Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:57 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Can you imagine Putin coming here to campaign for Trump? Or Netanyahu for Hillary? Or Castro for Sanders?
Yes obama should shut up.
Like I said, we're not the UK. Obama spoke at a joint press conference with Cameron. He wouldn't have done that unless Cameron asked him to. Cameron asked him to because the Brits are curious about what the US thinks on any given issue.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:38 PM

1,147 posts, read 717,981 times
Brexit is between Britain and the other European Union members.

America's input in the decision isn't necessary, nor should it be valued. America's leaders and elites cannot be trusted and I think America's "allies" should be more sceptical of what America's true intentions are.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
.....It's a bully nation.....To be friends with Russia, a nation has to look the other way when they brutalize the nations on their periphery. We have to choose. Do we choose democratic nations that respect the rule of law or do we choose Russia?
But couldn't Russia say the same things about us?

We don't just bully the nations on our periphery, we go half way around the world to do it.

And respect for the rule of law...or democracy....those are fine words, but to what extent do they exist in our country when our politicians (besides Trump and Sanders) are for sale to the highest bidder?

Also, see the following post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When did we start caring about the rule of law? When we invaded other countries that did nothing to us? When we decided torture was O.K.? When we decided we could kill U.S. citizens while ignoring their Constitutionally granted due process rights?

We wiretap our "friends" phones and Russia should just trust us?
I'm no liberal, but pknobb has a point.

Quote:
We have cared about the rule of law for centuries, pk. Bush was an unfortunate aberration.
Even this is arguable.

How did Lincoln care about the rule of law?

He totally ignored the Constitution -- and that happened over 150 years ago.

He completely destroyed the notion that we are a voluntary association of sovereign states.

The "rule of law" in this country has come down to politics and power ever since.

Putin must listen to Obama and try to prevent himself from outright laughing in his face.

Don't be offended -- I'm playing devil's advocate here.

Quote:
Like I said, we're not the UK. Obama spoke at a joint press conference with Cameron. He wouldn't have done that unless Cameron asked him to. Cameron asked him to because the Brits are curious about what the US thinks on any given issue.
That's a fair point.

Cameron wants to stay in the EU.

There are good arguments on both sides.

I would like what remains of Western Civilization to stick together.

We have a bigger problem than each other now -- it's called the Third World. (And Muslims in particular....)

But this brings us to the irony that the EU and other internationalist institutions founded by the West are unwilling to resist Third World aggression by Muslims.

And so we're back to nationalist and right wing movements defending Western Civilization when it should be the EU and its member countries' leaders who are doing that.

The whole thing disgusts me....

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-24-2016 at 04:22 AM..

Old 04-24-2016, 06:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no they are not. you try to go to another country and demand your US constitutional rights and see what happens.
I'm pretty sure I just lost I.Q. points reading this.

Quote:
once you leave this country you are essentially on your own, and if you join a terrorist organization, then you are going to get the business of a missile tracking you, and perhaps killing you. you are at that point an enemy of the US and deserve what you get.
Seriously......take a class somewhere.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I just lost I.Q. points reading this....Seriously......take a class somewhere.
What he said is completely true.

I hear class starts at 8 o'clock on Monday, and the teacher will be taking attendance.

Be sure to bring your lunchbox and a notebook and pencils!

Old 04-25-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
What he said is completely true.

I hear class starts at 8 o'clock on Monday, and the teacher will be taking attendance.

Be sure to bring your lunchbox and a notebook and pencils!
What he said was irrelevant. We weren't discussing whether or not other countries will grant you your Constitutional rights. The U.S. government can not ignore them just because you leave the country.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:12 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
What he said was irrelevant. We weren't discussing whether or not other countries will grant you your Constitutional rights. The U.S. government can not ignore them just because you leave the country.
once you leave the country, you have no constitutional rights. an when you join an organization that is dedicated to taking down america, you become an enemy of the state, and since you are OUTSIDE the US, you accept the condition that you might be killed as a result of your activities. dont like it? tough, dont become a terrorist.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:17 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Barack does NOT speak for the United States. He will be gone in a few months. Barack hates the UK because they put his communist grandfather in prison years ago.

Why does the UK care what a "community organizer" from Chicago has to say about anything???

Old 04-25-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once you leave the country, you have no constitutional rights. an when you join an organization that is dedicated to taking down america, you become an enemy of the state, and since you are OUTSIDE the US, you accept the condition that you might be killed as a result of your activities. dont like it? tough, dont become a terrorist.
You most certainly do. If you were correct we could tell people overseas that they could not vote.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:16 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Obama warns against Brexit: America's business relationship with the U.K. is very special - Apr. 21, 2016

Just so the U.S. understands where the president's, and his bosses', interests really lie.

The "Tri" in Trilateral Commission--founded by Jimmy Carter's National Security Adviser and David Rockefeller--means 3 subgroupings: the EU, an NAU, and an APU.
Luckily we don't have to rely on your personal opinion, when we can read the link:

Quote:
American companies can operate anywhere in the EU as long as they establish a branch or subsidiary in one of its 28 member states.

London is the most convenient option for many firms, because of the language, huge talent pool, and easy access to the rest of Europe. The market is crucial for U.S. companies -- 30% of sales made by American companies and their affiliates in Europe are made in the U.K.

London is home to 40% of the European headquarters of the world's 250 top companies, according to a research by Deloitte. Paris hosts just 8%.

Big Wall Street banks have a lot to lose if the U.K. drops out of the EU.

Many American banks use London as a springboard for their business throughout Europe. That's because as an EU member, the U.K. has a "passport" that allows financial firms to offer services across the other 27 countries.

Leaving the EU could disrupt this link. Banks may have to establish bases elsewhere in the EU, in addition to the U.K., to continue operating across Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies