Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:08 PM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nobody can prove McCain's motive, except he himself.

So I agree with you on that. That poster you quoted is passionately anti-war, so maybe you can take that into consideration.
Well now, not exactly..., especially when it comes to motives to commit fraud, for example, these things can be proven. If McCain, for example, owned stock in weapons manufacturing companies and/or was found to be getting kick-backs from U.S. military spending, well then there's some proof as to motive.

Where I think we more generally more easily agree is that when it comes to simple political opinion, again as expressed by McCain and all others who tend to agree with McCain, I'm not first inclined to believe the motive is simply to stir up war unless someone can prove such a charge with something more than just say so. Until then, I really believe these people feel strongly they are in the right on behalf of America, much like my friends do who I disagree with entirely about these things.

Their motive is no different than mine! We just disagree about how to get where we want to go...

Last edited by LearnMe; 04-07-2016 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 12:17 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Well now, not exactly..., especially when it comes to motives to commit fraud, for example, these things can be proven. If McCain, for example, owned stock in weapons manufacturing companies and/or was found to be getting kick-backs from U.S. military spending, well then there's some proof as to motive.

Where I think we more generally more easily agree is that when it comes to simple political opinion, again as expressed by McCain and all others who tend to agree with McCain, I'm not inclined the motive is simply to stir up war unless someone can prove that with something more than just say so. Until then, I really believe these people feel strongly they are in the right on behalf of America, much like my friends do who I disagree with entirely about these things.

Their motive is no different than mine! We just disagree about how to get where we want to go...
I was not the one who said that his motive was to stir up war, I was ONLY saying that poster you quoted is passionately anti war, so I am sure you understand the message he is trying to send out without emphasising so much on the word he chose to use. No more No less.

I don't want to debate if Iraq war is a fraud, that is another topic. The bolded, agree to disagree. I would say I don't know. I don't know if "these people" feel strongly they are in the right on behalf of American. I simply don't know.

Let me correct myself, "Nobody can prove McCain's motive, except he himself." How about "nobody really knows Mccain's motive, except himself" Better?
Maybe sometimes, you can just let **** go It is kind of hard to carry on a conversation if you approach every issue like a philosopher or a Prosecutor

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-07-2016 at 12:30 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 12:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
McCain is passe. Hopefully, Arizona will put him out to pasture in November.
We're working on it...trust me.

For the first time in a long time, we Arizona Dems have a legit shot at dumping his ass. I've given the max to his opponent's campaign and a small fortune to the DSSC. I want him gone.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I was not the one who said that his motive was to stir up war, I was ONLY saying that poster you quoted is passionately anti war, so I am sure you understand the message he is trying to send out without emphasising so much on the word he chose to use. No more No less.

I don't want to debate if Iraq war is a fraud, that is another topic. The bolded, agree to disagree. I would say I don't know. I don't know if "these people" feel strongly they are in the right on behalf of American. I simply don't know.

Let me correct myself, "Nobody can prove McCain's motive, except he himself." How about "nobody really knows Mccain's motive, except himself" Better?
Maybe sometimes, you can just let **** go It is kind of hard to carry on a conversation if you approach every issue like a philosopher or a Prosecutor
Say, no need for any of this unless you are so inclined. Just trying to share my criteria when it comes to these sorts of judgments is all.

If you want to get right to the bottom line, we can't really KNOW anything with absolute certainty.

Though I ascribe to "innocent until proven guilty" in general, I surely don't KNOW for certain who is actually guilty or innocent of bad intent vs good. Hope that's not too philosophical for you, but either way, feel free to let this **** go!

Don't mind me none...

Old 04-07-2016, 01:05 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Say, no need for any of this unless you are so inclined. Just trying to share my criteria when it comes to these sorts of judgments is all.

If you want to get right to the bottom line, we can't really KNOW anything with absolute certainty.

Though I ascribe to "innocent until proven guilty" in general, I surely don't KNOW for certain who is actually guilty or innocent of bad intent vs good. Hope that's not too philosophical for you, but either way, feel free to let this **** go!

Don't mind me none...

Old 04-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We're working on it...trust me.

For the first time in a long time, we Arizona Dems have a legit shot at dumping his ass. I've given the max to his opponent's campaign and a small fortune to the DSSC. I want him gone.
Another thing that always keeps my harsh judgement in check regarding McCain's better judgement is Palin.

Maybe instead of a warmonger, McCain is just a glutton for punishment or maybe just one of those smarter than average idiots. I really don't know, not for certain anyway...

Old 04-07-2016, 05:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Another thing that always keeps my harsh judgement in check regarding McCain's better judgement is Palin.

Maybe instead of a warmonger, McCain is just a glutton for punishment or maybe just one of those smarter than average idiots. I really don't know, not for certain anyway...
He keeps getting elected here because Arizona is bereft of common sense candidates that still have their sanity.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:52 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If there is one lesson that needs to be learned about Vietnam is if you are going to involve yourself in war you are either all in or all out. This middle of the road approach is not going to work.

We've all heard the term "Shock and awe" and it's not some catchphrase Donald Rumsfeld dreamed up. It's a concept that evolved as direct result of the experiences of Vietnam. You bring it all at once, the idea is to obliterate the enemy as fast as possible and those that are left are left in a psychologically hopeless state.

Instead of drawing parallels between Vietnam we should be drawing parallels with Al Qaeda. Throughout much of the Clinton administration and the early parts of the Bush administration this threat was not met head on. The result was 9/11, unfortunately it appears it's going to require another event like that before people get their heads out of their asses.

Deal with this threat now or deal with them later.
What is good in life?

To crush your enemies, to drive them before you, and to hear the Lamentations of their woman.

Or don't go at all

Old 04-08-2016, 05:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Not a fan of McCain but totally spot on

McCain: War against ISIS turning into Vietnam | TheHill

Also he's right about Africa.

What will happen when they majorly branch into there??
I am wondering what he expected when he was so happy to help start the problem..

Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Not a fan of McCain but totally spot on

McCain: War against ISIS turning into Vietnam | TheHill

Also he's right about Africa.

What will happen when they majorly branch into there??
Just being over there is a failed policy. McCain is clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies