Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:51 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Again 99.9% of 13 year old can't... you don't shoot every 13 year old for less than 1%... you have to think... I am sure your 13 year old has to make sure of its target before he fires, I expect nothing less from anyone else and I will hold the police to a higher standard... if you don't like the job, don't take the job...
Average age of gang members is 15...average... means there are younger gang members....

The entire church would stand up when my bud and altar boy Dave would step out onto the alter to prep the altar for mass. Dave at 13 was a big guy.

This situation all depends on the details, doesn't it?
Wait for the details.

Cop just got killed before he could knock on the door of a reported domestic violence call. There is a higher standard and then there is movie land fantasy of chuck connors of, 'the Rifleman', shooting the pistol out a a guys hand and knocking off his hat with a another quick shot.

Then there is the call to violence and targeting cops for murder by BLM and the Congressional black causcus with their Hands up don't shoot demonstration. They make these confrontations even more deadly with their lies and false information.
The baltimore mayor and prosecutor have done their best to make cops the enemy and put targets on their back.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
You don't have to be a genius to figure it out... when you see a no-win situation, you aim for minimizing your costs... the question of why run, why not drop the BB gun is equivalent of saying... why didn't everyone sell their stocks before it crashed in 2008... let me whip out my crystal ball to figure out a cop was going to shoot me today...
OK, say you're carrying a replica semi-automatic pistol, run when cops identify themselves, refuse to drop the replica when cops catch up to you.

You'd need a crystal ball to figure something bad might happen

This might not have happened how the cops describe, but if it did, legally justifiable.

If the boy figured listening to the cops was more risky than running, we'll never know if he was right.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:04 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,361 times

If I was a LEO and someone, regardless of age had this visible - I'd draw my weapon and begin my ROE. The boy is lucky he wasn't killed - at least LE can actually ask him why he thought it was ok to have that out in public.

BTW - this is the toy gun in question.

Last edited by NewGuy2016; 04-28-2016 at 09:48 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 09:08 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yes or no? There will be riots.

Baltimore Police Shoot 13-Year-Old Holding 'What Looked Like' a Firearm Video - ABC News

Reported in the story is that his mother knew he had a BB gun, a very realistic reproduction of a semi-auto pistol, in his possession when he left the house. This might have been a Darwin Award candidate story.
Maybe she is praying for national attention and a lawsuit. Sure honey, go play in the streets with something that looks just like a gun! What could possibly go wrong?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:47 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
I don't and last time they did it, the city owed 6 MILLION DOLLARS to settle the case... apparently even the common person wouldn't think it is justifiable... I am getting tired of "I feel threatened BS"... you use that excuse and look at what has happened... anyone can shoot and they do... then they come up with that lame BS excuse... if you don't want to use the brain then don't use the gun... the risk of the 13-year old is so low, you should be taking more than 1 second to decide...
Send your kid out onto the streets with a real looking gun then see if you feel that way about it. Tell him it's ok to point it at people and cops too because the chances of a 13 year old actually having a real gun is so low.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:51 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
OK, say you're carrying a replica semi-automatic pistol, run when cops identify themselves, refuse to drop the replica when cops catch up to you.

You'd need a crystal ball to figure something bad might happen

This might not have happened how the cops describe, but if it did, legally justifiable.

If the boy figured listening to the cops was more risky than running, we'll never know if he was right.
If you want to stop thinking and just shoot at anyone who you think might hurt you... go ahead... that's genius for a kindergarten level...

Old 04-28-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Send your kid out onto the streets with a real looking gun then see if you feel that way about it. Tell him it's ok to point it at people and cops too because the chances of a 13 year old actually having a real gun is so low.
I never said the kid was smart, I just said the police need to think about their actions like ANY person who has a gun... since they are law enforcement, I will hold them to a higher standard... they don't get a free pass..

Old 04-28-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Average age of gang members is 15...average... means there are younger gang members....

The entire church would stand up when my bud and altar boy Dave would step out onto the alter to prep the altar for mass. Dave at 13 was a big guy.

This situation all depends on the details, doesn't it?
Wait for the details.

Cop just got killed before he could knock on the door of a reported domestic violence call. There is a higher standard and then there is movie land fantasy of chuck connors of, 'the Rifleman', shooting the pistol out a a guys hand and knocking off his hat with a another quick shot.

Then there is the call to violence and targeting cops for murder by BLM and the Congressional black causcus with their Hands up don't shoot demonstration. They make these confrontations even more deadly with their lies and false information.
The baltimore mayor and prosecutor have done their best to make cops the enemy and put targets on their back.
Is the police job dangerous? Absolutely, I would think that anyone entering the job would KNOW that... knowing that is not an excuse to just shoot everyone because the job is dangerous...

Old 04-28-2016, 09:56 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
I just listened to the first 30 seconds of the video in the article.

Why did the kid run?

My guess is, he didn't believe they were law enforcement.

Two detectives tried to apprehend him. Detectives don't wear uniforms, they wear plain clothes. This kid was probably doing what he had been taught to avoid being kidnapped or worse.

There have been plenty of cases of people pretending to be cops, including fake badges and uniforms.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:03 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just listened to the first 30 seconds of the video in the article.

Why did the kid run?
Valid question...why run?
Quote:
My guess is, he didn't believe they were law enforcement.
Quote:
There have been plenty of cases of people pretending to be cops, including fake badges and uniforms.
And if so, this is a dangerous road to go down, if that's what we're teaching our children.
Quote:

Two detectives tried to apprehend him. Detectives don't wear uniforms, they wear plain clothes. This kid was probably doing what he had been taught to avoid being kidnapped or worse.
Detectives sometimes do wear uniforms - it depends on their mission/objective for that day/period. Even then, they have badges (I know, you said people flash fake badges too). What do you propose "we" start teaching our children? Ignore commands from anyone claiming to be a LEO, that's not in an uniform?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies