Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 08:31 AM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The primary use of the AR is for target practice , home defense and competition. It always amazes me how people just don't know or want to know. There is no gun that did not get its design DNA from some military firearm. Bolt actions, look to Paul Mauser designs for the German Austrian military, Lever actions, Look to the Henry rifle designed for the Civil war. Flint locks look to the Brown Bess and other guns of the day. From the first hand cannon to todays M4. To put a line on how many rounds a mag can hold is just stupid. First off it will create a black market for these mags and criminals will get them anyway. There are literally many more millions of mags compared to guns in the USA. Ban them all? Ya that will work, NOT.

A magazine is a steel square box. How hard is it for a 3d printer to make up one or for someone with a metal break to bend up one? About 10 mins work. The same follower will work in a 10 round mag or a 50 round mag. The public has shown time and again that they can get around bans by being clever, such as the bullet button in Cal. mags that are compliant that can be easily changed like the 30 round attached 1022 mag.
The industry promotes them as combat and assault weapons, one of the most popular on the market due to their strategy. I don't believe they promote it as home defense gun or target practice, I'm not sure why anyone would need an AR15 for home defense in the first place

Old 04-15-2016, 08:33 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
I don't remember the constitution saying guns can only be owned for home defense...

Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Many of these weapons are so old, pre 1900, that the maker isn't alive nor is the Company. Who these morons going to go after now? The maker of the casket the gun designer is buried in?

Browning, Colt, Remington, Thompson, are all still in business, with the smaller arms makers being bought buy one of those.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Many of these weapons are so old, pre 1900, that the maker isn't alive nor is the Company. Who these morons going to go after now? The maker of the casket the gun designer is buried in?
The liberal social justice warriors will find someone to blame as long as it isn't the person who actually pulled the trigger.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The M16 holds a lot more rounds of ammo than that rifle you pictured. A BETA Mag holds 100 rounds.

LOL, I'm sure a skilled killer could take out the enemy with toothbrushes and toilet paper.

Talk about hyperbole..!

The original M-16, had a 20+1 capacity. But the Beta-Mag changed that.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:47 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ridiculous. If he had used a Ford truck to run over his victims could the families sue Ford?
My thoughts exactly. Priscilla Ford killed six people a critically injured 23 with her lincoln Continental. Thanksgivi g day 1980 That was one of the more infamous vehicular homicides, but here there have been a LOT of them. Why no blame on the car makers? what about suing Boeing for 911? Makes as much sense. Or maybe the fertilizer more a d fuel refiner who make McVekys materials. This is just plain moronic. There is NO legal precedence for this, and any judge willing to hear it in his court should be recused fort bias on behalf of the plaintiffs.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The liberal social justice warriors will find someone to blame as long as it isn't the person who actually pulled the trigger.
Lawyers of all political views will find someone to blame that has $$$, the only thing that matters in these suits.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:51 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
It's really sad that despite the facts that gun owners are more likely to die from gun violence, this keeps happening. Like a drug user thinking "yeah but addiction won't happen to ME."
They keep saying it because it's a lie that was debunked years ago that gun owners are more likely to die than anyone else, of course being a lie doesn't prevent anti gun nuts from repeating the fantasy over and over and over.

That fairy tale was based on ONE study of 3 small neighborhoods that had vastly higher rates of crime and people with felony convictions, which the anti gun nuts then extrapolated out to the rest of the country. Don't let the facts get in the way of your fantasy of dangerous gun owners.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:18 AM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The M16 holds a lot more rounds of ammo than that rifle you pictured. A BETA Mag holds 100 rounds.

LOL, I'm sure a skilled killer could take out the enemy with toothbrushes and toilet paper.

Talk about hyperbole..!

Let this stick in your craw. I've seen a guy take two AK drum mags, weld them together to fit a PSL. 100 round drum mag in 7.62 x 54 and it took him 15 minutes to create.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 AM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The industry promotes them as combat and assault weapons, one of the most popular on the market due to their strategy. I don't believe they promote it as home defense gun or target practice, I'm not sure why anyone would need an AR15 for home defense in the first place
Exactly, when they can just use a mini-14

Oh the logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies