Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:46 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Wow. That guy is almost as liberal and forgiving as Jesus Christ!

I would have danced hearing that that piece of dung was being deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:53 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It's amazing what happens when you read more than the snippet of article the OP posts in order to further his own point of view.

First of all, remember that this man was sexually assaulted. It's not uncommon for victims of sexual assault to place blame on themselves, including feeling regret that the person is being punished. Granted, this is more common when the assault happens to be between friends or family members, which is how most assaults are conducted.

Another thing; Norway has a radically different culture when it comes to crime. Norwegians believe a person should be rehabilitated. It's not terribly unreasonable for someone within that culture, a culture with the lowest recidivism rate in the world for anyone skeptical of the results of their justice system, to prefer to see a criminal have an opportunity for redemption.

The OP conveniently left out, as telling the truth diminishes his 'liberals are all stupid narrative' the point where the man also said he felt a sense of relief knowing his attacker would never cross paths with him again. His regrets were part of his concern of the man's uncertain future in Somalia (paired with Norway's compassionate justice system and the fact that he was the victim of a psychologically devastating crime, so let's call him an idiot, right?) where he will surely not become a better person, whereas the possibility may have existed in Norway.

But who needs to read when you can just call people dumb. There's irony there, but you guys wouldn't get it anyway I'm guessing.
I'm going to respond to this post, although I disagree with nearly everything you've written so far because you decided to project some kind of narrative on me that's false.

First of all, I never said the victim was stupid so you can stop ranting and raving about that.

Second, you used an example of self-blame regarding victims who have been assaulted by family members. Trust me; I'm VERY familiar with that scenario. However, this perpetrator was a migrant and was no way related to the victim.

Third, our country is more harsh when it comes to deciding the fate of criminals. I'll give you that. But I guarantee that this criminal has had violent sexual encounters before. You don't just wake up and rape someone with a deadly weapon; there's a pattern of behavior that gradually turns into sexual assault and rape.

Fourth, I didn't conveniently leave anything out lol. I read the entire article. If there was something that helped me to understand why the victim felt remorse for his attacker, then I would've refrained from posting. But alas, here we are. Not sure why you keep crying about nobody reading the article just because they don't agree with your views. People can have different opinions than you, right? Or do you not tolerate that?

Fifth, I'll ask you a personal question. If that Somalian refugee would have held you down and anally raped you with the threat of your life hanging in uncertainty, would you feel any remorse for his future? Seriously? Because if you would, then we should just agree to disagree. I feel very strongly about rapists for personal reasons, and it takes a really sick individual to carry it out. My point of this article was not to mock the victim's rape; rather, it was to illustrate Leftie tolerance to migrants no matter what kind of crime is inflicted. I can very well see this happening in the US. Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, etc. all have major issues arising from allowing too many unruly migrants into their countries, and I personally don't want to see the same happen on our soil.

Now you can debate my views since you know where I stand.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
It is unfortunate that lefties in the West believe so strongly about everyone on the planet being "equal" and "worthy", when on a daily basis it is more and more brutally obvious that the opposite is true in this world.

Yes, there are good people in various cultures, but when you have an entire swath of rabid young violent misogynistic males who have been deprived of sensitivity to other human beings, see people as objects and women as inferior to men, children as tools to use for their pleasure and power, glorifying violence and believing unchecked in blind religious dogma - IT'S WELL PAST TIME TO REMOVE THAT CONTINGENT FROM CIVILIZED SOCIETY. NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM IT.

It's like trying to model a monkey into a debutante.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTqnGIgIEs

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-07-2016 at 09:48 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 10:25 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Send the F'ng idiot to Somalia as well. Sounds like he enjoyed it a bit too much.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, according to op's article

Although he protested his innocence and claimed he had been enjoying a consensual relationship with Mr. Hauken, the migrant was sentenced to four and a half years in prison.

I would say there is something else going on.
I'm with you on this one.

I'd love to know the details of the legal proceedings prior to convinction.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:25 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Almost every story that has surfaced regarding migrant sex crimes has some kind of anal aspect to it. . . . .

Like, they are all about anal.

This is just disturbing.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Almost every story that has surfaced regarding migrant sex crimes has some kind of anal aspect to it. . . . .

Like, they are all about anal.

This is just disturbing.
It's no wonder all those countries have a high AIDS rate. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:35 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It's amazing what happens when you read more than the snippet of article the OP posts in order to further his own point of view.

First of all, remember that this man was sexually assaulted. It's not uncommon for victims of sexual assault to place blame on themselves, including feeling regret that the person is being punished. Granted, this is more common when the assault happens to be between friends or family members, which is how most assaults are conducted.

Another thing; Norway has a radically different culture when it comes to crime. Norwegians believe a person should be rehabilitated. It's not terribly unreasonable for someone within that culture, a culture with the lowest recidivism rate in the world for anyone skeptical of the results of their justice system, to prefer to see a criminal have an opportunity for redemption.

The OP conveniently left out, as telling the truth diminishes his 'liberals are all stupid narrative' the point where the man also said he felt a sense of relief knowing his attacker would never cross paths with him again. His regrets were part of his concern of the man's uncertain future in Somalia (paired with Norway's compassionate justice system and the fact that he was the victim of a psychologically devastating crime, so let's call him an idiot, right?) where he will surely not become a better person, whereas the possibility may have existed in Norway.

But who needs to read when you can just call people dumb. There's irony there, but you guys wouldn't get it anyway I'm guessing.

Waaay too much to read. I'll give the dumbed-down version conservatives can handle: liberals are stupid.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, according to op's article

Although he protested his innocence and claimed he had been enjoying a consensual relationship with Mr. Hauken, the migrant was sentenced to four and a half years in prison.

I would say there is something else going on.
Yes, because a rapist would never lie.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:17 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
This type of thing truly lends credence to the phrase "Liberalism is a mental disorder"
I'd say Progressive Liberalism is a mental disorder, just as intolerant conservatism is.

Moderates are the dying breed. It used to be that both sides cared about the country and actually served the peoples best interest. After Viet Nam we realized this was no longer the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies