim menace to either go home voluntarily or to be delivered. This is not a muslim country and so far as I'm concerned they are not welcome here. They are going to try to kill us all and our government is too traitorous and stupid to see it.
Who says that they aren't welcome here? You? That doesn't count. Not to mention that a hell of a lot of people converted to Islam in this country that were born to Christian parents.

No, this isn't a Muslim country. It's a secular country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Prayer was never banned from school, It just couldnt be forced on students by the school administration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All Americans can pray in school. There has never been a ban on school prayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Why do you care? The ruling removed the "requirement" to participate. If another group wanted similar treatment they'd likely get it. One of the fundamental tenets of Islam is five periods of prayer. Last time I checked, that's not a requirement for Christian or Jewish faiths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems to me that for a Christian the entire school would be a prayer area.

Seems to me you're purchasing religious paraphernalia through your federal government to appease religious activities in school (so long as it's not Christian).

So you're telling me you would be cool with 5 times a day students getting up in the middle of class to go read a bible in a vacated room (you pay for) provided to them by the school board which receives federal and local funds through taxation of your income?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:28 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logica View Post
Middle-to-left-leaning atheist here. It absolutely bothers me, and I'll tell you why. If we make accommodation for one religion, we must make accommodation for all. If the areas in question that have been set aside are available ONLY to Muslim students, then that goes against the Constitution. However, if those areas are accessible for other students to use as prayer space, meditation space, quiet space, or even nose-picking space, then there is no violation of the constitution. Students are allowed to pray during the school day. They simply can't be shown favoritism when they do so, nor can teachers join them or encourage them to pray, and they can't be given exclusive spaces not accessible by those who don't share their particular imaginary friend.

And when students start cutting off infidels heads?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:48 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Coming from this "Liberal" I don't think ANY religion should get any special treatment, if the student wants to pray then fine, but no special areas.

Prayer itself was NEVER banned in public schools, only FORCED school led prayer was...

Old 04-02-2016, 10:17 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Seems to me you're purchasing religious paraphernalia through your federal government to appease religious activities in school (so long as it's not Christian).

So you're telling me you would be cool with 5 times a day students getting up in the middle of class to go read a bible in a vacated room (you pay for) provided to them by the school board which receives federal and local funds through taxation of your income?
They can't even stand calling that 2 week vacation at the end of December Christmas Vacation anymore, it has to be "mid winter break" now. As long as it's anti Christian, anti traditional American they're all for it.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:20 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
IIRC, our founding documents say that the government cannot make you practice a religion or keep from practicing your religion.

Could the need for prayer 5 times a day fall under keeping you from?

That is why the congress and the military have chaplains.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not to mention that a hell of a lot of people converted to Islam in this country that were born to Christian parents.
After spending a lot of time in jail.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:09 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
They can't even stand calling that 2 week vacation at the end of December Christmas Vacation anymore, it has to be "mid winter break" now. As long as it's anti Christian, anti traditional American they're all for it.
When was it called christmas vacation?

Old 04-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
A cultural mismatch. Somethings gonna give eventually.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:23 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And when students start cutting off infidels heads?
Most schools have disciplinary procedures already in place to handle exactly that potential unfortunate event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies