Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:43 PM

42,748 posts, read 25,957,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Obamacare will fail next year, United Healthcare already announced they've stopped accepting new applicants for some of its plans already.

You can't have a system where everybody that can't afford is on the plan and the plan is partially subsidized by the govt and require others who can afford forced to pick up the tab. The people can then chose not to be insured and the insurance companies can no longer keep those plans.
Don't think that UHC pulling out is a sign that the ACA will fail, they were a very minor player in the ACA their policies were higher than anyone elses so it's sort of like 'who cares and will anyone even notice"

http://www.trbimg.com/img-56b36c9b/t...-obama-002/600

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-01-2016 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright

Old 05-01-2016, 06:49 PM

1,874 posts, read 1,316,013 times
I just want my old healthcare plan back... PLEASE

Old 05-01-2016, 06:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,146,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
The whole irony about Obamacare is that it was a Republican idea and proposal straight out of the Heritage foundation

That's how dumb the Republicans are

if you are talking about romneycare, then know this, romney is a rino, not a conservative republican.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:00 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,382,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You missed the point I was trying to make but that's ok. Let me see if I understand you; we don't need health insurance because there are doctors who will work at every price point, if that's correct then could you back it up with something, like a list of Doctors in your area who provide $5 or $10 office visits and are not subsidized by a charity or the government.

Subsidies are just another form of insurance.

We would have to eliminate insurance and subsidies from the market before we reached true market equilibrium.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:01 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,439,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3001 View Post
Imagine all those millions of people who would get their old insurance plans back at lower prices with far superior coverage and benefits though? That's the one thing supporters of the ACA like yourself seem to constantly miss is that millions of Americans lost their health insurance because of the ACA. Millions more than those who got health care but couldn't afford it previously. All those millions who lost their health care plans, were then without coverage and forced to sign up with the ACA. Now, they can pretend they helped those people and count them in the statistics of new signups, but if they hadn't enacted the ACA those millions of signups wouldn't have lost their cheaper and superior plans in the first place. Never forget that the insurance corporations gave 8:1 more to Obama than McCain because they wanted the ACA passed. They also spent millions lobbying for the ACA on Obama's watch. If that doesn't raise a red flag in your mind, then there's no hope for you.
This is exactly right.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:06 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,537,829 times
Quote:
Don't think that UHC pulling out is a sign that the ACA will fail, they were a very minor player in the ACA their policies were higher than anyone elses so it's sort of like 'who cares and will anyone even notice"
Before Obamacare I was paying $350/month for my family of 5 at work. We rarely use healthcare, everything we do is preventative services which I can pay out of pocket and still cost less than the premiums that I'm paying $750/month now with work group insurance.

So for all the Obama apologists or supporters out there? What has improved?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Before Obamacare I was paying $350/month for my family of 5 at work. We rarely use healthcare, everything we do is preventative services which I can pay out of pocket and still cost less than the premiums that I'm paying $750/month now with work group insurance.
So for all the Obama apologists or supporters out there? What has improved?
I'm not an apologist, the example of what your employer did is not typical, but without more information I can't even guess what happened. Did they change carriers, plans, reduce their contribution or what?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Subsidies are just another form of insurance.
We would have to eliminate insurance and subsidies from the market before we reached true market equilibrium.
I never mentioned subsidies. But I really doubt if the majority of Americans will agree with your plan and dump insurance and subsidies and then just see how it shakes out and then find out when they get really sick that they can't pay for their healthcare.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:33 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,382,360 times
Quote:
I never mentioned subsidies. But I really doubt if the majority of Americans will agree with your plan and dump insurance and subsidies and then just see how it shakes out and then find out when they get really sick that they can't pay for their healthcare.
You are missing the point completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies