Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 05:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
They need to get off the whole abstinencemiss the only way to go route. That just is not realistic today. They stop listening when they hear that stuff.
lol, yes they do. however you have people who think teaching tem anything else but abstinence is giving them permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 05:23 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
They need to get off the whole abstinencemiss the only way to go route. That just is not realistic today. They stop listening when they hear that stuff.
Yes. That would help a great deal.

Many years ago when I first started working a girl started saying that she couldn't take birth control because it was against her religion. I had to remind her that having sex before marriage was also. Funny, how people pick and choose what they want to believe.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:26 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Everyone knows that some pregnancies result from people making poor choices. What about it? Do you think that we should punish a woman who made a bad choice in getting pregnant by forcing her to give birth knowing there's a good chance that her lack of judgment and reasoning is probably an indication of what kind of mother she will be. What the heck is that all about, tough love on steroids?
Ending a life due to "bad choices" is called manslaughter.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
not in this case.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:28 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
bald eagle eggs and a woman pregnancy can not be compared.
Yes, actually, you can. Life is life.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:35 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
"I" am not the one to decide. It is a discussion, but thank you for bringing that info to the table. I had no idea it is that early on. Wow! Personally, it would disturb me greatly to know I was involved in any way, shape or form with causing pain. 8 weeks you say? Wow!
I understand what you are saying, I've never had an abortion but I've never been in a position where I had to make a decision about it. I had two planned pregnancies and two beautiful healthy children. But I can't say what I would have done if I had found out while pregnant that one of my children had a horrible disease or condition what would have left them with a life of suffering unless I terminated the pregnancy. And I'm not sure what I would have done if I was broke and without a support system and found myself pregnant, abortion might be an awful option but if the only other choice is trying to raise a child when you can't afford to feed yourself, then under those conditions I might have opted for an abortion.

I don't pretend to have walked in the shoes of a woman who has had to make a decision about whether or not to have an abortion so I won't pass judgment on them and I won't support legislation that tries to restrict their rights. I think most women do the right thing for themselves and their children.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:36 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I wish we had sex ed for young men. for far too many generations now the men figure a woman should/will take care of it. these young boys should be responsible for the control of their own sexual encounters. some kids are proud to be parents, we need to dispel this idea in favor of school and growing up themselves.
I wish both would take care of it as if the other was not and as if they would have to be responsible for the consequences. Unfortunately, it's seems that it doesn't matter anymore. The more the better. It's like something to be proud of. How many he slept with, that is. But it takes two to tango and it isn't just the youth. Look at the slightly older generation pop culture stars setting the example for their fans to follow. It's just a recipe for disaster, so if we don't at the very least find a way to stop the pregnancy from happening, then we are going to be dealing with a lot more abortion discussions going forward.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Depends what you call a life, doesn't it? And you really should take a look at Roe V. Wade before you start trying to claim that abortion is manslaughter.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
sure you can but it's subjective. do you value eagle eggs over the value you put on a pregnant woman or are they equal? or is the fetus she carries most valuable?

Old 04-23-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Then all those embryos in IVF clinics are 'life' too, huh? Have you done anything to stop the 'murder' of all those lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies