Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 04:26 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well whoever owns the RV park should decide who gains admittance.
For what it's worth, if they were paying on time and didn't create a disturbance, ownership probably just penalized itself in getting rid of good reliable tenants.

Totally illegal-- and if his church won't have it--- they on their way to Hades- wonder what the name of that church is-- I would expose them ALL - I would be there with my video camera Sun morn asking what is it they teach - this is SICK

Old 04-04-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Did you happen to read this part of the article?

when you find that fact ( other reasons-- then let us know- but she quoted him as the reason was their mix marriage-- HE can send a rebuttal--

Old 04-04-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. It sounds to me this couple are decent people, not trash.
do not worry dear family-- soon be owning that land--

Old 04-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes instead we discriminate against property owners.

explain this one?

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
do not worry dear family-- soon be owning that land--
Let's not get carried away.

Frankly, they should be glad to get away from the 'neck crowd anyway.

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Unless they have something else against the couple, that's a court case that the property owner will lose. Just bear in mind that this is only telling one side of the story. It's possible that they're being evicted because of completely different reasons and the couple is pulling the race card after the fact.
Did you actually read the article?

The family hadn't moved in yet. The wife (white) had gone in to rent land in the trailer park and the owner accepted the money and even gave the woman a hug and invited her to church. The next day, the owner called the wife complaining about how she didn't sound like someone who would be shacking up with a black man. She said they were married and the owner said it didn't matter - his church wouldn't like it. IN THE ARTICLE YOU ARE COMMENTING ON he acknowledges that he only changed his mind because they were an interracial couple. They hadn't lived there at all to cause problems.

Meanwhile, the husband is military.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:53 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times
I was willing to give the owner the benefit of the doubt. I live in a trailer park and some tenants who have been evicted have claimed racism when the reason for the eviction included not paying monthly rent, not maintaining property according to rent agreement, frequent police visits to lot, and other problems. One time two black families on separate lots were evicted at the same time. They too claimed racism. Manager had a long list of infractions, written warnings, and lastly their sons of the two families were caught vandalizing homes and committing acts of theft.

But when I read the story I agree this guy is a jerk and the couple should be thankful to not have to deal with him ever again.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Lucky for the property owner the religious freedom law passed in Mississippi. All he has to do is claim that interracial marriage is a violation of his beliefs.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Did any of you read all the way to the end of the article?

Quote:
Asked if he would rent the RV space if another interracial couple showed up, he replied, “I’m closing it down, and that solves the problem.”
All the carrying on in these posts about what's going to happen to the guy doesn't matter. He's getting rid of it.

Why would any of them want to live in such a stifling place anyway? If that's the kind of neighborhood you get for $275 a month, then the $325, while it may be harder to afford, is definitely going to be better for their health. Those types of people don't just complain about skin color, they complain about EVERYTHING.

I do have a question:

Would you rather know that someone despises you than have to guess or figure it out later?

(It does not matter 'why' someone despises you, the question is a simple one.)

I'd rather know, upfront, if someone despises me for whatever reason. Don't like my gender, don't like my heritage, don't like the way I look, don't like my car choices, don't like my clothing...I don't care what they think, but by all means, be upfront about it so I don't waste a second more of my day on you.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Frank is correct. A business owner should be treated no differently than a homeowner. You should not have to give up the right of association when you go into business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies