Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 10:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

I suppose those speaking other languages in the US (on planes or otherwise) are under the foolish impression that the First Amendment protects all speech, not just English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 10:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
This guy could be christian, you know... There are a lot of christian refugees from Iraq.
Mideasterners are unaware that many ignorant Americans consider anyone from the Mideast to be muslim.

It will be different when someone who thinks like Trump gets to be president. Then everyone will have to wear arm bands to identify their religion in order to know who should be discriminated against and who is 'ok'.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:16 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If the captain decides that liberals are evil and kicks you off the plane, you have no recourse.
Most pilots are right wing Republicans - many are ex-military. Left leaning pilots know it's best to let them yack on and not engage.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:07 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Ok we get it, liberals, it was wrong to take him off the plane, he broke no law. But don't you think he should of thought about where he was. A lot of people are nervous about flying if everything is perfect, let alone if some 20something is talking Arabic next to you. Why can't he be more aware of his surroundings, as a courtesy.
We all, or should, act different depending on who is around us, don't we? I talk different around the guys then I do in a business setting. I drive different when grandma is in the car. I don't talk about the great deal I got on gun powder when I'm in line at security at the airport. What has happened to common sense?
So RUDE of him to be brown in public!! He should wear a burka to cover that melanin up!! Oh wait...

Old 04-17-2016, 12:10 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
It was a set up, and the airline fell right into it. The student just happens to be a Political Science major at Berkeley, one of the most liberal schools in the country. And he just happened to be phoning "an uncle" from the plane to discuss ISIS, ending the call with Inshallah. On a crowded plane. Yeah, right.

If a white person says the word, "bomb" on a plane, he will be hastily removed for questioning. It's stupid, but that's just the way it is now. So what we have here are educated, privileged immigrants who set up phony discrimination scenarios using tactics that are borderline suspicious, then call in the media to make themselves famous. Rinse, repeat, until the whole country is afraid to look at a dark skinned person the wrong way, regardless of how suspicious they appear. My only question is what is their motivation. Money? Fame? Conditioning society to always give Arabs a free walk no matter what? Most likely, all of the above. And we are falling right into it.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
When a Christian American can visit Syria or Iraq or Somalia and pray openly in ISIL territory without getting his head chopped off get back to me...

Old 04-17-2016, 12:42 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Due to the actions of a small minority of Islamic terrorists, there are a few words which are now basically the same as yelling "fire" in a theatre. I bet 99.9999% of Muslims are not terrorists, are not a danger, and are simply victims of profiling. But it always works that way - one bad apple spoils the bunch.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:42 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times
What did Saddam do to his father??

Old 04-17-2016, 12:45 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
When a Christian American can visit Syria or Iraq or Somalia and pray openly in ISIL territory without getting his head chopped off get back to me...
Because that's the level of civility the US should aspire to, right?

Old 04-17-2016, 12:46 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So now we have the language police. So much for individual freedom if the mob of squirrel people get frightened.
Arabic speakers could just change "Inshallah" for "'Murica". Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies