Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:13 PM

6 posts, read 21,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I saw this as well, I was taken aback. I think she should be fired and charged with assualt. Pure and simple.

I don't see how they can justify keeping her on the force after that shamless display. My heart went out to the young man she treated in this way. I just can't fathom what posessed her to do something like this other then a complete and total lack of a brain.

From what I understand, at this time there is no plan to charge her or fire her.
it is irritating and infuriating that we are still stuck here in the race s--t hole!i think the media plays on everything and it is extremely hard to get at the truth anymore...however....thanks to the age of electronics....the video says it all....good grief...if they have no news, they serve up lame jokes and exaggerate the weather!...

as to fathoming what possessed the black woman...i remind you of the O.J. Simpson jury who stood for justice and handed down revenge instead....that wasn't your occasional one or two racially biased blacks...it was 12.....who? i ask you!...are the racist today...here...in the 21st century!?......even God doesn't hold me responsible for my fathers sins...yet, through i've never injured black or white or any other color...12 blacks decided to punish me...someone they've never seen...because it was meant to hurt me and it did and it hurt us all!!!!....this is when we must all scream for justice when black, white, red or green...takes away our social justice...i hope besides this blog....some of us have called the senators and congressmen in florida and voiced our feelings...because it does make a difference when we voice our revulsion....thanks for the listen....1966sonolite...oh yes...and p.s. if it had been a black policeman and a black quadriplegic...it would have been much different too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966sonolite View Post
it is irritating and infuriating that we are still stuck here in the race s--t hole!i think the media plays on everything and it is extremely hard to get at the truth anymore...however....thanks to the age of electronics....the video says it all....good grief...if they have no news, they serve up lame jokes and exaggerate the weather!...

as to fathoming what possessed the black woman...i remind you of the O.J. Simpson jury who stood for justice and handed down revenge instead....that wasn't your occasional one or two racially biased blacks...it was 12.....who? i ask you!...are the racist today...here...in the 21st century!?......even God doesn't hold me responsible for my fathers sins...yet, through i've never injured black or white or any other color...12 blacks decided to punish me...someone they've never seen...because it was meant to hurt me and it did and it hurt us all!!!!....this is when we must all scream for justice when black, white, red or green...takes away our social justice...i hope besides this blog....some of us have called the senators and congressmen in florida and voiced our feelings...because it does make a difference when we voice our revulsion....thanks for the listen....1966sonolite...oh yes...and p.s. if it had been a black policeman and a black quadriplegic...it would have been much different too!
You seem very offended at the actions of a black woman dumping a white man out of his wheelchair, are you this offended when its a white officer beating a black man?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 PM

762 posts, read 1,595,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You can bet that if this was a black guy dumped by a white woman she would have already been out the door!
What does this have to do with race.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 PM

6 posts, read 21,202 times
for me...the answer is yes...i feel just as mad and upset when a white dumps a black...for most of us who grew up in the '60's...we throught it had ended...it did for the hippies...then it dragged on and on by the white elite in the south and anywhere man thought subjucating another human being is an econimical, political or power advantage....but now...for cryin'-out-loud...we are in the 21st. Century!!!!...didn't star-trek deal with this...why can't some of us get past this garbage...will we tolerate people who will fight to the death for every un-truth....it reminds me of people being put to death for believing and teaching the world was round...and that wasn't that long ago....we are all one people....look at the tribe doo doo going on over in iraq...and these are educated people...but they are stupid....educated and stupid...what a shame.....probablly like this person who feels the need to believe it is o.k. to dump someone on the floor whether in a wheel chair or not...someone who isn't resisting...yeikes...i say.....it does seem that more people have compasion that not...but how many called or wrote their congressman?...

Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Folks, its the unions. Retired cop here and the police unions have a death grip on the management and political process in this country.
I have personally seen the unions represent police who have done much much worse than that cop did in Florida.
Im not anti union by a long shot but it really is frustrating the amount of physical abuse, lying and thieving I have seen the unions support in greivence and arbitration...........just because they are brothers of the shield.
LIke I said, retired from the shield after 25 years and a shot up leg so........I do speak with a level of observation most don't have.........

Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Whatever happened with this case? I live in Florida and it got lost in the shuffle of old news among all the other killings, beatings, burnings, stabbings going on?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 PM

26 posts, read 49,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A veteran Florida sheriff's deputy is in hot water after she was caught on video dumping a quadriplegic man out of his wheelchair while he was being booked on Jan. 29, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

The video shows Brian Sterner, 32, out of his wheelchair and on the floor while Deputy Charlotte Marshall Jones is booking him into the Hillsborough County Jail, the Web site reported.

FOXNews.com - Florida Deputies Dump Quadriplegic Man From Wheelchair - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Wow! Don't be in Florida in a wheelchair!!
I hope he fries. Sickens me to no end.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyDiesel View Post
I hope he fries. Sickens me to no end.
You hope who fries? The deputy or the man she dumped out of the wheelchair?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:05 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Both, the mean-spirited cop and the crippled criminal.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:26 PM

26 posts, read 49,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The deputy. This was completely uncalled for. If dumping a man, even if he might or might not have been a criminal, was her only option, she needs a new line of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies