Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 09:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
"Bible and guns" was the Cruz campaign slogan in the South.

Guess the fine people of Tennessee prefer their state legislators spend their time debating the state book and weapon than addressing real challenges.
The fine people of Tennessee are most likely better off that way.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:01 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Which Holy Bible? Which books? NIV? KJ? Catholic Santa Biblia? The Good News Bible with simple language for simple people?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:06 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
From the OP article:

Quote:
The Bible bill came to a vote just days before the candidate filing deadline, giving lawmakers pause about being portrayed by political rivals as being opposed to the Bible if they voted against the bill.
Galatians 1:10: "Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Old 04-05-2016, 10:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The snivelling from the atheists is entertaining.
Atheists? Do you suffer the mistaken impression that the bible is the only religious text in existence, that anyone who doesn't follow it doesn't believe in God?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:35 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Hey, what do you want from a bunch of right wing nut jobs who are still arguing over the Confederate Flag (it's a 'battle flag" you know--the modern interpretation as used by the KKK to represent intolerance and racism doesn't count) ?

Then we have the State "gun"...an assault rifle.....nice, and fits perfectly with the idea that more guns (and gun deaths) are somehow better.

So why not the bible.....? Never gonna see the Quran anywhere in an official capacity, but hey......discrimination is okay as long it is shielded by Christianity.

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I have my bible and my 50 caliber state gun!

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
The US was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Not the principles invented by a child molester.
Then why isn't the Torah getting equal billing?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:51 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Wow. This bill is a real jobs generator. Good work legislators, you are really earning your paychecks!

Old 04-05-2016, 10:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Wow. This bill is a real jobs generator. Good work legislators, you are really earning your paychecks!
I imagine if they had cut taxes to generate jobs ya would not be applauding it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washingt...rs-rosa-parks/

Rumsfeld could have spent his time planning the invasion of another country instead.

The more frivolous BS government officials engage in the better off we are.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:14 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
The US was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Not the principles invented by a child molester.
Probably best not to bring up child molesters when mentioning Christian Principles, anyway the point is religion has no place in government and that simple fact seems to escape many of these bible belt politicians.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:16 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not an Atheist but will note that this was stupid on the part of their politicians.

That said, I'm no expert but I can't imagine any sniper would use a 50 caliber gun.
You must've never heard of the Barrett 50 Cal. Bang bang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
Can't wait to hear about the official state movie, the official state toilet paper and the official state anal beads.
Official toilet paper would probably be Brawny...anal beads? Blasphemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Have you ever road-tripped or spent time in Tennessee? I have dealings with the state all the time.
Unequivocally the scariest state I've ever been in. Granted, I haven't been to Alaska or Hawaii so I have a few to go, but in a lot of places the friendly locals will let you know in no uncertain terms you are not welcome there. "Intolerance" is a very diplomatic descriptor. There is no other state that gives off such a scary and bad vibe. It's life imitating art, the backdrop to Easy Rider
Never dealt with this in TN. Got family in Memphis and my brother attended school in Chattanooga. He made a ton of white friends (we're black). I actually live in HI, and people are way more impolite here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Vermont's "official state beverage" is milk. Does that designation force anyone to DRINK milk? Is that discriminatory against those lactose intolerant folks who live in Vermont?
I know, right? Is anyone forced to fly the Confederate flag in MS? Also a ton of family in MS, by the way.

Quote:
Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Probably best not to bring up child molesters when mentioning Christian Principles, anyway the point is religion has no place in government and that simple fact seems to escape many of these bible belt politicians.
Good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies