Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 02:17 PM

46,838 posts, read 25,759,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Yes, Parity-of-Force is the only true guarantor of freedom and/or survival. The ABILITY to defend oneself absolutely, and without question, will render that need non-existent in almost all cases, thereby keeping the peace.

Where there is a dis-parity of force, there will be violence and death.

This is a historical lesson that ALL would do well to understand.
Everyone having the same gun does not provide parity of force. 10000 men with rifles do not an infantry division make. Training, structure, cohesion, organization, trust - that forms a unit, and units are much stronger than the sum of their parts.

And that's just talking raw physical force. What does make us equal in practice is law, customs, the acknowledgment that societies have a right and obligation to stop wrongdoers. A little frail woman using the courts to defend her rights is wielding more force than any gun could provide.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 05-13-2016 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 02:55 PM

788 posts, read 507,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Everyone having the same gun does not provide parity of force. 10000 men with rifles do not an infantry division make. Training, structure, cohesion, organization, trust - that forms a unit, and units are much stronger than the sum of their parts.

And that's just talking raw physical force. What does make us equal in practice is law, customs, the acknowledgment that societies have a right and obligation to stop wrongdoers. A little frail woman using the courts to defend her rights is wielding more force than any gun could provide.
Until the courts tell her to take a hike. Study history, it will teach you much if you are truly interested. You don't have to remember names and dates. Instead grasp concepts, principles etc. Study the use of pretense, selective application, and a whole host of other tactics used by the usurpers.

And don't you cryyyy no mo.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:21 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,754,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Sounds good.
What about all those "lawful" rulings that went against minorities during the Civil Rights era?
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Old 05-14-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know I don't need a gun to feel freedom like you do, but that's ok
I know I need a gun to defend myself in order to protect my freedom. If you choose not to protect yourself or have government protect you, go ahead. I value my life and my freedoms much more than you do, but that's ok

Old 05-14-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Horse crap! Only in uncivilized nations perhaps.
So before the Civil Rights era America was uncivilized?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:45 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,391,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I know I need a gun to defend myself in order to protect my freedom. If you choose not to protect yourself or have government protect you, go ahead. I value my life and my freedoms much more than you do, but that's ok

Decisions are made on the value you place on those things important to the individual.

Some value their freedom, along with the peoples freedom(all) of the nation from oppressive people, way more than others do. It is not only government that can be oppressive.

Then there are the idiots that think (arms) means a gun... That would be a specific arm and classified in the category "small arms"
To arm yourself, does not mean grab a gun. It means any weapon you have. The bigger/badder the better.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,389,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Decisions are made on the value you place on those things important to the individual.

Some value their freedom, along with the peoples freedom(all) of the nation from oppressive people, way more than others do. It is not only government that can be oppressive.

Then there are the idiots that think (arms) means a gun... That would be a specific arm and classified in the category "small arms"
To arm yourself, does not mean grab a gun. It means any weapon you have. The bigger/badder the better.
And "Grognan" used a club until he grew a bigger brain...your point would be what exactly?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And "Grognan" used a club until he grew a bigger brain...your point would be what exactly?
The very first sentence.
We are individuals, Mr. intellectual. What influences your decisions? The value it will bring to you? or the value it will bring to someone very different than you?

Are you not taught to sacrifice for others? Are you taught not to be selfish?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Got it Charles Bronson. Thanks.

Because I have a bigger gun, I am able to intimidate you? You must not be that equal to me then.
Thanks, got it.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:09 PM

46,838 posts, read 25,759,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Until the courts tell her to take a hike.
And her having a gun does what, then?

Quote:
Study history
I have, thanks. Enough to realize that the "armed society is a polite society" or the idea "that all of us having the same gun makes us all equal" claptrap is just that. Slogans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies