Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 01:03 PM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

I too am a white American male, but something all too many fellow older American white males don't seem to understand is that America is not a country of "we the American white males." America is a country of "we the people."

Though we are of course used to seeing ourselves running everything, from large American corporations to the banks to the schools and government (and of course we still are for the most part), over time, as America continues to be the country she has always been in this respect, the demographics of America have changed, are still changing, always will be changing. Of course we can still be very confused about all this, confounded about this domestic or foreign policy that seems to allow even more demographic change. After all, we still see a large majority of white males in Congress even though half of Americans -- no matter what their background -- are women.

Fact is, however, the Constitution does not provide even one article or guideline with respect to maintaining any demographic whatsoever, only a government to serve "we the people." What that means, to the awful chagrin of those who don't much care for people different than they are, who don't much care for change, America is changing its complexion to one that isn't so dominated by the whims and wants of the American white male.

The times they are a changing. For better or worse? Well that depends on who you are, what you are, and how old you are...

The problems are changing too. Are the problems more than before or worse than before? Well that depends on the same thing...

For all us Americans, no matter who we are, the answers are "blowing in the wind."

Old 05-02-2016, 01:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
I'm even worse.

I'm an OLD white American male.

Used to vote GOP for decades, when I just didn't pay that much attention to politics. Then I finally woke up to what the Pubs were doing and I've voted against them ever since.

Just call me "anti-stupid" in terms of politics. I'm not a fan of the Dems, but at least they aren't becoming a US version of the Taliban.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:07 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I too am a white American male, but something all too many fellow older American white males don't seem to understand is that America is not a country of "we the American white males." America is a country of "we the people."

Though we are of course used to seeing ourselves running everything, from large American corporations to the banks to the schools and government (and of course we still are for the most part), over time, as America continues to be the country she has always been in this respect, the demographics of America have changed, are still changing, always will be changing. Of course we can still be very confused about all this, confounded about this domestic or foreign policy that seems to allow even more demographic change. After all, we still see a large majority of white males in Congress even though half of Americans -- no matter what their background -- are women.

Fact is, however, the Constitution does not provide even one article or guideline with respect to maintaining any demographic whatsoever, only a government to serve "we the people." What that means, to the awful chagrin of those who don't much care for people different than they are, who don't much care for change, America is changing its complexion to one that isn't so dominated by the whims and wants of the American white male.

The times they are a changing. For better or worse? Well that depends on who you are, what you are, and how old you are...

The problems are changing too. Are the problems more than before or worse than before? Well that depends on the same thing...

For all us Americans, no matter who we are, the answers are "blowing in the wind."
W. Bush turned on a big fan.

Lotsa people became debris.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
We the people refers to the citizens of the US. Our government is here for us citizens as its primary role. One can argue that open borders or mass immigration without enough assimilation could be harmful to most US citizens while helping elite business owners and elite politicians.

Historically speaking, many liberals thought along these lines.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:13 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Being defined by boxes on government forms is a foray into the abyss of collectivism.

Be you. I won't tell anyone.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:14 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm even worse.

I'm an OLD white American male.

Used to vote GOP for decades, when I just didn't pay that much attention to politics. Then I finally woke up to what the Pubs were doing and I've voted against them ever since.

Just call me "anti-stupid" in terms of politics. I'm not a fan of the Dems, but at least they aren't becoming a US version of the Taliban.
Saying the GOP is legitimately comparable to the Taliban, reminds me of the tools who compare Hillary quotes to those of Hitler.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:19 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Default What too many white American males just don't seem to understand...

Yes, we're old, we're bold and we're cold... your only option for the next 30-50 years is to built more 'safe spaces'.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:19 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,361 times
It's frivolous to make an argument against one party and not the other. Neither party is innocent when it comes to pandering to demographics, with no real vested interest(s) to benefit those who they claim to serve.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:22 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,052 times
Please take your liberal crap elsewhere. Most whites don't think in this way. The liberal mindset in today's world is "whitey is the devil".

How about you realize that it's a class thing and not a race thing.

Rich people run stuff. Not white people.

I can point you to the majority of white people, who work hard and struggle their asses off, only to be told that they have "white privilege."

White people need to stop apologizing for being white and the finger needs to point at the right people: the uber rich.

They're holding us all down.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:22 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,657,461 times
No, we understand it, we just dont care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies