Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:15 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times

Advertisements

The article confirms my long held belief that Trump has been planning his run for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 07:42 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,316,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I don't know anything about this new guy but reading the post it does seem strange. But as mentioned, perhaps this has to be done for a tactical advantage, which is unfortunate that this whole presidential process is so complicated.

I think it should be a simple process, a popular vote, one round. What is the point of delegates? I know we are a republic, but if delegates do get to choose, what is the point of voters voting?
I don't get it either.

I hope somebody can explain it.

and who are these delegates anyway? Where do they come from? Who chooses them?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:02 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3001 View Post
Tricky business isn't it? Two weeks ago partisan thinkers like yourself were mocking him for not having a real professional running his campaign. Now he has one and you don't like that either. It's almost like there's nothing he could do to meet your approval.
He could have gotten other people, all good ones even with his money that are far less shady, to run his campaign. You don't fight corruption with corruption Meet the new boss, and Trump will be the same as the old boss. Manafort has been advising lead GOP presidential candidates since Reagan's first run. His track record also includes dictators, despots, and tyrants. You want a guy like that whispering in the ear of someone who not only could become president, but a classic narcissist and bully at that? That's a toxic combination. And no, nothing Trump could do would meet my approval, because his basic psychological persona is what troubles me the most

Old 04-28-2016, 10:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He could have gotten other people, all good ones even with his money that are far less shady, to run his campaign. You don't fight corruption with corruption Meet the new boss, and Trump will be the same as the old boss. Manafort has been advising lead GOP presidential candidates since Reagan's first run. His track record also includes dictators, despots, and tyrants. You want a guy like that whispering in the ear of someone who not only could become president, but a classic narcissist and bully at that? That's a toxic combination. And no, nothing Trump could do would meet my approval, because his basic psychological persona is what troubles me the most
Everything you say is true. My question is do you judge Hillary with this same skepticism? I have never thought Trump was an "outsider", if he was, they wouldn't have let him get this far. Same as Bernie.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Everything you say is true. My question is do you judge Hillary with this same skepticism? I have never thought Trump was an "outsider", if he was, they wouldn't have let him get this far. Same as Bernie.
Recently, I've begun to favor the candidate closest to the center in a general election. However, I might make an exception for Cruz if he wins. Clinton vs Trump, Clinton is a no brainer for me. Cruz and Clinton, I'm undecided. Despite me being liberal leaning, I actually do vote for Republicans on occasion from local to federal

Old 05-02-2016, 11:54 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The article confirms my long held belief that Trump has been planning his run for years.
You do know that Trump ran in 2000, right?

Old 05-02-2016, 11:55 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I don't get it either.

I hope somebody can explain it.

and who are these delegates anyway? Where do they come from? Who chooses them?
Was going to attempt a simple explanation, and what to copy/paste after a little Google search in terms of providing both explanation and/or history, and then I thought..., why don't you do that?

Old 05-02-2016, 12:17 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
I'd say Trump is an outsider who needed to hire an insider to help him win. Makes sense to me.

That Manafort guy sounds expensive. Now I know Trump is dead serious about being POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies