Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 07:33 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on what? There's been NO evidence whatsoever presented to prove he violated his contract. Don't you think ESPN would be trumpeting it loud and clear if they actually had any proof?
Why would ESPN be trumpeting the precise nature of the employment contract. I'm sure if Schilling contests the firing, we'll all get a chance to see the contract provisions at issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 07:40 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Why would ESPN be trumpeting the precise nature of the employment contract.
Because that's the supposed basis for firing Schilling.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Progressives are the world's ultimate champions of sissiness. While ISIS sells women as sex slaves, western leftists are bouncing off the walls upset over the fact someone said they thought transgendered people should use the restroom of their biological sex. Progressives are a disease that make a mockery out of liberal values.
the sad thing is those of us who aren't progs and understand what kind of disgusting animals they are, are letting them get away with it.

we just sit back and cower before the sissies and let their tantrums carry the day. its time to stop that.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
You know not what you speak. Today's sports and it's athletes for example are more progressive then conservative on social issues, and today's athletes are better then anytime time before, far from being sissies.
Now speaking on bathroom, those speaking out against Schilling are doing it more so on his character and they way he put his opinion on the matter out there. He could of expressed it in a way to not appear to be bigoted against trans people. Between this and things he has said in the past his bordering on being another Jon Rocker.

nothing he said was anywhere near the Rocker comments. NOTHING.

Curt was not bigoted. that's just more Prog lies. nothing you said above represents reality. It does however well represent the PROG-Aggressive attack on people who don't think "left"

Old 04-26-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Why would ESPN be trumpeting the precise nature of the employment contract. I'm sure if Schilling contests the firing, we'll all get a chance to see the contract provisions at issue.
the deal is ESPN is run by a bunch of PROGs. you comply or die.

that's the mantra of the Prog left.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Based on what? There's been NO evidence whatsoever presented to prove he violated his contract. Don't you think ESPN would be trumpeting it loud and clear if they actually had any proof?
You really need to let this go. There are men and women who know way more than you and I do about this situation (lawyers) and made a decision that they believed was in the best interest of their company and brand. Curt had plenty of opportunities, it wasn't like he was fired for his first non-sports related, controversial statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
Liberals are not tolerant, they give scooby snacks to those who sit at their feet and agree with their stupid line of thinking. I use the word thinking with loosely with liberals.
I'm glad you used the word "thinking" loosely, since it didn't take a lot of thought to make this post. Immature and senseless bashing doesn't get your point across, it just makes it more obvious why some of you are so supportive of Schilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Being a victim of your own choices in life have consequences. Why make 99.99999% of the population bend to the demands of so few, who made a choice and now want to play the victim card.

These people existed before and there was no issue. Who knew it was a man dressed as a woman, using the womans restroom? Really who knew until they wanted to announce they are a freak of nature.
Boy, I bet you don't see the irony of what you said, huh?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You really need to let this go. There are men and women who know way more than you and I do about this situation (lawyers) and made a decision that they believed was in the best interest of their company and brand.
What they DIDN'T consider was the actual wording of Schilling's contract. So either put up, or shut up.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Because that's the supposed basis for firing Schilling.
So what ? ESPN doesn't have to prove to you or the public that it has legal grounds to fire Schilling. If Schilling challenges the firing, then I suppose the contract provisions will become public. I'll be shocked if the contract doesn't give the company very broad grounds to fire an employee.

The issue is much more what ESPN considers 'unacceptable conduct' by its personalities.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
So what ? ESPN doesn't have to prove to you or the public that it has legal grounds to fire Schilling. If Schilling challenges the firing, then I suppose the contract provisions will become public. I'll be shocked if the contract doesn't give the company very broad grounds to fire an employee.
I would be shocked if it did. Lawyers on both sides are involved in contract negotiations. Or did you somehow not know that?

The fact that ESPN has NOT been forthcoming in citing a specific contract violation is very telling.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:32 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
What they DIDN'T consider was the actual wording of Schilling's contract. So either put up, or shut up.
Why? I'm not the one questioning ESPN's decision, so it sounds like you're the one that needs to "put up, or shut up, to prove ESPN is wrong.

Have you seen his contract? Read it word for word?

ESPN doesn't need to cater to you and your obsession with why he was fired. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies