Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 10:25 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
But who are they calling?

Personally, I blame video games.
That's right. It's always a two way street, isn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
What is causing the decline in birth rate in the US and Mexico?

I was reading a news article that less people are having kids now and having kids later on in life. One or two kids seem to be norm these days. Long are days of having lots of kids.

It not just the US and Mexico!!! But places like the UK, Brazil and Canada.

Is it high cost of living? Or the use of birth control bills now or abortion? It was not like this in the 90's.
Education? The fact that you no longer need your kids to be forced to be your retirement option?

Old 05-05-2016, 08:25 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
Everyone knows the answer to that. It's Obama's fault!

Old 05-05-2016, 09:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
IMHO, the birth rate is down for a variety of reasons. The marriage rate is also down, so people are not as interested in a family as they once were. Divorce is easy and men are often abused by the divorce system, so more men are giving up on marriage and family. This is probably the biggest reason.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:55 PM

1,092 posts, read 833,009 times
Can we say "birth control?" also "abortions?"

Old 05-05-2016, 10:09 PM

1,230 posts, read 992,708 times
Wonder why places like the US and Mexico more open to birth control pills,condoms and abortion.

Well Africa is experiencing out of control birth rate but to people there the birth control pills, condoms and abortion looked as sin and never caught on there.

The church and the Pope when it comes to Africa will NOT talk about birth control pills, condoms and abortion and just say this is evil.

I wonder in future if the church and the Pope will change their views on birth control pills,condoms and abortion with out of control birth rate?

Quote:
But who are they calling?

Personally, I blame video games.
I don't think things like facebook, twitter, computers, video games, texting ,gadgets so on is main reason. If ever people are more sexual active these days in the UK, US and Mexico than they where in the 90's or before. It just that everyone is using condoms, birth control pills and abortion these days. When I was young in high school no one was using condoms or birth control pills. Now days it seems everyone is cheating pregnancy but having sex like you trying on clothes.

Now days sex, dating and relationships are like trying on clothes. And the divorce rate and common-law living is more norm.

It is harder to keep family together these days because people are no longer obligated to keep family together these days. On up site this weeds out lot of deadbeat dads who just go to work and come home and sleep with wife and when not doing that, out with guys drinking or doing his own thing. Well the wife looks after the kids and clean the house and cook.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:03 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You can't argue the premise which was correct so you pick at the spelling, aren't you special?
I never posted that I disagree with your view. I don't. Arguing against a point I agree with would be pointless.

I just logged on for the first time in over a week. On 5/4/16 someone repped me for the post that prompted your reply.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:07 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
I don't think its birth control and abortion. We've had those since the 70's. Other factors are changing and changing people's behavior. According to US Census data The birth rate is down from 14 in 2005 to 12.5 today. That's a huge change in 10 years. It was 16.7 in 1990. Something else is changing in our society. Its also not the recession as the birth rate is even lower than 2009, when the economy was in the tank. But I do think economic factors are a major part of the problem.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I don't think its birth control and abortion. We've had those since the 70's. Other factors are changing and changing people's behavior. According to US Census data The birth rate is down from 14 in 2005 to 12.5 today. That's a huge change in 10 years. It was 16.7 in 1990. Something else is changing in our society. Its also not the recession as the birth rate is even lower than 2009, when the economy was in the tank. But I do think economic factors are a major part of the problem.
The highest birth rates in America in recent times have been among newly arrived Hispanic immigrants. There have been significantly fewer of them since the financial crisis of 2007 so that may account for the overal decline in rates since 2005. As for 1990, that was near the peak of the "echo boom" with boomers finally settling down and having kids.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:39 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
What is causing the decline in birth rate in the US and Mexico?

I was reading a news article that less people are having kids now and having kids later on in life. One or two kids seem to be norm these days. Long are days of having lots of kids.

It not just the US and Mexico!!! But places like the UK, Brazil and Canada.

Is it high cost of living? Or the use of birth control bills now or abortion? It was not like this in the 90's.

There is a social science called Demography which is a study of populations and things like the question you ask called the Fertility Rate. You should find an article in Wikipedia or a proper set of encyclopedias.Look up something called the demographic transition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies