Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 01:37 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,943,762 times

Advertisements

Did you know that people are starving and eating cats in Venezuela because the communist govt has failed?

Also several hundred people were killed by ISIS this week in attacks in Iraq.

Not to mention in Chicago and Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 04:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Only "makes sense" to you.

No, you.

You were the one who made the claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Reality sure is rough, I'll give you that.

Did you know that when a transgendered person is placed in a brain scan, their brain does seem to be more wired as the sex they identify. I'm sure you already knew that, because you're expressing an opinion, and surely as an informed citizen you did as much research as you could to know very angle.

This brain scan issue brings up an important philosophical question. What makes someone who they are. The fact is, when a soldier is fighting in Iraq and a grenade goes off near him, and his junk gets torn out by some shrapnel (considerably more common than you'd realize), we don't say he's no longer a man because we recognize that the existence of his balls is not what makes him a man. Interestingly enough, I don't think anyone would say any body part makes someone who they are. If your arm gets caught in a trash compactor, leg lost in a car crash, or an eye is removed due to some form of cancer, no one views them as any less 'them' than they already are. The brain seems to be the most vital thing in determining who we are. It is after all what makes us who we are, according to every scientists or even just slightly informed person.

My question to you is what do you make of the significance of these brain scans?
Pee pee equals men's room.

Wee wee equals women's room

When the castrated soldier grows a pair of t*ts, and wants to use the women's room, we'll make a special accomodation for that.

Brain scans -- who cares? You might as well read Tarot cards.

That's how much we know about the brain and its relationship to the mind, morality and the meaning of life.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:20 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,223,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly my point. The transgender bathroom issue really only matters because it's getting air time and column inches. Trans people have been using the bathroom they wanted for a while now. A few states had incidents where this was questioned, so they put in place a safeguard saying they could do that. Conservatives reacted, then liberals reacted, and now it's snowballing out of control, meanwhile there are dozens of more pressing issues that get almost no attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

That's how much we know about the brain and its relationship to the mind, morality and the meaning of life.
Never mind, I thought you were scientifically informed. I see no reason to continue this conversation.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Exactly my point. The transgender bathroom issue really only matters because it's getting air time and column inches. Trans people have been using the bathroom they wanted for a while now. A few states had incidents where this was questioned, so they put in place a safeguard saying they could do that. Conservatives reacted, then liberals reacted, and now it's snowballing out of control, meanwhile there are dozens of more pressing issues that get almost no attention
Nailed it!

Old 05-18-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Never mind, I thought you were scientifically informed. I see no reason to continue this conversation.
I am scientifically informed enough to know that study of the brain tells us little to nothing about the subject under discussion.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 AM

248 posts, read 172,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No, you.

You were the one who made the claim.

Pee pee equals men's room.

Wee wee equals women's room

When the castrated soldier grows a pair of t*ts, and wants to use the women's room, we'll make a special accomodation for that.

WHAT....You mean to tell me you don't think the law should allow for 6'4" Bubba in a dress and lipstick to walk in the gym locker room, hike his dress up and flop his penis out in front of your 13 year old daughter who's standing inches away in her bra and underwear?
You must be crazy...that sounds perfectly reasonable and there is nothing dysfunctional about it.
What Twilight Zone do you people come from where you honestly think that scenario should be perpetuated by law? I know, I know....this isn't likely to happen right? But a law should allow for it to happen? Anyone with an IQ of 7 knows that it's just plain bizarre and ignorant to legislate in favor for such a law.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:47 AM

^^^^ lol

Old 05-19-2016, 09:59 AM

248 posts, read 172,476 times
Finally...crickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies