Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 10:32 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If they ban ALL flags, fine they have a case. Otherwise it's discrimination to single out one form. Do they for example ban the f*g flag (Rainbow flag)?

Sweet, weeping Christ, will you guys please read the article? It's all explained therein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The number of times his property has been vandalized and stolen gives an insight to the mentality of the anti-Trump nutjobs out there.
The property damage is a wholly separate issue and should be investigated as such. I hope they find the people responsible and throw the book at them, honestly. Regardless of how much you disagree with someone, you don't touch their stuff on their property. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 10:33 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
First CA banned the American flag in schools, now democrats are trying to put a guy in jail for flying his Trump flag... In his own yard. A Democrat complained that the guy had a Trump flag up, which he claims violates a town ordinance and the homeowner faces a 2000 fine and jail time if he doesnt take it down. What a great, "free" country. I hope the guy takes this to SCOTUS.
Man ticketed for flying Donald Trump flags at his home | NJ.com
This is why I'm leaving this ridiculous state. It has been completely ruined by uber liberal wackos. No amount of sunshine can replace personal freedom, and there is very little left here.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:35 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
clickbait and im glad he is being fined. i dont want my property values lowered because of some idiot neighbor. he probably flies giant confederate flags as well and has a handful of teeth in his mouth.
Hey come'on now he is in NJ not Mississippi so he probably has too much body hair and wears a white (stained) wife beater undershirt while he sits in his Lazyboy complaining about immigrants stealing something or other.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:36 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is why I'm leaving this ridiculous state. It has been completely ruined by uber liberal wackos. No amount of sunshine can replace personal freedom, and there is very little left here.
You're leaving LA for a town ordinance in NJ?

Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
When the OP starts out with such a pile of hyperbole in their thread title it doesn't help their cause but rather makes them look underhanded.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:38 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Personally, I believe that the American flag should be banned from being depicted on a shirt. It's the flag of the greatest country ever conceived by man that serves as a shining beacon of freedom to the world that millions have fought and died for. Have a little respect for god's sake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Hey come'on now he is in NJ not Mississippi so he probably has too much body hair and wears a white (stained) wife beater undershirt while he sits in his Lazyboy complaining about immigrants stealing something or other.
Hey, hey hey!!! Archie Bunker was from New York, not New Jersey!

Old 04-08-2016, 10:40 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sweet, weeping Christ, will you guys please read the article? It's all explained therein.
Yeah I think we've all either lived in neighborhoods or towns with such rules or at least heard of them. Nitpicky rules about things like how tall your grass can be or whether you're allowed to put up a fence in your own yard. In this case, there's a city ordinance against displaying any political flags or signs more than 30 days before the election.

The question in my mind is whether such ordinances violate 1st Amendment rights. I think they do.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:45 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" thought the posting of political signs in the yard was settled about 50 years ago"

It was NOT a YARD SIGN.
Go back and read the article again.

This was settled years ago. If he needs to get into a pizzing contest with the city, he can hang all his flags like curtains inside his house.

Then get a really good lawyer. He might own the town when it gets to court.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
First CA banned the American flag in schools, now democrats are trying to put a guy in jail for flying his Trump flag... In his own yard. A Democrat complained that the guy had a Trump flag up, which he claims violates a town ordinance and the homeowner faces a 2000 fine and jail time if he doesnt take it down. What a great, "free" country. I hope the guy takes this to SCOTUS.
Man ticketed for flying Donald Trump flags at his home | NJ.com
Sorry to read you view the world through partisan glasses.

Situation occurred in NJ in a GOP controlled town, according to the link.

Many municipalities, like this one, have ordinances forbidding or limiting the public display of political crap on private property and it's as bipartisan as it gets.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is so ignorant and why things like this never change.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice...own_my_bernie/
^ a private HOA. People agree to abide by the rules when they buy into associations.

Presumably, most of the owners prefer the rule banning political signage in this association , else the rule would not exist.

Many states have enacted laws that supersede HOA laws that ban flying the US flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies