Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:39 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yep, exactly.
She is depending on the stupidity of her base.
Actually, they think democratic presidents have a better economy than a republican president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 11:22 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's going to be fun when Obama refuses to endorse her, and why would/should he? She's blaming him for the fact that my neighbor's cat had diarrhea, more or less.
Do Presidents normally endorse a candidate during the primaries?

Old 04-26-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Interesting, I listened to the speech and I didn't hear her say that. What I heard is that we've come a long way from the Dark Ages of the last Republican executive but there are still things that need to be done. She mentioned many jobs were created but more jobs are still needed. She mentioned income is rising and that she will widen the population that get on this stream. In general, she is acknowledging that some people got left behind by the economic boom and she will help those people lift themselves up.
That's what I heard too funny how we got it so wrong, huh?

Old 04-26-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I was just listening to one of the democratic candidate's victory speech and she made it sound like everything in this country is god awful. This is bad, that is bad, people don't have a fair chance, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, women not being treated as fair as men in the workplace, people's income down, people's hopes for the future down, people's trust in national security down, etc etc etc. Then she kept saying that if she and her side are elected, all these things will be addressed and corrected. Okay, I am a "No Party Affiliation" voter as I cannot stand either party and I think we would be better off if people had to vote for candidates without party ID's, just for the person themselves.
I do not claim to be the brightest bulb in the box, BUT, if she is saying everything stinks now and she and her party will fix it if elected..........well, ummmm......haven't they been the one's in charge the last 7.5 years, at least the main man? And they had both the House & Senate for years, plus a super majority for a period with the (I's) that go with them.
So what am I missing with what she is saying? Is she actually really saying that Obama and the people he put in place did a horrible job or did she forget what party she is in?
This is crazy. How can you possible say to someone "The democrats screwed everything up, so elect democrats and we will fix it". That does not make sense, unless she is trying to stick a knife in Obama's back. I know they can't stand each other, but WOW!
I think you and I heard a different speech, here is the transcript and the video of the one I heard tonight.

Hillary Clinton Primary Night Speech | Video | C-SPAN.org

Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
People are ignorant enough of history to keep believing lies. We'll just get this person in power who claims they can fix things...then it gets worse most of the time. Then the new candidates are rolled out and people buy into it again, and then again, and again. Ever think that putting people in power isn't the answer? No, no we just need the right person..
Not to mention she already was part of the administration she feels the need to start throwing under the bus for all the world's problems now. What a short memory on her, I guess.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:25 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Shillary is a lying psychopath.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:28 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do Presidents normally endorse a candidate during the primaries?
You quoted me so allow me to respond:

I didn't say a single thing about primaries. The meaning of the words "going to be" are key. They denote a FUTURE event.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:26 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Soooo, basically, what she is saying is that we have to make America great again?

Old 04-27-2016, 04:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
I don't listen to her.

Her voice is like fingernails scratching on a chalkboard.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:09 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All the candidates use the same ink to paint a rosy picture of the future only they can deliver.

Funny how none of them mentions that 99% of their promises cannot be kept unless Congress approves and funds it. Seems to e that Congress is none to fond of any of the front runners or their promises.

No president delivers on all promises. Sometimes Congress won't plY ball and sometime president's don't try.
Demonstrably correct. Many folks still feel government is the problem, no matter which party &/or person with whom they most closely identify. Some folks have identified the perceived unwillingness to lead toward meaningful compromise in solving or resolving the most important issues of the present day as, well, problematic. The earliest designers of our government faced many, albeit not the exact same, however still important & very challenging issues. Somehow, the 'will to become' overcame some of those very large obstacles. Albert Einstein said something like, 'It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. If government is indeed the problem, is then 'throwing out the baby with the bathwater' the solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies