Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 10:40 AM

248 posts, read 171,564 times

Advertisements

The fact that this question is even asked blows me away...another reminder of the times we now live in. The times where we are expected to continuously accommodate and roll the red carpet out for "different" amongst our society. When and where are we going to finally draw the line on whats acceptable? Where does it end?

Lets fast forward 25 years from now:
Man wants to legally marry his Labrador retriever with whom he has had a sexual relationship with for years...the man says he was "born this way" and it's not his fault he's "different"...the other nut-jobs of our society sympathize with him and begin a push to gain beastiality rights.

Sound far fetched?

Rewind 25 years from now:
Man wants to become a woman and wants full rights to womens public restrooms.
This was before the mass nut-job boom when legit people of society were the mass...nobody sympathized with him; he was ostracized and it was demanded that he keeps his weird skeletons in his own closet.

PEOPLE...WHAT HAPPENED TO US?

Last edited by BrokeLoser; 04-17-2016 at 10:56 AM..

Old 04-17-2016, 11:23 AM

3,529 posts, read 2,828,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe they are trying to make a difference in a country where it is possible.

I find it humorous that people are comparing NC to Dubai. It that going to be their new slogan?
"North Carolina, not quite as bad as Dubai."
NC wants you to use the correct bathroom, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, etc. Will chop off your head for being gay. Which one sounds more pressing to you?

Corporate boycotts worked in So. Africa to end apartheid, why not at least give it a try?

bill

Old 04-17-2016, 11:32 AM

88,651 posts, read 44,393,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Let me give you a hand reading the article I linked.

In case you don't understand the term, Settlement, I have linked a definition for you.
Lawsuit "settlements" doesn't always include money. And I've seen NO reports whatsoever that Johnston was readmitted to the university after her federally upheld expulsion for using men's restroom/locker/shower room facilities.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"settling a case" does not mean admitting wrong. It is simply expedient and less expensive to settle than to keep fighting it.

So, if the left thinks they won with a 'settlement' on anything, they are mislabeling it.
Exactly. The FACT remains that a trans student has NEVER won a discrimination case. Not in state court, and not in federal court.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Didn't need one.
You might want to rethink that. Sexual orientation is NOT a federally protected class. Obama and the Dems had a chance to change that when they had the Presidency, House and Senate in 2009-2011, but they did not.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
No, settling on this case and then changing the university's policies towards transgender people is admitting they were wrong.
"Changed" policy only until students complain again, and a student files a lawsuit for forced submission to indecent exposure. Good luck with that.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,132,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
NC wants you to use the correct bathroom, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, etc. Will chop off your head for being gay. Which one sounds more pressing to you?

bill
I LIVE in the US, and will probably never be in Dubai or SA. The rights of AMERICAN citizens in AMERICA are more important to me than the laws of another country.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:39 AM

7,571 posts, read 8,616,567 times
I've heard some states are banning travel to NC for the same reason.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
But Cirque Du Soleil is still planning to have shows in Dubai, a country that considers being Gay a death penalty offence.
Apparently DEATH is preferable to a trans with a penis than not being able to use a public multiple occupancy women's restroom/locker/shower room, etc., facility.

Quote:
Why is this ignored by the LGBT community? Why not boycott any company that does business with extremist governments, refuse to buy Apple products, or Pepsi, Coke, Pay-Pal etc. if they do business or sell products to these country's? It worked for Apartheid in South Africa.
Because LGBTs and their supporters are EXTREME hypocrites.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,132,563 times
And now more businesses are skipping the NC furniture market.

Quote:
Furniture retailer Ron Werner usually spends $2 million a year at North Carolina's gargantuan, semiannual furniture market, but he's skipping this week's event.
Quote:
A 5 percent drop in market sales could translate into a loss of more than $100 million for North Carolina furniture manufacturers, which employ about 14,000 workers.
​Market boycott due to LGBT law could hurt N.C.'s economy - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies