Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 04:24 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Along with all the Washingtons, Lincolns, Hamiltons, old Jacksons, etc. All worthless.
Better give yours to the parakeet and let her build a nest out of them. Or, better yet, give them to me and I'll buy her a nice polyester nest with them.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Better give yours to the parakeet and let her build a nest out of them. Or, better yet, give them to me and I'll buy her a nice polyester nest with them.
I was being sarcastic.

Lurker said:

Quote:
And when that does happen all those Harriet Tubman's will be worthless.
Lurker was implying that ONLY $20s would be worthless.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:23 PM

684 posts, read 514,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I was being sarcastic.

Lurker said:

Lurker was implying that ONLY $20s would be worthless.

I assumed it would be apparently obvious that all bills / monies would be worthless if there was a bankruptcy not just the Tubman's but I digress. Remember this thread is about the $20.00 bill and thats what I was talking about

Old 04-23-2016, 07:48 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hahaha, sometimes great men did bad things.....so said the administrative assistant of every manipulative dictator.
I'm sure it's hard to imagine from your petty and small point of view, but if you have ever read a history book I'm sure you find this to be true. Andrew Jackson saw that at the time Indians and Americans were never going to live in peace. Indians were busy raping white women, flaying men alive and lighting them on fire, while the white men were busy killing them off by the dozens. The land used to belong to the Indians, but it was American land now so they lost out.

I'm not sure why Westerners have this unique pathology in which they feel sorry for winning and retroactively sanctify their enemies and pretend they were the righteous ones. White men were cruel and hard to be sure, but the Indians were every bit as much, if not more so. Read an unbiased textbook and historical accounts of the American frontier, it was brutal. The Indians were the American government's biggest enemy at points. What Andrew Jackson did to the Indians they would have more than loved to do to us if they had the capability. In fact, they did that and much worse to many colonists and pilgrims. Stop being such a bleeding heart ignorant liberal and understand the true history of America.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:19 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
I'm sure it's hard to imagine from your petty and small point of view, but if you have ever read a history book I'm sure you find this to be true. Andrew Jackson saw that at the time Indians and Americans were never going to live in peace. Indians were busy raping white women, flaying men alive and lighting them on fire, while the white men were busy killing them off by the dozens. The land used to belong to the Indians, but it was American land now so they lost out.

I'm not sure why Westerners have this unique pathology in which they feel sorry for winning and retroactively sanctify their enemies and pretend they were the righteous ones. White men were cruel and hard to be sure, but the Indians were every bit as much, if not more so. Read an unbiased textbook and historical accounts of the American frontier, it was brutal. The Indians were the American government's biggest enemy at points. What Andrew Jackson did to the Indians they would have more than loved to do to us if they had the capability. In fact, they did that and much worse to many colonists and pilgrims. Stop being such a bleeding heart ignorant liberal and understand the true history of America.
Again,my comment has NOTHING to do with Harriet Tubman - I think she was a kick ass brave lady who deserves to be honored.

But your bolded is spot on. This is not an attack to the brave honorable American indians either. my intention is not to offend.

I want to share these quotes

“Most have been forgotten. Most deserve to be forgotten. The heroes will always be remembered. The best. The best and the worst. And a few who were a bit of both.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Feast for Crows

“People are not born heroes or villains; they’re created by the people around them.”
― Chris Colfer

“Harvey Dent: You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”
― Harvey Dent

“You learn eventually that, while there are no villains, there are no heroes either. And until you make the final discovery that there are only human beings, who are therefore all the more fascinating, you are liable to miss something.”
― Paul Gallico

and this is my personal favorite

Heroes are more than just stories, they’re people. And people are complicated; people are strange. Nobody is a hero through and through, there’s always something in them that’ll turn sour... you’ll learn it one day. There are no heroes, only villains who win.

― Joel Cornah, The Sea-Stone Sword

Things are rarely black and white.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-23-2016 at 08:35 PM..

Old 04-23-2016, 11:19 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
The govt is going to stop making the 2 dollar bill. They will replace it with a 3 dollar bill with Bruce Jenner on it.

I see..........tie that into that old time saying???

Old 04-23-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Who uses cash in 2016??? I never have more than one or two dollars in my wallet.
I use it most of the time........

Old 04-23-2016, 11:30 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think using Tubman is a good thing.
Every time a person pulls out a $20, and look at her stern face, Harriet will ask "Are you really going to spend $20 on THAT? REALLY?
Major savings will ensue.
Friends of mine were joking about how strippers were going to feel shaking their booty for "Tubmans".

Old 04-23-2016, 11:36 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,311,159 times
I don't know why people care so much about who's face is on a piece of paper. You just have it in your pocket and spend it.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Who the hell is Harriet Tubman?

This is actually what she accomplished.............
http://www.harriettubmanbiography.co...and-facts.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies