Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 03:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I don't think Obama has done a horrible job. I don't agree with everything he has done, but the country is in a better place it was in back in January of 2009 when he moved into the White House.
Better isn't the word to use. Eight years later we are up to our neck in garbage vs up to our eyeballs? Hip Hip Hurray.

Quote:
In 2008 I lost my job in Mr. Bush's Great Recession. I couldn't find a job, had no health insurance and was afraid of losing my home - the value of which went down since 2007. Now I'm not going to lay all the blame on George W., but his involvement in foreign wars and lack of leadership as the coming Great Recession loomed cannot be denied.
Actually he did try to publicize the government managed housing market was headed for disaster but he didn't put much into it. BUT a couple times he spoke out for increased home ownership. The 2004 RNC acceptance speech.

Quote:
Obama was elected, shortly after I was working and had health insurance. I was able to refinance my beautiful Victorian home through the Making Homes Affordable Program. Home values not only recovered but have significantly appreciated; construction of skyscrapers in my region soared,
Although Obama wasn't in office when the Horrible Dream Act and subsequent actions which caused the boom/bust no doubt he would have voted for it. He's big government all the way as his votes and actions prove.
You're putting your future in the hands of the same ones who ruined the economy? Why haven't you learned?

Quote:
more people have insurance through the ACA.
At what cost? Why doesn't spending matter?

Quote:
Marriage Equality is now a reality.
Again you're promoting the same ones who wouldn't allow two people in love to get married. Why? Because they agree with you this time?

How about government stays out of our private lives and quit enforcing the tyrannical will of the majority, that includes marriage.

Quote:
That is a great triumph of civil rights over prejudice and discrimination.
This is an example of what we fought the Revolutionary War over. It wasn't to replace British tyranny with our own tyranny. Discrimination like AA?

Quote:
I'll take 2016 over 2008, thank you very much!
I'll take my freedoms over statism any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 04:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
In 2008 I lost my job in Mr. Bush's Great Recession.
It wasn't Bush's great recession, it was the Democrats' great recession.

They are the ones who caused it.

In 1999, Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo ordered Fannie and Freddie to buy $2.4 trillion in subprime loans over the next ten years.

Quote:
Now I'm not going to lay all the blame on George W., but his involvement in foreign wars and lack of leadership as the coming Great Recession loomed cannot w be denied.
Democrats supported those wars.

Both Bill and Hillary called for "regime change" in Iraq.

Quote:
Obama was elected, shortly after I was working and had health insurance. I was able to refinance my beautiful Victorian home through the Making Homes Affordable Program. Home values not only recovered but have significantly appreciated; construction of skyscrapers in my region soared, more people have insurance through the ACA.
More people have insurance only because people who can afford their own insurance are being forced to subsidize people who don't, while the insurance companies who wrote the ACA thank Obama and the Democrats for their windfall of millions of new "customers."

Obama and the Democrats are all about robbing middle class Peter to pay lower-class Pablo and Deron.

But of course, the liberal rich people like George Cloony -- no one touches them!

Quote:
Marriage Equality is now a reality. That is a great triumph of civil rights over prejudice and discrimination.
Oh, great!

Two guys can get married, and then, after the wedding announcement is published in the local newspaper, can be fired the next day for being gay by their bosses in about 29 states where discriminating against gays is still legal.

BTW, why wasn't Obama for gay marriage when he ran for President in 2008 and 2012?

He wasn't, you know.

Why wasn't Hillary for it in 2008?

Why wasn't Bill for it in 1992 and 1996?

Why did Bill advocate DOMA and Don't Ask Don't Tell?

Hell, arch-conservative Republican Barry Goldwater advocated for gay rights before Bill, Hillary and Obama did!

Such courage!

Such principle!

Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
You know nothing of Islam. Leaving Islam makes you an apostate subject to death by any and all moslems. You would have us believe that this apostate was allowed near enough to the Saudi King to bow and kiss his ring?

Methinks you should learn a little about Islam before you continue to make galactically silly posts.

El Nox
Pretty funny.

I will freely admit my knowledge of Islam is limited, but I do know a lot about Christianity and as I wrote in the post you replied to whatever Obama did as a child has no bearing on whether he is a Christian today.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I second your prediction, but when you realize you picked a loser, try booze to easy your troubled mind.
I enjoy good booze. Come November, I won't be troubled, but I'll likely be highly amused at the psychotic spittle-spewing from the right. Might go ahead and drink to that. Maybe a Johnny Walker Black or Lagavulin.

Quote:
Once Trump becomes president, you will wonder why you ever considered backing a corrupt liar, Ms Kankles...
Trump could visit the White House as a guest and pretend to be president for a few minutes. That's as close as he'll get.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:59 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Pretty funny.

I will freely admit my knowledge of Islam is limited, but I do know a lot about Christianity and as I wrote in the post you replied to whatever Obama did as a child has no bearing on whether he is a Christian today.
Once a moslem, always a moslem. Penalty for departure ... death ... allah demands it. Your ideas about Christianity are probably correct. Suggest you read a little about islam before you continue to make erroneous statements.

El Nox

Old 05-12-2016, 08:53 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Once a moslem, always a moslem. Penalty for departure ... death ... allah demands it. Your ideas about Christianity are probably correct. Suggest you read a little about islam before you continue to make erroneous statements.

El Nox
B. Hussein Obama may well not be a Muslim. He was however educated in a madrassah and has adopted the Third World narrative of West/Christians/Jews bad and oppressors, Muslims victims.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:18 AM

788 posts, read 512,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There's no better place to make this point than Mississippi. A state that's been historically an antagonist in the fight for civil rights...

Michelle Obama Just Called Out Racist Republicans For Smearing Her Husband, Congratulated Him for Rising Above
That's laughable. Obama smeared America with his particularly-vile filth since long before he infested the White House.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:55 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
B. Hussein Obama may well not be a Muslim. He was however educated in a madrassah and has adopted the Third World narrative of West/Christians/Jews bad and oppressors, Muslims victims.
Are you forgetting that the POS bowed and kissed the Saudi Kings ring? No apostate muzzie would ever be allowed to do that. You also forget his comment to George Step... about this "Moslem Faith" and had to be corrected to say "Christian". He is indeed a moslem and when you look at how he is responding to the ME crisis [even refusing to say islamic terrorism] it only begins to identify our future problems.

El Nox

Old 05-13-2016, 06:34 PM

788 posts, read 512,104 times
Quote:
Are you forgetting that the POS bowed and kissed the Saudi Kings ring? No apostate muzzie would ever be allowed to do that. You also forget his comment to George Step... about this "Moslem Faith" and had to be corrected to say "Christian". He is indeed a moslem and when you look at how he is responding to the ME crisis [even refusing to say islamic terrorism] it only begins to identify our future problems.

El Nox
This ^^^!!!

Old 05-13-2016, 07:19 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Obama the sicko.. pushing his bathroom use by anyone to any bathroom or anyone to any shower or locker room.. this guy has to go and good riddance you closet versatile homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies