Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 03:29 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Using big government wouldn't have been necessary to eliminate James Crow
lmao Jim Crow WAS big government. Without big government Jim Crow doesn't happen. Think before you post.

Quote:
had white folks lived up to the horse dung that they brainwashed us with.
Who do you think eliminated Jim Crow? You aren't so ignorant to think it was black folks? Maybe you are that ignorant. Or maybe you racism is seeping through yet again. Blaming white people for Jim Crow when many didn't want it. It was forced on them by big government.

Quote:
As for Wilson using big government to disenfranchise blacks, let's not get carried away with the faux outrage. You may be against using big government to disempower people, but I doubt that it disgusts you all that much given that it wasn't being used to disenfranchise anyone related to you.
Falsely testifing, just like an ignorant democrat who can't discuss policy since that would expose the truth. Who did you learn to lie about others from? Hillary or Obama?
Unlike you I'm not the hypocrite. I'm against Jim Crow, the CRA as it pertains to private property as well as Affirmative Action. I'm very consistent while you're all over the place blaming whitey for your problems.

Quote:
But thanks anyway.
Truth is treason to people like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 03:39 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Same with black US. Marshals, and the reason Unions were made to keep blacks out. A racist federal government, called progressive democrat.
But that can't be true. The North welcomed blacks with open arms. Look how low black unemployment went after blacks had migrated north.

Why there aren't any examples of whites treating blacks poorly in the North. That end scene in Gangs of New York was fictional. Blacks weren't hanged in New York since the riots never happened. Oh the riots in 1900 in New York never happened either.

And the Springield Illinois riots never happened either. Preposterous to think the North didn't welcome blacks with open arms.

Why in the world many blacks moved up North is beyond me. Couldn't any of them read the newspaper? NINA was all over the place. If the "tolerant" north wasn't hiring Irish why would they hire blacks?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:58 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
True.

However based upon disparate impact they are being racially excluded.
Hmmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lmao Jim Crow WAS big government. Without big government Jim Crow doesn't happen. Think before you post.

Who do you think eliminated Jim Crow? You aren't so ignorant to think it was black folks? Maybe you are that ignorant. Or maybe you racism is seeping through yet again. Blaming white people for Jim Crow when many didn't want it. It was forced on them by big government.

Falsely testifing, just like an ignorant democrat who can't discuss policy since that would expose the truth. Who did you learn to lie about others from? Hillary or Obama?
Unlike you I'm not the hypocrite. I'm against Jim Crow, the CRA as it pertains to private property as well as Affirmative Action. I'm very consistent while you're all over the place blaming whitey for your problems.

Truth is treason to people like you.
Jim Crow was big government on WHAT level? These were state and local laws...the very entities that folks like you claim should've never been dispossessed of their powers. The conservative rallying cry has CONSISTENTLY been "States Rights!"

You know this, and so do I. Think before you post? Hell, you to think PERIOD!

Who ended Jim Crow? Lemme tell ya buddy, we'd have Jim Crow this very day if black folks hadn't put pressure on this country's government to end it. White folks didn't acquiesce out of the goodness of their heart. They did it out of embarrassment. Were white folks involved in its demise? Yeah...but who else was supposed to be involved? Papua New Guineans? Whites were the ones practicing it in the first place. I'm not handing them cookies for helping to bring it down because they were shamed into doing it.

As to what you're for or against, I don't know about all that. That's your business.

Don't know what you're talking about with "blaming whitey" for this or that problem. You're flattering yourself. The whole "blame whitey for your problems" thing is just your attempt at relative importance to blacks. You can't cause us any problems...believe that.

I don't have any problems. And if I did, they sure as hell wouldn't be generated by white folks. Problem causing white folks aren't featured all that prominently in my day to day life...

But whatever dude.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:39 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,250,936 times
Quote:
True.

The only reason a potential NBA player is excluded is lack of talent. There is no racial exclusion. There are some talented White NBA players and some talented East Asians as well. Middle Easterners and Native Americans are not well represented in the NBA but I doubt it is racial exclusion.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:16 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times
Quote:
Whites weren't kicked out of the NBA at any point it its history. ...
Quote:
True.

desertdetroiter has made many stellar points to consider in this thread, IMHO MVP.

Are you contemplating starting your own protest movement? If so, don't use White Basketball Players Matter, it's all too likely to be misunderstood.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:17 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Why in the world many blacks moved up North is beyond me. Couldn't any of them read the newspaper? NINA was all over the place. If the "tolerant" north wasn't hiring Irish why would they hire blacks?
African Americans went up North because they felt like it. In this country, Americans have freedom of movement.

Now I realize that a white person from a southern state might be a bit miffed as to why blacks would leave Sweet Dixie and the aroma of magnolia for better opportunities in strange places with names like Ohio and Minnesota, but really...think about it. It ain't all that hard to figure out.

Just look around you and think about the folks you know. It'll all start to make sense.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:20 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Everyone is a special snowflake. Were the LGBT students invited? Of course, I assume they had to be white, but that's beside the point.
You really didn't just ask that? Obviously you didn't read anything about this. I'm gonna just leave it here. Have a nice evening!

Old 04-12-2016, 08:41 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,643,477 times
Some people are just aren't happy unless they can find some reason to be "offended". And then they have to find somebody to blame. Good grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies