Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 03:47 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times

Advertisements

Right. Just read, view what agrees with your worldview. A very narrow worldview, no doubt.

Right. Leroy, the arbiter of OP requirements. Of course, due to your very limited worldview, you missed a legit story. Until, someone else had the hold your little hand and spoon feed you from, An officially approved Leroy source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yeah sorry I don't read right-wing nutjob blogs.

And when someone posts a thread, it is their responsibility to provide sources. Not mine to go dig them up.

That said -- someone was nice enough to post a link to a credible source, and I did read about the topic. No thanks to you or the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 08:37 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Have you seen the movie
Operative word ... "movie". You use la la land tripe as a source? What a pity.

El Nox

Old 04-21-2016, 08:25 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Operative word ... "movie". You use la la land tripe as a source? What a pity.

El Nox
Um...you should read what I wrote after it:

Quote:
On the bold there are many racially charged issues every year on college campuses. Have you seen the movie "Dear White People?" At the end of the film they show recent, real racially charged events that occured on various college campuses throughout the US.
FWIW movies can be utilized as sources. Plenty of people put up youtube videos around here as a source and ironically, I wasn't attempting to prove anything with my post, so the movie was not referenced as a "source." It was only a topic of conversation. Quit taking everything as an attack. It is a funny movie BTW. And the point I was making was in the second paragraph of my post:

Quote:
Most colleges/universities are pretty active in combatting these sorts of issues and others amongst their student bodies. When they are not, students may protest. This is what occurred at Mizzou. I personally do believe it was the administration, mostly due to knowing that these sorts of issues are at all mainstream colleges/universities, yet they never go that far due to the proactive response/statements from the administrators.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:34 AM

Also, if you want information on racially charged events on college campuses specific to black Americans (there are many others that focus on other ethnicities/skin color or that is gender bias or discriminatory to LGBT persons) please see "source."

Campus Racial Incidents - The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education

Some examples of headlines from 2015:

Race related assault on East Carolina University
Racist graffitti painted on walls of chapel at Northwestern University
Fairchild University holds a "ghetto themed" party (this one was national news)
Black high school students touring Texas A&M University accosted with racial slurs
Racial Slur found on restroom door at the University of Iowa
Black Student at Lewis & Clark states he was beaten by whites yelling racial slurs

As stated, there are racial events at nearly all colleges/universities. The difference between those who have huge protests like what occurred at Mizzou and those who have these issues and don't suffer any overt media focus is the fact that the administrators at those universities go out of their way to listen and handle the concerns in order to ensure they receive no negative backlash. The former administrators at Mizzou did not do a satisfactory job.

Also as stated in another post on this thread, many colleges/universities are having the same issues in regards to budgets as Mizzou today due to lack of enrollment. I personally do not believe that the financial issues at Mizzou are directly attributable to the protests based on the above.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:16 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
FWIW movies can be utilized as sources. Plenty of people put up youtube videos around here as a source and ironically, I wasn't attempting to prove anything with my post, so the movie was not referenced as a "source." It was only a topic of conversation. Quit taking everything as an attack. It is a funny movie BTW. And the point I was making was in the second paragraph of my post:
For the record ... three things:

1. Youtube videos can be funny, and I have seen a few but by the nature of the posting method ... seeing should not be confused with believing. Somehow, I think you might agree with that ... but I could be wrong.

2. I don't don't know if you've seen the movie, "Behind Enemy Lines II" and like your movie it had 'news takeouts' at the end. I tried to research the takeouts (which appeared genuine) and could not find anything. This doesn't mean they don't exist, just that ol' dad couldn't find anything like what they claimed. Hence my skepticism about movie trailers.

3. "Quit taking everything as an attack" is based upon YOUR ASSumption as to how I took it. Granted there seems to be absolutely no love lost between us, but if you look at my moniker, I still hold to the belief that IT'S POLITICS, NOT PERSONAL. I still hold the opinion of la la land tripe (which includes the movie I referenced).

El Nox

Old 04-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
For the record ... three things:

1. Youtube videos can be funny, and I have seen a few but by the nature of the posting method ... seeing should not be confused with believing. Somehow, I think you might agree with that ... but I could be wrong.

2. I don't don't know if you've seen the movie, "Behind Enemy Lines II" and like your movie it had 'news takeouts' at the end. I tried to research the takeouts (which appeared genuine) and could not find anything. This doesn't mean they don't exist, just that ol' dad couldn't find anything like what they claimed. Hence my skepticism about movie trailers.

3. "Quit taking everything as an attack" is based upon YOUR ASSumption as to how I took it. Granted there seems to be absolutely no love lost between us, but if you look at my moniker, I still hold to the belief that IT'S POLITICS, NOT PERSONAL. I still hold the opinion of la la land tripe (which includes the movie I referenced).

El Nox
On the bold, the movie I referenced states when and where the incidents occurred so they are easily verified.

I assumed you felt it was an attack, because, for one, I was not speaking to you when I made the post and you took it upon yourself to chop up my post for your desired "well but(t)" response. I have no problems making an assumption. I'm frequently called a smarta$$ and I agree that my a$$ is pretty smart .

Old 04-23-2016, 04:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
All I needed to see was the video of the University of Missouri professor telling an Asian student reporter that he couldn't ask questions on campus and then "calling for muscle" to throw him out.

That was enough to convince me that the university has failed and is not worth attending.

It's ironic, because the University of Missouri was once considered to be one of the best schools in the country....for journalism.

As for the alleged "racial incidents," many are false flags.

It's all Kabuki Theater -- whites have to atone for being white.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-23-2016 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-23-2016, 05:31 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Only a return to segregation is what will make these folks happy is my guess?

I don't suppose that colleges teach the history of MLK?

Consequences: After Enabling Black Lives Matter Thugs, Mizzou Now in DEEP Financial Trouble | The PolitiStick
Maybe the moron faculty will have to go out into the world and get real jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
All I needed to see was the video of the University of Missouri professor telling an Asian student reporter that he couldn't ask questions on campus and then "calling for muscle" to throw him out.

That was enough to convince me that the university has failed and is not worth attending.

It's ironic, because the University of Missouri was once considered to be one of the best schools in the country....for journalism.

As for the alleged "racial incidents," many are false flags.

It's all Kabuki Theater -- whites have to atone for being white.
That is the problem with so called journalism today, it's a field reserved for the mentally challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies