Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 09:33 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times

Advertisements

I say this a lot. Policing is local. These people need to vote people out until their officers are held accountable. Meanwhile they're going to get sued civilly until people get tired of the high taxes needed for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 11:57 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,410,134 times
According to most posters here, if you resist this is what you deserve. Of course I disagree, but who am I?

Old 05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,233,038 times
People are dumb. They should get steel doors, and not open them for cops. They're dumb. What do they think this is, a free country or something? You open your steel door for a cop, you pay with your life. Dumb.

I never answer my door unless I'm expecting someone. And I verify it's who I'm expecting. The rest are selling something, collecting for some fake charity, trying to serve me a subpoena for a frivolous lawsuit, or a stupid cop with a loose trigger. And regardless of who it is, I don't want to interrupt my game just to answer the stupid door.

Old 05-07-2016, 12:30 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,233,038 times
Did the cop have proof that the victim slammed the door on his leg? Did he go to the ER? Are there pictures of the injuries? Even if he has solid proof, and an excuse to arrest the guy, there was no excuse to use violence in the arrest. North Carolina grand juries are the problem. Sheep who do whatever the prosecutor asks them to, without using their brains at all. How did they get on the grand jury? By qualifying as sheep?

But I wonder if the cop even has any evidence that the person slammed the door on his leg. It might just be a fake excuse to arrest him. The real reason for the arrest might be that he didn't like his attitude, telling him to get a warrant.

Or if the guy did slam the door on the cop's leg, could it have been because the cop was trying to force his way in? Are all honest witnesses dead? A cop who wants to rule has to make sure all honest witnesses are dead.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:29 AM

38,627 posts, read 26,311,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The problem is when you have a culture of excusing anything police do as "justified". The general public mostly believe that if a cop does something, he/she must have had a good reason for it. That needs to change. Until it does, police on power trips will mostly escape unscathed. States need to pass laws that better vet potential officers for hire as a starting point; fail applicants who have markers of anger issues or aggressive attitudes. Lax hiring standards has taken the life of yet another civilian.

Any individual who wants to be a cop obviously has mental health issues that should exclude them from employment in law enforcement.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:43 AM

58,761 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
When is violating our 4th amendment rights justified? I guess when the cops say it is. And if you try to protect your 4th amendment rights they will kill you. So this cop with a history of abuse knows he is now free to invade any home he chooses.
------------------
Nicholas Kehagias, a sheriff's deputy in Harnett County, North Carolina, came to John Livingston's house in the middle of the night, looking for two people who weren't there. Ten minutes later, Livingston was lying in a pool of blood on the floor of his porch, mortally wounded by three rounds from the deputy's gun.

Last month a grand jury declined to indict Kehagias for second-degree murder in connection with the November 15 shooting. But a recent investigation by the Raleigh News & Observer suggests the deputy's behavior that night fits a pattern of excessive force and needless escalation of encounters with local residents.

https://reason.com/blog/2016/05/06/n...-got-into-a-de
Your own article explains the situation.

And of course, as usual you jump to conclusions because for some reason you hate ALL police officers.

" Last month a grand jury declined to indict Kehagias for second-degree murder in connection with the November 15 shooting. But a recent investigation by the Raleigh News & Observer suggests"

Do you think ANYONE on here whom CONSTANTLY see your anti-police threads are surprised that you would side NOT with what the grand jury did BUT, with a very "liberal "newspaper who "SUGGESTS something different?
You anti-police bias has had you blinded for quite a while.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:46 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,251,318 times
Then again you are protected if you shoot the said cop for breaking into your home as well.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:46 AM

58,761 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
What an a**hole of a cop. He should be in jail for trespassing, burglary and 2nd degree murder.
Please explain why YOU say this WITHOUT the knowledge the Grand Jury had?

What do you KNOW, not think you know, about the FACTS of this indecent?

Old 05-07-2016, 05:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And of course, as usual you jump to conclusions because for some reason you hate ALL police officers.
What a stupid post. Do you not know the difference between good cops and bad cops? Are all cops good in your mind? Can they do no wrong?

Why do you love cops who abuse their power? Why do you support criminal cops?

Old 05-07-2016, 05:11 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
[/b]Do you think ANYONE on here whom CONSTANTLY see your anti-police threads are surprised that you would side NOT with what the grand jury did .
I have NEVER posted an anti-police thread. Never.

I have posted many anti-police power abuser threads. And many threads about cops who are criminals.

People (including cops) who abuse their power are the lowest form of life. People who have been put in positions of authority and trusted by the citizens and yet abuse their power are lower than child abusers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies