Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 02:21 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I truly believe that most women could spot the difference, no matter how subtle, pretty damn quick. We're cagey, observant creatures.

And frankly, if a straight perv needs to go through THAT level of effort just for the scant chance of sighting a naked boob, I'd probably throw them a peek, just to take one for the team.

Then I'd beat his ass.
You may be able to tell the difference, but the law doesn't. A man who claims to be TG (and isn't) has the same rights as a man who is.

As for men "going to that length", you do realize that men go to much greater lengths to see "a naked boob" and worse?

Old 04-15-2016, 02:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Everyone that says they would have no problem with it would change their tune in an instant as soon as some perv used these new laws to get in and start recording them like already has happened.

So true. And as much as I'd like to think that I or one of my daughters could beat up the pervert who decides to take advantage of the law, how likely is it that I'm going to win against a man who is bigger then me? I'm not interested in taking that chance by making it easier for perverts to come into the women's locker room or restroom.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:33 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
You're at the gym, spa, wherever there's a shared locker room situation.

You're standing at your locker, nude, topless or in the process of getting dressed. The person next to you starts up a conversation but you notice their voice sounds odd.

You look over at them, the person looks female, has longer hair, has applied make-up, etc. But then you notice, they're nude and have a penis.

Are you OK with this?
I suspect the odds this sort of question would be posed by a woman vs a man are low, and perhaps the person who posted this question has nothing better to do than to dwell on such things, but here I am bothering to comment, so who am I to judge...

I am a man, so I guess the question is not posed to me directly, but I enjoyed reading all the comments, apparently from females, essentially to explain this is a non-issue, also unfortunately squelching the fantasy that women frolic around in bathrooms topless. Oh well...

I just feel inclined to add that I have seen far more that anyone might consider offensive or "crossing that line" on public streets than ever close in any bathroom, and haven't we all? At least anyone who has lived in a large metropolitan area has seen pretty much everything.

Our concerns need to be over safety, period, sexual predators in this context, not these poor people who are struggling with their sexual identity, plus bigotry, prejudice and ignorance to add to their troubles...

With a certain lack of ignorance, I think the least of our concerns when it comes to a sexual predator is a she man in a bathroom. Someone wants to rape or sexually abuse someone, those people in those bathrooms would not rank high on my list of what to concern ourselves with.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:44 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I notice a trend from you. You allow one form of bad behavior because there are worse forms of bad behavior. So, I say "people shouldn't punch each other" and you say "killing someone is worse than punching them".

Therefore punching is okay?
No. I'm saying that people being concerned about tg people in bathrooms is ridiculous. And for posters to pretend they are concerned about it "for the safety of women", are flat out lying hypocrits. The incidences of tg people committing crimes against women in bathrooms is so small as to be a non issue compared to the risk of assault, murder or rape from straight men, in any other surrounding, including bathrooms. Where is all of the outrage and concern from men about the thousands of women raped by straight men on college campuses, and abducted and killed while walking to their cars. Those risks are real, and much higher. This law does nothing.

The risk TO a tg person forced to use a bathroom that doesn't match how they present their gender is higher than the risk to women by allowing them to use the bathroom that matches how they present.
And the law (requiring you use the bathroom of the physical gender you were born with) would make it that people who were born women, and transitioned to a man, complete with a new penis, would now be forced to use women's restrooms. So you would now have people who identify as males, complete with penises, but were born female, forced to use women's bathrooms. So it doesnt solve anything.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:55 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
No. I'm saying that people being concerned about tg people in bathrooms is ridiculous. And for posters to pretend they are concerned about it "for the safety of women", are flat out lying hypocrits. The incidences of tg people committing crimes against women in bathrooms is so small as to be a non issue compared to the risk of assault, murder or rape from straight men, in any other surrounding, including bathrooms. Where is all of the outrage and concern from men about the thousands of women raped by straight men on college campuses, and abducted and killed while walking to their cars. Those risks are real, and much higher. This law does nothing.

The risk TO a tg person forced to use a bathroom that doesn't match how they present their gender is higher than the risk to women by allowing them to use the bathroom that matches how they present.
But you are missing an important piece of this: the fact that this law which is intended to help transgendered people will be abused by the very (non-transgendered) people you say we should worry about.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So true. And as much as I'd like to think that I or one of my daughters could beat up the pervert who decides to take advantage of the law, how likely is it that I'm going to win against a man who is bigger then me? I'm not interested in taking that chance by making it easier for perverts to come into the women's locker room or restroom.
Your daughter is more at risk of being molested by a male relative than a stranger. Do you forbid her having contact with any male friends or relatives?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
But you are missing an important piece of this: the fact that this law which is intended to help transgendered people will be abused by the very (non-transgendered) people you say we should worry about.
They are doing it now. Without any law. This law does nothing except put tg people at risk. And you haven't addressed that the law would make it so people born women, but transitioned to men, complete with parts, would be forced to use women's bathrooms. So what's to stop a man in a woman's bathroom, dressed as a man, from saying, "I was born a woman". Nothing. So the law accomplishes nothing, except to put tg people at more risk.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:27 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I find it ironic that straight men have more of an issue with who goes into a woman's bathroom than women themselves. How about that?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
No. Bathrooms with stalls are one thing. Undressing in a locker room is quite another. Often there are little girls in the locker room.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:56 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
The scenario in the OP is pure male fantasy about what happens in women's locker rooms.

In a more realistic scenario, if I accidentally caught a peek of penis while an obviously trans person was changing in the same locker room as me, I'd think, huh, and go about my business, and let her go about hers.

Am I or my family supposed to find a dick that's just dangling there minding its own business shocking or scary or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies