Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,082 times

Advertisements

MySpaceTV Videos: Lou Dobbs Announces New World Order by Squeegee

A new world order? A stealth trade agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,057 times
Nutty Lou...why can't he be more like that nice boy Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh...

Repeat after me: Democrats are ruining this country, and killing little puppy dogs as well. Outsourcing creates jobs in the U.S., and free trade is smart trade.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:14 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,383 times
Move along folks, there's nothing to see here.

American Idol is coming on soon, you really need to vote.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:37 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Repeat after me: Democrats are ruining this country, and killing little puppy dogs as well. Outsourcing creates jobs in the U.S., and free trade is smart trade.
I know those nutty economists claiming that reducing barriers and allowing free exchange of goods is actually beneficial for both countries.

What we need is an economic environment where business has no incentive (in fact an active disincentive) to improve efficiency and to provide competitive prices. It would be further improved if it allowed unions to make absurd demands and made it impossible to combat corruption and graft in organized labor.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:23 AM

71 posts, read 288,611 times
This guy is the most paranoid [person on TV. I don't see the wisdom behind keeping him and Glenn Beck on CNN.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Logic View Post
This guy is the most paranoid [person on TV. I don't see the wisdom behind keeping him and Glenn Beck on CNN.
In one word. RATINGS!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 AM

71 posts, read 288,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
In one word. RATINGS!
Exactly! Unfortunately, ethical and journalistic morals are so low in mainstream media today, that what-ever sells is tolerated in the name of profit. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to get my news from overseas. The only time I watch CNN is during the election season

Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM

32 posts, read 93,714 times
If we had a few more "paranoid" people in this country with the awareness to ask questions and think logically rather than accept what they are told by the media so they can sleep well at night, maybe we as Americans would not be dealing with daily government corruption, strategic propoganda, and continuous lies about the actions of this country's military. If someone has a thought or idea that is somewhat different that the media, automatically they are looked at as a nut job. Why?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM

711 posts, read 932,921 times
Smile Dobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletomcat View Post
If we had a few more "paranoid" people in this country with the awareness to ask questions and think logically rather than accept what they are told by the media so they can sleep well at night, maybe we as Americans would not be dealing with daily government corruption, strategic propoganda, and continuous lies about the actions of this country's military. If someone has a thought or idea that is somewhat different that the media, automatically they are looked at as a nut job. Why?
IMO you have somewhat touched on the answer to your question. Rather than describing Dobbs as paranoid I believe he often raises issues that make viewers uncomfortable, some of course more than others. Those that tend to cast political partisanship on nearly everything can become angered.

Those that are more moderate and analytical are uneasy because upon checking we find the context correct more times than not. Well, undoubtably we acknowledge a genuine flaw or problem, now, what is our next step to eradicate this. Not having an avenue of effective reproach we often stew in utter frustration. Sometimes the T.V. goes off, sometimes we write our Rep. and get a form letter written by Monica's step sister in return, sometimes we pass the word to those that are interested. That said, we are often still frustrated and wary. Some try to slay the messenger to gain relief.

I confess, I get a bit upset when I hear of successful power grabs by the executive branch, and that would be so no matter who the occupants are. I think crucial trade decisions should be made in unison with Congress not decided by one person or a small back office special interest group. I always thought it is we the people, not HE the person.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:47 PM

32 posts, read 93,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
IMO you have somewhat touched on the answer to your question. Rather than describing Dobbs as paranoid I believe he often raises issues that make viewers uncomfortable, some of course more than others. Those that tend to cast political partisanship on nearly everything can become angered.

Those that are more moderate and analytical are uneasy because upon checking we find the context correct more times than not. Well, undoubtably we acknowledge a genuine flaw or problem, now, what is our next step to eradicate this. Not having an avenue of effective reproach we often stew in utter frustration. Sometimes the T.V. goes off, sometimes we write our Rep. and get a form letter written by Monica's step sister in return, sometimes we pass the word to those that are interested. That said, we are often still frustrated and wary. Some try to slay the messenger to gain relief.

I confess, I get a bit upset when I hear of successful power grabs by the executive branch, and that would be so no matter who the occupants are. I think crucial trade decisions should be made in unison with Congress not decided by one person or a small back office special interest group. I always thought it is we the people, not HE the person.
Good comment. I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies