Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:30 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Preventing it. Not stopping it. Because of too many big government supporters like you who have no backbone.
Adults run their own life, children and sheeple don't.

They do not understand how power is intimidating. Yet they cannot fathom empowering themselves and god forbid, their community.

If it makes you think twice about being a bully towards me and my family.... I'm all for it.
The collective many, can be eliminated by one armed individual, set on remaining free from the collective mob rule. That is the collective set on harming him for not complying to their will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 11:38 AM

3,492 posts, read 3,118,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Oh, it got personal, eh?

LOL! sucker!
Um, your thread title has the word "me" in it, so the topic is inherently personal, as you intended it to be.

It's very amusing to see you rant day after day about your freedoms being eroded and in the same breath saying that your gun is the only thing standing between you and the erosion of your freedom.
Doesn't seem to be working so well for you, does it?

Old 05-15-2016, 11:40 AM

18,342 posts, read 18,953,457 times
Quote:
They do not understand how power is intimidating. Yet they cannot fathom empowering themselves and god forbid, their community.

If it makes you think twice about being a bully towards me and my family.... I'm all for it.
The collective many, can be eliminated by one armed individual, set on remaining free from the collective mob rule. That is the collective set on harming him for not complying to their will.
I don't find power intimidating. I doubt most people do. it might be intimidating in a places like Iran, but not in the US.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I don't find power intimidating. I doubt most people do. it might be intimidating in a places like Iran, but not in the US.

Does everyone pay their taxes willingly, or are they taken from them before they get paid?

Does the government intimidate them to file their taxes, or is that something they cannot wait to pay? That would be power over you/them... The power to put them/you in bondage at will. The power to kill them/you if they get a clue they/you are not going to consent to their ridiculous demands. What does government have, that forces us to comply to their demands? A lolly pop?

What does a mugger use, to intimidate someone to give up all their valuables, without a struggle? A lolly pop?

The police show up with a gun on their hip, but rarely have to pull it to get someone to comply with their demands, regardless how ridiculous they may be. Are they intimidated and comply without resisting?

Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Does everyone pay their taxes willingly, or are they taken from them before they get paid?

Does the government intimidate them to file their taxes, or is that something they cannot wait to pay? That would be power over you/them... The power to put them/you in bondage at will. The power to kill them/you if they get a clue they/you are not going to consent to their ridiculous demands. What does government have, that forces us to comply to their demands? A lolly pop?

What does a mugger use, to intimidate someone to give up all their valuables, without a struggle? A lolly pop?

The police show up with a gun on their hip, but rarely have to pull it to get someone to comply with their demands, regardless how ridiculous they may be. Are they intimidated and comply without resisting?
tyranny, the taxes! so we shouldn't have any taxes? plenty of people don't pay tax, they are self employed, and pay when they file. some people work for cash and either claim various amounts from all, to nothing. just like trump even the little people try their best to take advantage of the tax system to pay as little as possible. plenty of people also do not automatically comply with police, no matter if they have a gun on their hip or not. it seems a bit like paranoia to be so worried about intimidation.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:09 AM

788 posts, read 509,192 times
Quote:
tyranny, the taxes! so we shouldn't have any taxes? plenty of people don't pay tax, they are self employed, and pay when they file. some people work for cash and either claim various amounts from all, to nothing. just like trump even the little people try their best to take advantage of the tax system to pay as little as possible. plenty of people also do not automatically comply with police, no matter if they have a gun on their hip or not. it seems a bit like paranoia to be so worried about intimidation.
You are applying in the micro, facts and conditions that apply most forcefully in the macro. Perhaps you can't see the macro due to intellectual myopia, or chose the ignore it, and pretend, I don't know, but the end result is the same. Those with power will ultimately rule, with iron-fists, over those who without.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,418,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
You are applying in the micro, facts and conditions that apply most forcefully in the macro. Perhaps you can't see the macro due to intellectual myopia, or chose the ignore it, and pretend, I don't know, but the end result is the same. Those with power will ultimately rule, with iron-fists, over those who without.
Even in the land that elects the power. Forefathers were stupid then? The whole federal deomocracy thing is just a sham?
People don't understand the nature of a co-operative society and instead of willingly co-operating, are all being forced to comply?
Unlike yourselves who, of course, are the only ones who accurately surmise you're actually living in a dictatorship with only the toughest living behind the wall and enjoying the benefits?

You folks really know how to crank up a good fear fest don't ya? Why does there always have to be a boogyman for your sort?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:

If someone is unarmed, a gun will intimidate them to do things they normally would not and it doesn't have to be pointed at them to get them to comply......

Does the government intimidate you to pay your taxes? They have armed people to come get you if you don't.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
If someone is unarmed, a gun will intimidate them to do things they normally would not and it doesn't have to be pointed at them to get them to comply......

Does the government intimidate you to pay your taxes? They have armed people to come get you if you don't.
a gun would have to be pointed at me to be intimidated by it. a gun in the holster of the cop on the street, a gun sitting on a night stand, a hunting rifle at a camp site, no, not intimidated at all.

sure paying taxes is "required" however if I don't want to pay them they won't "come and get me" you guys are so paranoid. many people don't file and never get caught, some people file years in a row a one time, some file fraudulent returns. all of these scenarios are rectified slowly, with letters, lawyers. besides there are many people like myself that pay their taxes because we are part of a whole that needs, roads, education and infrastructure.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:32 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
a gun would have to be pointed at me to be intimidated by it. a gun in the holster of the cop on the street, a gun sitting on a night stand, a hunting rifle at a camp site, no, not intimidated at all.

sure paying taxes is "required" however if I don't want to pay them they won't "come and get me" you guys are so paranoid. many people don't file and never get caught, some people file years in a row a one time, some file fraudulent returns. all of these scenarios are rectified slowly, with letters, lawyers. besides there are many people like myself that pay their taxes because we are part of a whole that needs, roads, education and infrastructure.
Before the 1913 income tax we had roads, schools, fought in 9 wars and didn't loose any.
You must of missed learning that in school huh? Except they probably didn't teach that. Not your fault really, you only learned what they taught you.

btw Since you think government is doing such a good job in the areas you mentioned, why don't you pay more than you are forced to in order to help things along faster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies