Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 06:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatic View Post
I'm not saying Malia isn't an intelligent, hardworking girl but... come on. You're fooling yourself if you think that her parent's prestige didn't play a part in her admission to Harvard.
This is ONLY valid if you ALSO questioned one of the BUSH twins being accepted at Yale....but we ALL know why her intelligence and academic aptitude WASN'T questioned

Old 05-16-2016, 09:09 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This thread is just further proof that smart, beautiful, wealthy, well-connected Black folks keep "certain" people wide awake at night due to their paralyzing jealousy.
Hahaha...always.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
This is ONLY valid if you ALSO questioned one of the BUSH twins being accepted at Yale....but we ALL know why her intelligence and academic aptitude WASN'T questioned
of course it is, it the same with the Clinton girl going to stanford, nobody going turn down the president kid

Old 05-17-2016, 12:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
It wasn't?

I find that hard to believe.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
of course it is, it the same with the Clinton girl going to stanford, nobody going turn down the president kid
It probably helped that Chelsea was a National Merit semifinalist, too.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:17 AM

447 posts, read 557,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It probably helped that Chelsea was a National Merit semifinalist, too.
That means she scored very high on PSAT. Good for her!

But OTOH, as you only mentioned semifinalist, I guess she was not a finalist? Most of the semifinalists became finalists, unless they got a poor GPA or poor SAT test or something.

However, a girl here, who did not even make the National Merit semifinalist, got the early acceptance from Princeton. So I guess National Merit is not important after all.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
That means she scored very high on PSAT. Good for her!

But OTOH, as you only mentioned semifinalist, I guess she was not a finalist? Most of the semifinalists became finalists, unless they got a poor GPA or poor SAT test or something.

However, a girl here, who did not even make the National Merit semifinalist, got the early acceptance from Princeton. So I guess National Merit is not important after all.
I don't follow your logic that "National Merit is not important after all."

Semifinalists represent the top 1% of the nation's high school juniors academically. That's a darn good indicator of future academic success. And that's important to college admissions programs.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:18 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Why ask me the same exact question you asked before that I already answered (post #348)?
You didn't answer it.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Wrong.
Major League Baseball's 2015 World Champions are located in the state of Missouri. That state has a nickname. I recommend doing just what that nickname indicates.
Quote:
In the minds of Democrats and liberals, they only have those "very high standards" when the children of Democrat politicians go to them.

Otherwise, Democrats and liberals routinely say that public schools have higher standards.

Another example of Democrat and liberal hypocrisy....LOL
And there aren't Republicans that don't think like that. Most people I know who went to the private schools and schools with high standards/sent their children to such schools were Republicans. I've never met a Democrat who ever said public schools had high standards.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some how you are confusing privileged people with racist........did you and President Obama take a class the rest of us are not familiar with?

Seems it is you and others who keep going back to Malia being black, most of us have said it is due to her position in life........which is not a hard position, unless one is black, is this the understanding?

Ben Carson has never gotten respect from the left, is this due to him being black or a brain surgeon?

Deseret News.........now this is news we should all subscribe to.

Should we make an educated guess........some of those comments most likely came from BLM or the Obama administration........at least none would be above this.
Actually, no I have not. After reading comments having to do with affirmative action and race on this thread, and after hearing what happened on the FOX News website, I'm not confused.

If Deseret News is so bad, can you come up with better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies