Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:15 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

I consider my self to be a Liberal. That does not mean I tolerate people that use force to gain sexual satisfaction. I feel the same about people that use terrorist bombings to achieve political satisfaction. My response would involve a tall gallows and a short rope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 12:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Almost every story that has surfaced regarding migrant sex crimes has some kind of anal aspect to it. . . . .

Like, they are all about anal.

This is just disturbing.
The anal rape component is about dominance.

It's how you emasculate a male and dominate him.

When you are powerless to dominate any other way, and you feel subjugated and/or threatened, you go for the lowest form of dominance in order to bring the rape subject to a level below your status.

That's what anal rape of a man is about. It's the same thing that goes on in prisons across the USA every day.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:50 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
How are they refusing to judge bad behavior? The man is being deported regardless of what the victim thinks. It seems something is, in fact, being done. Again, going back to what the victim things, physiological trauma tends to happen when you are the victim of a sexual assault. It's not uncommon for victims of these sort of crimes to place blame on themselves rather than their attacker. It doesn't matter if that makes sense or not. The victims aren't using reason to come to that conclusion; it's emotion. And I assure you, as will anyone with knowledge of psychological health, calling him stupid is not going to improve the situation.

Nor is this situation indicative of an entire cultural problem. All the opinions given in this article are from other victims of some form of violent or insidious crime. Again, the psychological trauma can lead them to blaming themselves. There was no information provided on what the general population would think of deporting an immigrant who raped someone while in Norway.

Now, there probably are results like that, and this is when you have to look at how the question is presented. If it's presented in a way that implies these results are inevitable, the results will show what the conservatives want to hear. I would imagine, though I don't know and feel free to prove me wrong, that most liberals in Norway would agree that individuals immigrants who rape or murder should be deported, or at least sentenced to prison so they can have their behavior corrected (bare in mind, Norway has a fail safe in their system that can leave a person in prison long past their sentences if rehabilitation is not occurring).

You also continue to refer to "they." It's not an opinion that not all immigrants are there for insidious reasons. It's an objective fact. It's worth looking at where people came from as well. Some countries do have higher rates of violent criminals coming in. Some do not. Muslim countries are no exception. Liberals do not like when immigrants as a whole body, which is an extremely diverse group, are judged by the actions of the bad ones. And this would also include is most are bad. It comes from the history of what liberalism is. Going all the way back to John Locke, the idea of the individual determining what someone is worth is still present in both liberal and conservative ideologies, both of which stem from Locke's Liberalism (today called 'Classical Liberalism'). It's not unreasonable to care for the immigrants who do come for honest reasons, even if many of those who also come are there for disgusting reasons.

As for a question of how policy should be determined, well, let's leave that for another time. I've already gone off topic on much of this. We're talking about the world view of liberals in Norway, and more broadly speaking, the West in general, not every aspect of immigration policy.
Whew, you REALLY like to hear yourself talk, don't ya?

Old 04-09-2016, 02:55 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Waaay too much to read. I'll give the dumbed-down version conservatives can handle: liberals are stupid.
See, that wasn't very hard.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:02 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I'm going to respond to this post, although I disagree with nearly everything you've written so far because you decided to project some kind of narrative on me that's false.

First of all, I never said the victim was stupid so you can stop ranting and raving about that.

Second, you used an example of self-blame regarding victims who have been assaulted by family members. Trust me; I'm VERY familiar with that scenario. However, this perpetrator was a migrant and was no way related to the victim.

Third, our country is more harsh when it comes to deciding the fate of criminals. I'll give you that. But I guarantee that this criminal has had violent sexual encounters before. You don't just wake up and rape someone with a deadly weapon; there's a pattern of behavior that gradually turns into sexual assault and rape.

Fourth, I didn't conveniently leave anything out lol. I read the entire article. If there was something that helped me to understand why the victim felt remorse for his attacker, then I would've refrained from posting. But alas, here we are. Not sure why you keep crying about nobody reading the article just because they don't agree with your views. People can have different opinions than you, right? Or do you not tolerate that?

Fifth, I'll ask you a personal question. If that Somalian refugee would have held you down and anally raped you with the threat of your life hanging in uncertainty, would you feel any remorse for his future? Seriously? Because if you would, then we should just agree to disagree. I feel very strongly about rapists for personal reasons, and it takes a really sick individual to carry it out. My point of this article was not to mock the victim's rape; rather, it was to illustrate Leftie tolerance to migrants no matter what kind of crime is inflicted. I can very well see this happening in the US. Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, etc. all have major issues arising from allowing too many unruly migrants into their countries, and I personally don't want to see the same happen on our soil.

Now you can debate my views since you know where I stand.
The OP consisted of three basic components: A link to the full article, a snippet only stating a sense of remorse from the victim, and a comment about the flaws of liberalism, as concluded from the snippet, and not the full article. You may not be saying liberals or the victim are stupid, but you are coming to a conclusion that I feel is more influenced by personal bias than any details of this article.

You briefly touch on some specifics of the case. The fact that the two men didn't know each other and the attackers past criminal actions. Those points are frankly not worth talking about at this time because they are mostly speculation. The article doesn't really concern itself with the details of the crime. As Lilyflower pointed out, there's a lot about this case we don't actually know. The attacker claims it was consensual, and while it's easy for us to immediately dismiss that because he's a rapist, the fact remains that if he is telling the truth, it would explain an awful lot about the victims sense of remorse. But as I said, anything but a transcript from the trial would not be a worthwhile source so I'll just leave it at you don't know and I don't know so let's not spend time on that.

As for your personal question, that depends. If it were an example of a stranger doing this, I don't think I'd feel remorse. However, I do not believe that harsh punishment is a solution to underlying problems, making me sort of anomalous in the US. The man would likely face 5-10 years in prison and if not deportation, life time sex offender status, the latter of which should not be necessary if our prison system was successful. I tend to see a massive registry as punishment for a crime as a way of pushing a mess under a bed. Mom says to clean your room, but instead of doing that, you make it look like you have. It's not actually a solution. But that's a different topic; bottom line, I wouldn't say I would feel remorse, however, I'd still as a matter of principle would want them to pay their debt and afterwards try to live like a decent person. In the US, that wouldn't happen and he'd get deported and it would be for the best. Norway's prisons could potentially rehabilitate him, but they chose to deport him all the same. And no, I do not think the deportation is unjust, before that question is asked.

In regards to your now explained point of this topic, which should have been made clear from post one, which is precisely why I do not think you came here to discuss but instead came here to say liberals are objectively worse, I don't think your conclusion is correct. I would argue most people on the left either support the attacker's deportation or would subscribe them to the same or slightly worse punishment that would be given to an American citizen (or, in this case Norway). The left also has an unwillingness to use this sort of thing as an example against ALL immigrants. Now, you can say that people on the right don't actually think all immigrants are bad, which is most likely true, but that's not the discussion that's being had. It's always about "immigrants" as a collective body.

Another point I've made on this is that this man does not represent liberalism. He might not even represent liberals in Norway, but even so, Norway is a very different culture than the US. As I said, they value compassion more than we do in the US. And rather or not that's right or wrong, you cannot use that as a means of saying the Western form of modern Liberalism is inherently wrong, especially since this doesn't even provide insight on the overall values of liberals in Norway, and just points out two or three cases. Talking to three people is not conducting a survey. It does not provide insight on anything bigger than the views of three people.

As for your point about my unwillingness to allow others to disagree, whatever. When people are claiming liberals are stupid, no, I will not be tolerant of such an absurd claim. I am a tolerant person and I do believe discussion is valuable, and I do not have any issue with people disagreeing with me. I want a discussion, and I expect the discussion be had in a way that isn't just calling people stupid. However, when that's all that's happening, I will not act like a respect the opposite view. I don't think conservatives are stupid, but I do think the one's who think liberal are, are completely mentally deficient and should be called out on it.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Have a discussion in person. Online monologues are just ego boosts.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:21 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
That is some very serious mental disorder there.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:28 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
It's no wonder all those countries have a high AIDS rate. Stupid is as stupid does.
Yep, and having anal sex with other men in many of these countries doesnt qualify someone as gay

Old 04-10-2016, 04:28 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, and having anal sex with other men in many of these countries doesnt qualify someone as gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies