Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US engineer a coup d'etat in Israel like we did in Chile, Vietnam, Guatemala, etc.?
Yes 4 10.00%
No 35 87.50%
Not sure 0 0%
The US engineered coups in those countries? 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 05:15 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIGUY View Post
No thanks

I'd rather give the Israelis 3 B in gift cards they have to shop with at Lockheed and Raytheon.
Why? Think of all the money Israel would save not having to protect itself from Hamas. Israel wouldn't need the Iron Dome and they wouldn't have to buy the missiles for it from the US. Israel would need much fewer jets, tanks, etc. Israel spends $15 Billion of it's own money on defense. Think of all the Billions it could save. And best of all the UN will stop making stupid resolutions related to the Gaza Strip as the Arabs won't be there anymore.

Can we get a redo of 1967 where the Jews would have evicted all the Arabs from the two territories in the same way all the Jews were evicted from the two territories in 1949?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 05:17 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Any politician who says the country doesn't spy on other countries is either lying or ignorant. we spy on each other, as friends, as allies.

Israel has every single right defending herself, Countries are 'friendly' because their interests are aligned.

This said, let's say Israel is under attack, do I want to send my loved ones over there to die for them? what do you think? I ain't an idiot.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:39 PM

234 posts, read 202,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Why? Think of all the money Israel would save not having to protect itself from Hamas. Israel wouldn't need the Iron Dome and they wouldn't have to buy the missiles for it from the US. Israel would need much fewer jets, tanks, etc. Israel spends $15 Billion of it's own money on defense. Think of all the Billions it could save. And best of all the UN will stop making stupid resolutions related to the Gaza Strip as the Arabs won't be there anymore.

Can we get a redo of 1967 where the Jews would have evicted all the Arabs from the two territories in the same way all the Jews were evicted from the two territories in 1949?
Sarcasm my friend. That is what the smilies are for.

However, I'm sure it would be a cold day in hell before Egypt would agree to 1) taking in all the Gazans or 2) giving up the Sinai.

W/ regards to the 67 evictions I'm sure that would have made Israel's life much MUCH simpler. Just like a band-aid, best to just rip it off and be done with it than do it slowly and painfully.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Default Should the US do to Netanyahu what it did to Allende

My answer is basically Why play their game?? They know full well that American's have their backs..bail them out/provide fundings for their "DOME" of protection from bombs being lobbed into Israel..

But really bothers me, as I have never witnessed anything like it before..that Benjamin decided to INSERT himself into American Politics by speaking in the HOUSE!! against the Iran deal....I asked myself why?? and pretty quik saw exactly what he was doing~~~ Pulling a GOP tactic..create FEAR..thus get votes!!! I't an actual OLD "Playbook" tactic and surprised it worked in this day and age..BUT it worked for Benji

Anyway, Benji used Congress, who HATE BO..to advance his "Homeland" agenda and Congress given similar agenda embraced it!! Beniji is looking after himself and his political agenda for the time..BUT actually proved to the American's that Israel ( tho Bengi doesn't represent the Jewish state historically given treaties and compacts and agreements)..I lost ALL respect for this Bomba UN presentation about 5 years ago and his RED LINE /Iran on presuppose of Nuclear armament blah blah....

Fast foreward..Syria even tho exploding..they used WMD on their own..and Yep..finally Russia assisted in negotiation to get rid of their chemical weapons..meanwhile GOP claims BO was WEAK?????? Anyway....I have to assume since GOP has never compromised on anything substantive since Nov. 2008...I guess they forgot how "Negotiation" works

AS for question > I did not vote as it's a silly notion

But Benji now has lost a lot of respect (internationally) ..and I, in no way excuse those militant Hamas folks...There has to be some sort of "Off Ramp" to be negotiated..tho realize the generational ideologues who have radicalized younger generations...

It's a mess that's been there for yikes 56+ years..and it will not end without negotiation...This I'm right..THEIR WRONG and never the twain ( attitude) will meet has to be resolved!! Ohh wait..almost 6 decades+ resolving isn't going to ever happen with Benji in charge!! IMO

Old 04-20-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Sarcasm my friend. That is what the smilies are for.

However, I'm sure it would be a cold day in hell before Egypt would agree to 1) taking in all the Gazans or 2) giving up the Sinai.

W/ regards to the 67 evictions I'm sure that would have made Israel's life much MUCH simpler. Just like a band-aid, best to just rip it off and be done with it than do it slowly and painfully.
Sarcasm is my friend too.

Egypt can give the Gazans some lovely lake front property surrounding Toshka Lakes. I'm sure they would enjoy it in it's peaceful quiet surroundings. Egypt would probably saves Millions that it spends to deal with all the problems it has in the Sinai. I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate to dump the land.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Israel gets back the Sinai, Egypt gets all the Palestinians from Gaza, all the Arabs residing in the Sinai and the US gets to keep their Debit Card. Deal?
I'm an American...and not a Jew or an Arab.That's not my deal to make. Lol..

I just want my 3 billion from Israel and 2 billion from Egypt. Do what you want to do to each other outside of that.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:39 PM

234 posts, read 202,118 times
Quote:
Sarcasm is my friend too.

Egypt can give the Gazans some lovely lake front property surrounding Toshka Lakes. I'm sure they would enjoy it in it's peaceful quiet surroundings. Egypt would probably saves Millions that it spends to deal with all the problems it has in the Sinai. I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate to dump the land.
Why do you think Egypt doesnt just annex Gaza now?

Too much trouble for nothing in return? If they just went in and did a full crack down it probably would save them major headache in the future.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Why do you think Egypt doesn't just annex Gaza now?

Too much trouble for nothing in return? If they just went in and did a full crackdown it probably would save them major headache in the future.
$2 Billion from the US and they are currently busy bulldozing their half of Rafah and moving them somewhere else.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm an American...and not a Jew or an Arab.That's not my deal to make. Lol..

I just want my 3 billion from Israel and 2 billion from Egypt. Do what you want to do to each other outside of that.
You mean you are an American and not a Egyptian or a Israeli. Since the US penned this contract, If Egypt and Israel lose something related to it, then the US must also lose something it gained from the contract like paying full rate fees to Egypt to use the Suez Canal, paying Israel rent and for security for the arms storage depot it has in Israel, paying Israel rent and for security for the listening station and paying Israel maintance fees related to both locations. The US would also have to pay all those termination fees for contract terminations to multiple US companies since that money paid for those armaments came from the US and probably have to purchase all the stuff built for Israel since Israel will not be making the payment for them. I can't wait for the the US Military sale of surplus military equipment at highly discounted prices. I could really use another BNIB diesel powered generator on a trailer that can power the house (and a few neighbors) for an extended time period (much better than a generac).

BTW, you forgot the Billion Jordan gets.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:57 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Israel is effectively a dependency of the US. They act irresponsibly and we have to clean up after their messes. While the Israelis are generally good people, of all faiths, their government is composed of irresponsible parasites, who spy on us and take advantage of our naivete. Given that we get blamed for their shenanigans towards their neighbors, and given that they ask us to take in refugees from their neighborhood who they will not consider taking in, regime change is in order. Should Obama, in his last months in office, consider dealing with Netanyahu in the same way that Kennedy dealt with Diem and that Nixon dealt with Allende?

How about if we overthrow Iran instead? The entire world would benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies