Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 04:55 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
The liberal double-standard: Gotta love it.

Liberal logic: take from those who went to college and worked hard to get ahead, then redistribute it to those who sit around drinking and popping out kids left and right. Gotta love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 04:58 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Liberal logic: take from those who went to college and worked hard to get ahead, then redistribute it to those who sit around drinking and popping out kids left and right. Gotta love it.
Can you shorten that up a bit? Doesn't quite fit on the bumper sticker I'm thinking to print and sell back to you folks...

Old 04-20-2016, 05:13 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Can you shorten that up a bit? Doesn't quite fit on the bumper sticker I'm thinking to print and sell back to you folks...
Careful, that would make you an entrepreneur and put you at risk of catching Conservative cooties.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:58 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I see Christians use the Old Testament to justify a point of view all the time. This argument is pathetic. Unless you'll use that equally, if not more, absurd argument of: "well, they aren't real Christians."
That's okay. They'll pay a price for that later.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:00 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Trying to understand the liberal mindset is one of the great mysteries of life. It can't be done by a rational person.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:14 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And right wingers are child molesters, adulterers, and war mongers.
I dunno. They seem to have a lot of thieves, scammers, welchers and charlatans too.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trying to understand the liberal mindset is one of the great mysteries of life. It can't be done by a rational person.
So is trying to understand conservatism especially when religion comes into play. You want small government except when it deals with reproductive rights.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Liberal is a broad word, but in general, liberals live by the basic philosophy that everyone's conditions should always be improving, to contrast that with the conservatives which is that everyone's individual freedom should be as untouched as possible.

Since the topic is on liberals, can I ask what specifically you aren't understanding?

If it helps, read some of the work of John Rawls. He more or less sums up what Democrats think like. It's not perfect, but it's reasonably close. His basic economic theory, for example, is a regulated economy who's main goal is economic growth and that the condition of people is not to be sacrificed for the sake of what is profitable; he would say economic inequality is ok so long as the worst off still have their conditions improved.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:25 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
As a Korean-American, I can't just waltz into an Italian restaurant demanding they prepare me a meal of Kimchi and Bulgogi. This is in effect what gay couples are forcing Christian bakeries to do. If gays want a gay wedding cake they need to go to a place that makes them.
That's not the same at all.

An Italian restaurant does not have the ingredients or knowledge to make Kimchi and Bulgogi.

A baker of cakes has the knowledge and ingredients to make a wedding cake.

Your post should be embarrassing.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
As a Korean-American, I can't just waltz into an Italian restaurant demanding they prepare me a meal of Kimchi and Bulgogi. This is in effect what gay couples are forcing Christian bakeries to do. If gays want a gay wedding cake they need to go to a place that makes them.
The only way this makes sense at all is if "Christian" bakeries refer to themselves as that. For instance, Sweet Cakes by Melissa should have been "Christian Cakes by Melissa" or "Fundamental Baptist Cakes by Melissa."

Italian restaurants serve a product, Italian Food. If a fundamentalist Christian baker wants to serve cakes only for fundamentalist Christian weddings, they need to brand themselves as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies