Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
That caught my eye too. Kind of puts the lie to, "It's just a fetus.", and, "It's not a human life we are taking." I guess the ever selfish, "It is my body...", trumps it all. Inadvertent pun there.
It "puts the lie to" nothing, it describes a chemical reaction and explains why it can be sensed visually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Pretty amazing. A miracle, anyone but those in complete denial has to recognize it.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg
Or perhaps just a chemical reaction?

Old 04-26-2016, 07:46 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Why is it so important for you to not believe in God? Not that it really matters but you really are missing out on sharing in something wonderful. I'm not judging you at all, in the end I believe it doesn't matter what we believe on this Earth, but how we live our lives.

I have a brother who is a PHD in Physics, was on the super collider project in Europe, done defense work for the US. The more he learns, the more of a devout Catholic he becomes. In fact, he said several people on the collider project because Christians after what they have learned.

It may not be as enlightened to mock religion and be a non-believe as you think.
And why is it so important to you that someone believes as you do?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:04 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Pretty amazing. A miracle, anyone but those in complete denial has to recognize it.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg
Yeah that sort of thing happens all the time. It's called "chemistry". As stated in your link; scientists have observed the phenomenon in other animals as well. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

Quote:
Why is it so important for you to not believe in God? Not that it really matters but you really are missing out on sharing in something wonderful. I'm not judging you at all, in the end I believe it doesn't matter what we believe on this Earth, but how we live our lives.

I have a brother who is a PHD in Physics, was on the super collider project in Europe, done defense work for the US. The more he learns, the more of a devout Catholic he becomes. In fact, he said several people on the collider project because Christians after what they have learned.

It may not be as enlightened to mock religion and be a non-believe as you think.
You posted this same statement in another thread not too long ago. I asked you to prove your brother was at CERN but you never provided any. You conveniently disappeared from the thread. Also, I will tell you again that I have done extensive research looking for publications, articles, or anything at all referencing groups of scientists converting to Christianity after doing research there. To date I've found NONE! Not one word.

I think these scientists are grown up and smart enough to know that there is no deity needed for the strange things that can occur at subatomic levels. Modern scientists don't deal with the unknown the same way they did during the Bronze Age. Trying to scare people into your religion is not working.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:28 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Yeah, and sometimes I see sparks when I touch a metal car door handle in dry climates. Doesn't mean that little toy cars are subsequently born.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:36 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why? It's chemistry. It was first observed in mice and other rodents. Are mice special too? Could God be a mouse?

A long time friend swears God is a woman............

Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Why? It's chemistry. It was first observed in mice and other rodents. Are mice special too? Could God be a mouse?
I don't think so. I can't see a mouse murdering almost all of the inhabitants of Earth, by drowning.... or murdering all the first born in Egypt.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Got to keep the murder mills open, right?

Old 04-27-2016, 05:04 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,656,926 times
When all pro-lifers put their money/action where their feel-good beliefs are and adopt all the abused/unwanted/crack/FAS babies in the world today, I will take them seriously. Disingenuous internet forum proselytizing without action is not pro-life.
Why are you on this forum talking about it when there is so much real work to be done?

Old 04-27-2016, 05:23 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
When all pro-lifers put their money/action where their feel-good beliefs are and adopt all the abused/unwanted/crack/FAS babies in the world today, I will take them seriously. Disingenuous internet forum proselytizing without action is not pro-life.
Why are you on this forum talking about it when there is so much real work to be done?
Feel good beliefs? Lol.

They are not beliefs, it is science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies