Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2016, 10:08 AM

6,214 posts, read 3,574,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
That's an irrational societal fear surrounded by our society putting more sexual focus on nudity than actually exists.

You'd have a point if that was actually an issue.

When it comes to bathrooms, especially the female ones where everyone is in stalls, MtF people using those bathrooms will not infringe on anyone's privacy.
So 52% of the population--and this is the majority of global culture not just American--has been brainwashed and we should just get over it? Get over your penis narcissism.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:29 AM

15,817 posts, read 21,331,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The majority of women and girls do not want to change in front biological men or see biological men change in front of them. Nothing irrational about it one bit. You're also ignoring the fact that poorly written laws allow for non-trans predator to take advantage, but who cares about crime as long as you get to do whatever you want, right? The right to privacy for the 99.999% of the non-trans is more important than your penis. Showering with females isn't a civil right. If you take testosterone, removed your breasts, sport a beard and identify as make but believe having a vulva is compatible with male identity that's between you and your therapist.
You lose the "right to privacy" when you choose to use a public locker room and change in front of anyone.

There could be a scary lesbian leering at you, after all.

If you think anyone is paying attention to you in the locker room, regardless of gender, then that's between you and your therapist. I certainly don't flatter myself that much when I use a locker room knowing that there are people who were born male as well as people who are attracted to my gender in the same space.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:31 AM

15,817 posts, read 21,331,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Men and boys have shared locker rooms since, well, forever. Women and girls have done the same. Have you ever used a locker room in a rec center or public swimming pool? It sounds like it's a foreign concept to you.

Women and girls should have a reasonable expectation to not come into contact with men in the changing room. Men should also have that same expectation to not have females in their changing room.
Then why do they expect transpeople to use the changing facilities or restrooms of the wrong gender if people have the expectation to not see the opposite gender in their spaces?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:31 AM

88,651 posts, read 44,404,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You lose the "right to privacy" when you choose to use a public locker room and change in front of anyone.
False. If what you posit were actually true, there would be no separate facilities for girls/women and boys/men.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:34 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

There could be a scary lesbian leering at you, after all.

If you think anyone is paying attention to you in the locker room, regardless of gender, then that's between you and your therapist. I certainly don't flatter myself that much when I use a locker room knowing that there are people who were born male as well as people who are attracted to my gender in the same space.

Except we do have the right to expect not to see men in the female locker room and vice versa. I have never experienced sexual harassment from a lesbian, ever. I have experienced it from men on a semi regular basis. I don't want men in the women's locker room.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:39 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,221,345 times
Default Should Transgendered (not transexual) Be Allowed To Use Bathroom of Choice

As a man I don't care if there's a woman in the bathroom but I think that for women its a very different matter. No matter how femaled up you are, if you have a penis, you should not be in the ladies locker room or rest room.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:11 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,277,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Apparently it is you who should be changing at home since you believe juveniles shoułd have separate facilities from adults even of the same sex, and five year-olds should be dropped off to change, shower, and use the toilet in public facilities without their parent entering. Since you believe this, if you've ever changed in a locker room where someone present was under 18, go ahead and turn yourself in! No matter how many times you repeat this in every post it still fails to answer any of my points and it still doesn't make sense.
I can't believe you are cool with grown men exposing themselves to little boys in locker rooms, that is just sick. I change in locker rooms for adults, not children.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:14 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I can't believe you are cool with grown men exposing themselves to little boys in locker rooms, that is just sick. I change in locker rooms for adults, not children.

Where have you found adult only locker rooms?

Old 04-15-2016, 11:16 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,318,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I wouldn't. It's a wildly unpopular belief. Only 26% agrees with letting trans persons who have not completed gender reassignment surgery to choose the opposite sex's facilities based on how they "feel" about themselves.
OMG! Do you go to sleep chanting "Only 26% agrees with letting trans persons...."

Polls are pretty much meaningless - they can be designed is such a way to achieve predetermined results. Plus, they poll the opinion of a given point in time. As opinions change, so then do the polls. In a year, 2 years, as people become more understanding/accepting of the concept of transgender - and they will - opinions WILL change.

Besides, in this country, we DO NOT pass laws via opinion polls - a fact that you continue to ignore.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:59 AM

88,651 posts, read 44,404,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
OMG! Do you go to sleep chanting "Only 26% agrees with letting trans persons...."
All I'm saying is that continuing to push this on a highly non-receptive public and the continued bullying of the vast majority of Americans dissuades many from your cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.