Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:39 PM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Don't agree with the law change though PayPal does do business in many countries that execute those in the LGBT community. This is hypocrisy at its finest.
Or maybe it's just an understanding that we have a legitimate say in what happens in our own country, but we don't have a legitimate say -- since we are non-citizens -- in another country. If you've ever lived overseas, you tend to understand that.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Default NC Governor issues executive order making minor tweaks to the "bathroom bill"

UPDATING: North Carolina Governor Issues Executive Order in Response to Anti-LGBT Law Backlash - The New Civil Rights Movement

Executive Order 93 does not change the ban on transgender people using public restrooms based on gender identity. But it states it will add sexual orientation and gender identity protections to the state’s employment policy for state employees. It also says it will seek "legislation to reinstate the right to sue in state court for discrimination." That was taken away when he signed HB2 into law.

The executive order does not even mention the other sweeping changes HB2 ushered in, including stripping local control over minimum wage laws and employment discrimination laws.

Here is the video and below, the transcript: ...

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/719981252590313475
.@GovMcCrory's executive order: a band-aid on a brain hemorrhage

Old 04-12-2016, 02:23 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
If a transgender has no interest in exposing themselves to children, what's the issue? You seem to only care about little girls, what about little boys seeing a woman with a penis or girls seeing a man with a vagina? So much hypocrisy in your post that it is just laughable.

So why do you need more laws if exposing yourself to others is already a felony? Don't expose yourself to minors and no one would have an issue.
There is no hypocrisy in my posts--you've completely ignored all questions and scenarios I've presented, then twist my words because you have no answer. You have justified nothing. And nowhere did I say trans men with female genitalia should be allowed into the men's room. Go back and find me the post where I said that....I'll wait.....zzzz......

Trans women with male genitalia say they face violence if they use the men's bathroom. We already have laws against assault so so why do we need a law allowing them into the ladies room? See...the 'we already have laws' argument works both ways.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:27 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
There is no hypocrisy in my posts--you've completely ignored all questions and scenarios I've presented, then twist my words because you have no answer. You have justified nothing. And nowhere did I say trans men with female genitalia should be allowed into the men's room. Go back and find me the post where I said that....I'll wait.....zzzz......

Trans women with male genitalia say they face violence if they use the men's bathroom. We already have laws against assault so so why do we need a law allowing them into the ladies room? See...the 'we already have laws' argument works both ways.
So basically you are fine with a man using the woman's restroom as long as they tell you they have a vagina.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
So basically you are fine with a man using the woman's restroom as long as they tell you they have a vagina.
All these pages of debate and that is what you're getting out of it? Now you're deliberately being obtuse, because you have no answer. I also love how you're under the delusion that all trans women actually look like biological women, and that non-trans sexual predators would never take advantage of poorly written laws. I wonder if you even live in the United States or anywhere where they have bathrooms.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:33 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
All these pages of debate and that is what you're getting out of it? Now you're deliberately being obtuse, because you have no answer. I also love how you're under the delusion that all trans women actually look like biological women, and that non-trans sexual predators would never take advantage of poorly written laws. I wonder if you even live in the United States or anywhere where they have bathrooms.
Oh this law violates a bunch of human rights and will cost the state a lot of money as it gets overruled. I just find it funny that you guys only want to obsess over seeing a penis in the bathroom.

I don't know where you urinate, but when I go to a public restroom guys aren't walking around in them with their penises hanging out. So I wonder if you have ever been to a public restroom.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
The blow back is starting to hurt huh?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Oh this law violates a bunch of human rights and will cost the state a lot of money as it gets overruled. I just find it funny that you guys only want to obsess over seeing a penis in the bathroom.

I don't know where you urinate, but when I go to a public restroom guys aren't walking around in them with their penises hanging out. So I wonder if you have ever been to a public restroom.
And why are you obsessing over the fact that I don't want to see your penis or have it in my dressing room? Again, an intersex person (has breasts, takes estrogen, keeps penis and *******) using the ladies room isn't a civil right. It's great that as a man you've never had to experience indecent exposure or sexual harassment from males in public spaces. I wish I could say the same but I can't. Are you just now learning that there are predators who do hang their penis out in public places??? But you don't give a damn about violating a person if that person is a woman or girl.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:35 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
WHY does the GOV. feel the need to regulate every bit of our lives?
I started a thread in the Great Debates section about How far do we have to bend over to accommodate ?

How far should we bend over to accomodate?

And you know something before this law was proposed in NC what did transgendered people do? Chances are they went into the bathroom that corresponded with the way they were dressed that day which is fine since chances are it didn't make anyone feel awkward or uneasy because it was done discreetly.

Being discreet is the way it should be handled but now NC has made it against the law for a transgendered person to go into the wrong rest room. Now if they reverse themselves and make a law saying that anyone can go anywhere they want I fear that it will open the gates to the perverts who get off on hearing a little girl tinkle. Imagine if your daughter came out of the ladies room and she was upset because there was a creepy guy hanging out in there. What do you do/ call the police? all the creep would have to say is "I identify as a woman today" and he goes free meanwhile your daughter is left feeling icky.

It hasn't happened yet but give some people an inch and they will take a mile.

Standing up for something that is not considered PC is a dangerous course to take as we have seen for NC. I think it is silly how concerts and business are pulling out of the state. If they feel that strongly about it why don't they just setup a third bathroom option like a unisex?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:54 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Swim class, which is REQUIRED in some school districts? How is it possible to not strip down to put on a bathing suit? Also, student athletes (both of my kids were such), regularly strip down, shower, and change after practices/games.
Many people at the beach change their swim trunks and bikinis while having a towel around them. Takes dexterity and smarts, but is pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies