Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 04:02 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

Just ask the Chinese to rid the planet of this pestilence. After all the North Koreans could attack china with nuclear weapons carried on leaky fishing boats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Is it even possible to tell what's satire any more?

Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
There are people suffering in North Korea in their gulags! It will not be a trillion dollar national building failure, because these people are not Islamists who are willing to blow themselves up to become martyrs. Geez it feels like I'm speaking to a wall sometimes on CD. People, listen! The vast majority of North Koreans have no allegiance to the Workers Party to any extent beyond doing what they're told so they're not shipped off to a gulag. Once fat boy is removed from power and his inner circle is shipped off for human rights trials, they will switch their allegiance to the US immediately. It would be an in and out job, not like some quagmire in the middle east. It's called a long term investment. We build the nation, and then they pay us a consulting fee to fix their country and protect them.
Describe just one other event like you propose that actually worked without costing you thousands of your young and trillions of dollars.

You do realize you've just described your failed foray into Vietnam right AFTER your failed foray into Korea don't you. Assuming a countries populace has no allegiance to it's leaders and will welcome you with open arms hasn't worked since the liberation of Holland. Even the Kuwaitis, whom you rescued from Iraqi occupation couldn't wait to be rid of you.

How many more of your veterans struggling with missing limbs will it take before you grow up?

Give this military bellicosity crappola a rest for at least a decade can't you?

Old 04-04-2016, 04:23 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,065 times
Wow. I don't know which of OP's posts to quote. They're all so... uninformed.

Let's start with your source. If you are basing your thread on a UK Mirror article, please withdraw your employment application to the CIA - forthwith.

I'm pretty sure you've never been to Korea (either one of them), let alone lived there long enough to know their culture. Please Google 'juche' and 'arduous path' as used by Kim's grandfather and father, respectively. Hint: One is a domestic policy and the other is a code word. (The new policy is to be announced next month at the Party Congress, and my spies tell me that it will be some sort of two-pronged pathway - one of which is a return to the 'arduous path' and the second is a redoubled effort concerning nuclear ICBM development.)

You speak passionately about gulags (by using exclamation points). Do you even know what DPRK's one generation up/one generation down rule is with respect to political prisoners? You better learn before you start talking about refugees and resettlement.

Do you know what DPRK's geopolitical position is in the eyes of the PRC? If you don't, you probably don't want to advocate sending a SEAL team (or anyone else) in to decapitate the government. You will find yourself looking at an entirely new enemy in about an hour and a half.

Do you know how many of the DPRK's top leadership desperately want Kim's job? Most of them. And they don't all live in the same place. One of the real fears that Korea watchers have is that, like his father (Kim Jong Il), Kim Jong Un has engaged in a tremendously unhealthy lifestyle. He's gained 70 pounds in one year, almost certainly suffers from gout, and diabetes is in his immediate future. If he dies, the succession battle is going to be ugly. Nuclear ugly.

Do you know what the latest DPRK 'go order' is? I admit I don't - but I do know it has changed since they sank the ROKNV Chosen a few years back. The ROK has since decentralized operational orders to where local commanders can initiate a massive retaliation if DPRK soldiers fire upon them - a first since the 1950s. DPRK responded by lowering it's local 'go orders' in kind, but I don't know to what level. You could inadvertently have two front-line colonels starting a peninsula-wide conflict in response to a ham-handed attempt to neutralize senior DPRK military leadership. And they have short-range nukes. And we have 28,000 or so troops there. Does Trump - or any other president - want to write 28,000 condolence letters?

Speaking of war, you made a statement about how poorly fed the DPRK's soldiers are. Yes, some are (see: arduous path). But to a man, each is filled with a hatred for the US that you cannot possibly imagine. They were born to parents who fervently believe the US invaded North Korea in 1950; raised on a steady diet of propaganda about how the US keeps them in poverty and live today with daily warnings that the US is coming to kill them. I've seen a lot of hate in my life, but never, ever, have I seen hatred like I did in the two DPRK soldiers' eyes I met at Panmunjon. A violent, burning hatred from two feet away - I'll remember their faces until the day I die. So don't think for a second that their military is going to roll over and give up. Ain't going to happen.

North Korea is a very, very complex problem. People arrogant enough to declare it should be resolved with some knee-kerk, Abbottabad-style raid or a foreign policy that fits on a bumper sticker would do well to shut-up, sit down and color. Better yet, go to the library and check out a few books.

Start with the novel A Corpse in the Koryo. Might learn something.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:42 PM

998 posts, read 665,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post

I'm pretty sure you've never been to Korea (either one of them), let alone lived there long enough to know their culture. Please Google 'juche' and 'arduous path' as used by Kim's grandfather and father, respectively. Hint: One is a domestic policy and the other is a code word. (The new policy is to be announced next month at the Party Congress, and my spies tell me that it will be some sort of two-pronged pathway - one of which is a return to the 'arduous path' and the second is a redoubled effort concerning nuclear ICBM development.)
I've been to both Koreas, as a matter of fact. Some details I can't go into depth, but I have seen a lot more in the DPRK than most Westerners and been granted liberties that many have not, such as private tours of the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum and the Kim Il Sung mausoleum. If the extent of your interaction with (ordinary?) North Koreans is two soldiers who were staring at you from across the DMZ, then of course you're not going to understand the situation. By the way, they look at everyone like that. It's their jobs. They have commanders, and if they don't look serious enough they'll probably be reported to their minders for failing in their revolutionary endeavors and sent to a gulag.

Yes, they believe a lot of crazy stuff about America and Americans because they are drilled with it from birth, but it's mostly just the party line which they know they need to follow or they can get in serious trouble. They "hate" the US, but as soon as we step in and offer them food and a warm bath, they will change allegiance immediately. Their hatred of the US is all just rhetoric, but they hate their own leadership, trust me. They respect it, in a way that a battered woman respects and obeys her husband, but once a better path opens they take it.

Quote:
Do you know how many of the DPRK's top leadership desperately want Kim's job? Most of them. And they don't all live in the same place. One of the real fears that Korea watchers have is that, like his father (Kim Jong Il), Kim Jong Un has engaged in a tremendously unhealthy lifestyle. He's gained 70 pounds in one year, almost certainly suffers from gout, and diabetes is in his immediate future. If he dies, the succession battle is going to be ugly. Nuclear ugly.
Which is why we need to go in now and cut the head off the snake. Remove Kim with an elite team (easy) and then round up the senior Worker Party officials in all the confusion and send them off to trial. The entire system then collapses and rallying the support of the nation will be so easy, you wouldn't even believe it.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:19 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,513 times
Quote:
Look people. North Korea is a bully, and we need to stand up and knock them flat on their behind from time to time to make them shut up and play nice again. That's what you do with bullies.

Once Trump is in office, we can count on him to send in the Navy Seals and put the Supreme Beef Taco Leader Kim Jung Un down for good. We'll remove his inner party from power as well, and set up a new government that supports the US and pays a portion of their annual GDP to the US for protection and consulting. It will be easy. As we've seen, the North Koreans will blindly follow any leadership, even if it means decades of famine and hardship. They're probably too weak and mentally conditioned at this point to fight back. We step in and take over.

We are missing a HUGE opportunity right now (bigger even than Kim's waistline). That will give us a sphere of influence right next to China. China is killing us in trade, and we need to do something about that too, so fixing North Korea will be a big start. Also, shame on you people. Seriously, shame on you. North Korea is running slave labor camps. These are gulags that would make Joseph Stalin himself sick to his stomach. People are dying and suffering massive human rights abuses and all you can do is sit back and say, "not my problem."

That's the problem in this country. Too many lazy, all-talk-do-nothing politicians and people.
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. "We can count on Trump to send in Navy Seals" and then at the end of your rant, you say "too many lazy, all-talk-do-nothing politicians and people" lol. Are you a Seal? Do you plan on going to DPRK and handling KJU yourself? Don't advocate a war you aren't personally willing to get involved in, dude. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

Quote:
There are people suffering in North Korea in their gulags! 1. It will not be a trillion dollar national building failure, because these people are not Islamists who are willing to blow themselves up to become martyrs. Geez it feels like I'm speaking to a wall sometimes on CD. People, listen! The vast majority of North Koreans have no allegiance to the Workers Party to any extent beyond doing what they're told so they're not shipped off to a gulag. Once fat boy is removed from power and his inner circle is shipped off for human rights trials, they will switch their allegiance to the US immediately. It would be an in and out job, not like some quagmire in the middle east. 2. It's called a long term investment. We build the nation, and then they pay us a consulting fee to fix their country and protect them.
1. Did I miss something, or were there a bunch of Muslims in Vietnam that I wasn't aware of?
2. What is this, the Godfather? Are we gonna go inside the DPRK and flip over some tables if we don't get our protection money? Lmao this is too rich. Please, more of this! OP, you're killing me!

Old 04-04-2016, 05:29 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
My thoughts exactly.

See you later OP, good luck, but don't dare think about taking our young men and women in the military with you on your "battle" you feel is so necessary!

WAR IS A RACKET!
OP can pull out his own wallet and pay for it himself.
Besides, we have no Constitutional Responsibility to that side of the world.

The only reason we are over there, and everywhere else for that matter is to maintain stability for Global Corporatism off the tax payers back.

I was told Global Corporations don't owe us a thing!
Well, the tax payers do not owe them anything either which means protection.
Let that part of the world fall apart and the Nation-less Corporations can fend for themselves lol

Tax Payers should not be on the hook for policing the Corporate Globalist Utopia

Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM

998 posts, read 665,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. "We can count on Trump to send in Navy Seals" and then at the end of your rant, you say "too many lazy, all-talk-do-nothing politicians and people" lol. Are you a Seal? Do you plan on going to DPRK and handling KJU yourself? Don't advocate a war you aren't personally willing to get involved in, dude. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

1. Did I miss something, or were there a bunch of Muslims in Vietnam that I wasn't aware of?
2. What is this, the Godfather? Are we gonna go inside the DPRK and flip over some tables if we don't get our protection money? Lmao this is too rich. Please, more of this! OP, you're killing me!
The Viet Cong had way more support behind them and were able to feed their soldiers and their families. North Koreans are extremely poor and most of them are far removed from the inner political classes, who all dwell in Pyongyang. They have very little loyalty to the Kim dynasty. The only area of the country that would put any fight at all is Pyongyang, but that would be quelled very quickly.

I don't understand why all of you have such a hard time understanding this. All we need to do is offer them food, and you will see the troops surrender so fast, your head will spin. It is nothing like Vietnam. And it will be easy to collect our consultant fee from them. That's what Trump would be excellent at. We get them up to speed, and they agree to pay us. There are these things called contracts and treaties... it's really not that hard!

Old 04-04-2016, 05:43 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Look people. North Korea is a bully, and we need to stand up and knock them flat on their behind from time to time to make them shut up and play nice again. That's what you do with bullies.

You must not have read much on North Korea. They will fight to the death for anyone that invades their country. There was a North Korean citizen in China in talks with another person there when Kim Jong died, the NK excused himself when he heard about it and went to the bathroom. When he came out, his eyes were all red. I am sure there are some faking it, but probably the majority are sincere because that is all they know and believe what they are told.

Quote:
These are gulags that would make Joseph Stalin himself sick to his stomach. People are dying and suffering massive human rights abuses and all you can do is sit back and say, "not my problem."
The camps are a lost cause because they are starving these people do death daily and bombing the country will kill more people than are in these camps.

The real truth of the matter is that North Korea will not play ball with the globalists. Not because we want to "liberate" them or spread "democracy" when we do not even have that here. Any country not playing ball and an isolationist is a threat to their globalist utopia.

We have other countries we have invaded or want to invade to attest to this fact.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:49 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You are the poster child for the Trump supporters the rest of the world is laughing at. The scary part is this plan is probably exactly the type of knee jerk reaction your boy would do if he were to be elected. What neither of you realize, and what has already been pointed out in the thread by virtually every poster who has responded to your idiocy, is this plan would nearly guarantee a full out war with North Korea, costing who knows how many thousands of lives.
Dave, they don't care. They wanna be alpha. That's all that matters to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies