Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because consensual adult sex is the same as pedophilia?

It would have been illegal in any corporation in the US.

Especially injurious is harassment characterized by inequality of power, such as between a supervisor and a subordinate; senior faculty and junior faculty; faculty and students; and graduate teaching assistants and undergraduates.

Sex Harassment Law Update :: Definition

Just sayin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:29 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
When it comes to Republican congressmen, I usually assume they're pedophiles until they prove otherwise. There's just been way too many cases.
Here, here!

Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
When it comes to Republican congressmen, I usually assume they're pedophiles until they prove otherwise. There's just been way too many cases.

I'm pretty sure in left-wing la la land pedophilia is a curable and manageable man made affliction.

Oops... Human made affliction. Don't want to leave out all the females.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:48 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"

The difference is when a repub is caught violating family values the party chastises him and get his resignation.
Are you sure? Family values Senator David Vitter of Louisiana is still in the Senate and he modeled adult diapers for his prostitutes in addition to ....

Quote:
Louisiana Sen. David Vitter, whose telephone number was disclosed by the so-called "D.C. Madam" accused of running a prostitution ring, says he is sorry for a "serious sin" and that he has already made peace with his wife.

"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said Monday in a printed statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling.
Senator Caught In "D.C. Madam" Scandal - CBS News

Old 04-10-2016, 11:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm pretty sure in left-wing la la land pedophilia is a curable and manageable man made affliction.

Oops... Human made affliction. Don't want to leave out all the females.
Not me. I think they're disgusting. Do you condone pedophilia & molesting of minors? After all, I don't see you expressing outrage over it, just deflection.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh please. You people excuse all manner of misbehavior from Bill Clinton. Democrats can stick it.
The difference can't actually be eluding you, can it?

The Republican party, once hijacked by the religious zealots, became this party of self righteous Biblical values. This man promoted this narrative as well. And then he does this.

Yeah, Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and we all agree that this was wrong. But his big thing wasn't about sacred family values. That's the key difference. Clinton cheating on his wife wasn't some massive show of hypocrisy like this man who believes gay people to be sinners while having a history of molesting children.

And I'm a pretty progressive guy. It sounds like this all happened in the past, and I do believe he regrets what he did and has no intention of ever doing something like that again. But regardless, someone who has a history of doing this should have a profound understanding of sexual morality and know that immoral sex acts are not dependent on one's gender. Consensual acts of sex between two men isn't a problem; no one is harmed and everyone involved is on board. This man molested minors. Trust was broken and not everyone involved wanted to be involved.

Bringing up Bill is as relevant as me adding in "Bush did 9/11." It's not the same thing at all.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Not me. I think they're disgusting. Do you condone pedophilia & molesting of minors? After all, I don't see you expressing outrage over it, just deflection.
I wasn't joking...

Pedophilia is a sexual orientation and unlikely to change. Treatment aims to enable someone to resist acting on his sexual urges.

Pessimism about pedophilia - Harvard Health

Notice the wording. What does that sound like to you? I know what it sounds like to me. Please feel free to read the provided link.

As far as you inferring that I'm somehow in support of pedophilia or pedophiles because you can't wrap your tiny little brain around your movement's underlying ideology is not my fault. The reason democrats and the left don't run on family values is because they see the state as the ultimate parent. The nuclear family must be obliterated because it's the very first and most primal form of capitalism. Owning of a "wife and children."

That's why it's so funny to see people essentially saying "if they had just not ran on family values..."

Last edited by BigJon3475; 04-10-2016 at 12:33 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 12:24 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Disgusting. Utterly disgusting. So much for the GOP's morality crusaders. I realize such things are not exclusive to the Republicans but when you build a party on it's supposed moral superiority and then pull this **** by one of its most powerful leaders it is the ultimate height of hypocrisy. Enjoy prison turd bag.
He did this before becoming a Republican........how do you hold all Republicans responsible for something Hastert never spoke about and neither had anyone else? After all, Hillary and Al Gore lie to Democrats constantly and there is no love lost there!

As far as I know no one seems to be saying, "Hastert didn't do it."

Old 04-10-2016, 12:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
The difference can't actually be eluding you, can it?

The Republican party, once hijacked by the religious zealots, became this party of self righteous Biblical values. This man promoted this narrative as well. And then he does this.

Yeah, Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and we all agree that this was wrong. But his big thing wasn't about sacred family values. That's the key difference. Clinton cheating on his wife wasn't some massive show of hypocrisy like this man who believes gay people to be sinners while having a history of molesting children.

And I'm a pretty progressive guy. It sounds like this all happened in the past, and I do believe he regrets what he did and has no intention of ever doing something like that again. But regardless, someone who has a history of doing this should have a profound understanding of sexual morality and know that immoral sex acts are not dependent on one's gender. Consensual acts of sex between two men isn't a problem; no one is harmed and everyone involved is on board. This man molested minors. Trust was broken and not everyone involved wanted to be involved.

Bringing up Bill is as relevant as me adding in "Bush did 9/11." It's not the same thing at all.
This and there are stories about an island with young girls on it.......available to old men. If this is true, some important people are doing a fine job covering the story up.

Amazing how people speak of Bill cheating, but not the threats put on the women to keep everything quite. Some may think this was a minor action against his wife, but the women have faced much more than mild responses from the Clintons.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I wasn't joking...

Pedophilia is a sexual orientation and unlikely to change. Treatment aims to enable someone to resist acting on his sexual urges.

Pessimism about pedophilia - Harvard Health

Notice the wording. What does that sound like to you? I know what it sounds like to me. Please feel free to read the provided link.

As far as you inferring that I'm somehow in support of pedophilia or pedophiles because you can't wrap your tiny little brain around your movement's underlying ideology is not my fault. The reason democrats and the left don't run on family values is because they see the state as the ultimate parent. The nuclear family must be obliterated because it's the very first and most primal form of capitalism. Owning of a "wife and children."

That's why it's so funny to see people essentially saying "if they had just not ran on family values..."
Your deflection of Hastert's actions could be construed as condoning. Is there a reason why you haven't addressed & instead continue to bring up liberals which has nothing to do with this heinous act?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies