Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,752,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
This debate is growing more absurd by the second.

So now you're telling me 7this hardened police officer was so petrified of a potential backward kick from a 12-year old girl, he had no choice but to slam her face-first on the concrete. How heroic.
He didn't slam her face first. He did a leg sweep at the knee and she landed lower-body first, followed by her hand, elbow, and shoulder, and her face never hits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You got this from?? The officer is off the job under investigation? And being a 12 yr old girl where is the female Leo?? The officers are there to protect from fights and intruders, shooters etc. arresting officers are someone else with a warrant to arrest? This is very weird.
Um, it says right in the article that the officer was called to the school to arrest her for fighting on campus after hours. (And the school warned her after her fourth suspension for fighting that if she got in a fight again she would be arrested.)
He was not an RSO. He was a patrol officer.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
So this how you would handle your child?
I would not be in a situation where I had to arrest my child.
A parent with their own child should not be in a situation where they have to take them down, handcuff, and arrest them. (As I said up thread, the real failures happened well before this leading up to the situation where the officer was there to arrest the child. Once he was there with that specific duty, much of the outcome was cast.)

Old 04-10-2016, 11:55 AM

35,563 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Um, it says right in the article that the officer was called to the school to arrest her for fighting on campus after hours. (And the school warned her after her fourth suspension for fighting that if she got in a fight again she would be arrested.)
He was not an RSO. He was a patrol officer.
I am not condoning her actions for fighting or being unruly at school- I would like to see the rest of the story if she in fact was fighting-at the time? I am saying it didn't take all that-I do not see him intervening in a scuffle - I do know -schools call police for everything now- even 6- 7 yr olds.- totally ridiculous -

Old 04-10-2016, 12:23 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,895,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
She is a Thug .... Really? Lol let's me know some folks on her punch and body slam there kids when they can't control them
The story stated that she had a history of getting into fights, so YES, she would appear to be a thug..
A 12 year old girl with a history of fighting, amazing what the world has come to...

Old 04-10-2016, 12:45 PM

10,198 posts, read 6,274,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am not condoning her actions for fighting or being unruly at school- I would like to see the rest of the story if she in fact was fighting-at the time? I am saying it didn't take all that-I do not see him intervening in a scuffle - I do know -schools call police for everything now- even 6- 7 yr olds.- totally ridiculous -
Same reason Florida police tasered a 5 year old Kindergarten girl. Excuse me, but if LEO's cannot handle a 5 year old without force, don't expect them to be able to handle an adult criminal without force. You are an ADULT with an ADULT brain and verbal skills. If you cannot control a very young child without force, QUIT your job. Hint, don't become a parent either.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:39 PM

35,563 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Same reason Florida police tasered a 5 year old Kindergarten girl. Excuse me, but if LEO's cannot handle a 5 year old without force, don't expect them to be able to handle an adult criminal without force. You are an ADULT with an ADULT brain and verbal skills. If you cannot control a very young child without force, QUIT your job. Hint, don't become a parent either.

that is correct- a child will act like a child and sometimes they go wild if in fear-- we cannot treat kids like adults - but many hear just dying to punish this kid for all of the country's problems-- eerie and scary of the hate that exhumes- I wonder how many death threats she has received now because the officer was put on admin leave- OH yes-- this is what happens

also: He works for--San Antonio Independent School District Police - The officer in question, has worked there for just over a year. (He is not a reg police officer- he is a war hero- not a bad person- but this is a school)

http://www.kens5.com/news/education/...icer/123085099

Last edited by tinytrump; 04-10-2016 at 01:49 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 01:55 PM

52,010 posts, read 52,457,444 times
It sorta does look she's resisting a bit, hard to tell how much and for how long, I assume that the officer just doesn't go around randomly body slamming young girls that aren't being combative, I wish we could see a bit more of the vid before her getting slammed down.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:00 PM

7,577 posts, read 5,304,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wish we could see a bit more of the vid before her getting slammed down.
I could watch her go go 15 rounds with Ronda Rousey and I still wouldn't find an excuse for this cop's behavior.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:07 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,634,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I could watch her go go 15 rounds with Ronda Rousey and I still wouldn't find an excuse for this cop's behavior.
Ok, question for you and others who say the cop shouldn't have done this. Let's assume that we know she was in fact resisting by kicking the officer, flailing, fighting against his grasp, etc. What do you think an officer should do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies